Primavera 2018

Runnerups

13 minutes ago, Choukri said:

Do you guys have a link to these instagram stories by any chance ? I can't seem to find them... !

They've expired now, though were a selection of shots of the winners of the competition, sat facing a Macbook with headphones on, some looking surprised, laughing etc.

22 minutes ago, Createur said:

I think they weren't offered a list or a poster.

Maybe they were only be able to just listen to a few unnamed tracks or a medley.

Good shout! I think there will be some kind of cryptic kind of audio that reveals something. Just thinking back to the year they announced the line up with a mobile game, they love a fad

• Like 1

A portuguese music blog, posted on their facebook page (called Ouvido Alternativo) that Thom Yorke (as solo act)  is heavily rumoured to be on Nos Primavera Sound.  If this is true,  maybe he will be on both Primaveras

http://ouvidoalternativo.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/thom-yorke-no-nos-primavera-sound-2018.html

Edited by Tigane
Link added
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

rene-magritte-this-is-not-a-pipe-1929.jp

Nod to Magritte from PS.

The Catalan elections are on Thursday so I guess there are loads of election posters all over the city so PS may be having fun with this. Also, yellow is the colour of the pro-independence campaign. No way they will announce this week anyway.

Great spot! Gabi's presence on social media is obviously very pro independence, though it's brave politicising the festival!

a load of acts have been added to the We Love Green line up today, which takes place the same weekend as Primavera:

Saturday 2 June:
Migos - Jamie xx - orelsan - beck - lomepal - ibeyi - Jorja Smith - Honey Dijon &
Sunday 3 June:
Björk - Tyler, the Creator - King Krule - The Internet - Daphni - Father John Misty - Young Marco - Moritz Von Oswald

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is a good marketing strategy. Created anticipation and demand for the product.

But revealing the lineup now earlier than expected i.e. before mid January would be good customer relations.  There's a fine line between teasing and pissing off.

wasn't a year when they did some kind of countdown with some spaceship and it took hours and hours of waiting? that's pissing off :D 

11 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Just saw this on twitter too: 

A good campaign... I think they’ll do some kind of audio/ visual campaign. One time only viewing of the line up? Impossible to stop screenshots though I guess...

Maybe a clue with the “can I see it again” quote at the end, also “this is a poster” as opposed to what’s on the billboards Gabi posted on Twitter.

Roll on the speculation

You're right! And the video game was also in the pissing off category. But that was a wait measured in hours not weeks and members of the public (who might leak) didn't have the lineup.

If they announce early, it surely can't be between 24th December to 1st January or at the weekend.

So that leaves tomorrow, Thursday or Friday...or 2nd January onwards which is usually when Coachella announces.

Might be difficult to get press attention on Friday. 

Thursday???

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You're right! And the video game was also in the pissing off category. But that was a wait measured in hours not weeks and members of the public (who might leak) didn't have the lineup.

If they announce early, it surely can't be between 24th December to 1st January or at the weekend.

So that leaves tomorrow, Thursday or Friday...or 2nd January onwards which is usually when Coachella announces.

Might be difficult to get press attention on Friday. 

Thursday???

yes i agree ahah

yesterday the billboard, today this video, too much teasing! are they going to make us wait until mid january now?

the winners of the contest said that the line up would be revealed after christmas i think

let's see

Yeah it's a great campaign and has definitely got me hyped. If I am being totally honest I do not mind waiting for a few weeks now... agree it would be weird to announce before new year. 

I know it's a promo so hard to take on face value, but those people in the vid do seem genuinely surprised. I kinda feel there is a big Blur/Radiohead-style name lurking around. 

Edited by sgreen7643

Just now, sgreen7643 said:

I know it's a promo so we don't know, but those people in the vid do seem genuinely surprised. I kinda feel there is a big Blur/Radiohead-style name lurking around. 

that was my first thought too. Kendrick was the first name that came to mind, despite the rumour that he's supposedly only around later in the summer.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On another forum, it's reported that one of the winners said they had to keep the lineup secret for 'a week or so'. After New Year would be more than 2 weeks.

i read somewhere saying after christmas... plus keeping the secret for one week or so.. would they reveal it next week?