Primavera 2018

Runnerups

I think you are missing the point. The line-up is going to be released in January as far as we know right now. The winners are obliged to sign a NDA regarding the line-up. Besides, Gabi said on Twitter that he wanted to show each winner a different line-up with one (or several) fake acts, so they can know who is the leaker in case it happens.

As Orens says, they won't announce the line-up on a Saturday but will they release it the following week? That's the real question for me. The video announcement was shot a few weeks ago (most of the acts are included in post-production) so my guess is that if every act is signed by Dec 16th, they could release the poster between Dec 18th and Dec 21th. 

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Probably they are open to it being leaked. Generates interest/hype.

That's one of the keys, I think. They won't take pictures so what if some guy says The National, Nick Cave and Tyler the Creator are playing Primavera? More buzz, that's all. Regardless, I think there won't be a massive leak alas 2015 where a list of +200 bands were circulating hours before the announcement.

Remember what Gabi said last year: "we finished the line-up by the end of November so why should we wait?" I reckon if they get to finish the line-up by then, they'll release it before Christmas Eve.

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, Orens said:

The phase 1 poster of Sonar might have just leaked (still unofficial). We already knew that LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz won't play Primavera 2018 (and Bonobo is a longshot), but IMO Bjork is a lock to play.

received_10156010896534444.png

Another version of this poster just became official:IMG_20171129_130159.thumb.jpg.f87b99b83a24ffc9453f007e2eeb29a5.jpg

Meanwhile, St. Vincent is headlining Catalonia's Vida Festival, next to Franz Ferdinand. I guess that's what she meant when she said she's coming back to Barcelona, but didn't see this one coming.

I don't know anything for sure but I think not a single one of the things you mention are going to happen. We are not gonna find out anything but some blurry leaks in two weaks. Also, they will get into January without a single name revealed so they'll keep their lips sealed until the big announcement. And finally, Arctic Monkeys a) won't be touring that early (if at all) b ) won't end up on this line-up if they hit the road next year.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

I don't know anything for sure but I think not a single one of the things you mention are going to happen. We are not gonna find out anything but some blurry leaks in two weaks. Also, they will get into January without a single name revealed so they'll keep their lips sealed until the big announcement. And finally, Arctic Monkeys a) won't be touring that early (if at all) b ) won't end up on this line-up if they hit the road next year.

Like you, I can only estimate, but my two cents:

- you can't tell 10 people the lineup and expect it to stay a secret for a month, everything leaks these days

- You don't fly people especially to Barcelona to give them a fake or bogus lineup. You also don't do it to sue them, NDAs or not.

Given that, I think the lineup will be announced shortly after.

How short? maybe a few days, so it won't be on the weekend, and maybe give time for the rumors and leaks to build some buzz around it. but a few days after I expect it to be officially out. Remember that there's also a financial interest here - the prices rise when the lineup is announced. If everyone knows the lineup before the announcement, they lose money

As for Arctic Monkeys, I can only hope. I see all kinds of talks about them in relation to many festivals, not sure how much truth is in any of them, but let's hope.

I just think that given the lineup mad cool is building up - PS needs to supply some A.M. caliber headliner, the current ones are not enough (Nick Cave is awesome, in my mind better than everything MC signed so far, but less appealing to the younger crowd, and the national and Bjork are not enough). I hope for Beck and phoenix, but they are secondaries, they should provide one more big name in my mind. 

The PS poster presented to the ten guys won't be a full one, and there was some talk about different versions of the poster. They will probably expose whatever they can and not the reunions and surprise acts which will come out in January that are probably holding the whole poster.

I mean, we're already talking about Nick Cave, The National, etc. We'll just have more names to discuss during the holidays, until Coachella and co. will unveil their posters, allowing PS to announce Jack White/Kendrick/Arctic Monkeys/mbv/whatever.

49 minutes ago, Orens said:

Gabi just tweeted:

"A couple of details and we close the poster. This year they are resisting a little on the smallest things. I think we are infatuated too much and we end up sweating to close them more than necessary." 

This seems like they love the artist so much, they're trying to give them everything to please them to play! Diva behaviour from the booking???

14 hours ago, chemica said:

This seems like they love the artist so much, they're trying to give them everything to please them to play! Diva behaviour from the booking???

Hmm that makes me think they are trying to get Morrissey. He's an absolute diva and he's been mentioned for Primavera in the past.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hoping this is to do with them trying to persuade Jack White.

Well, he is heavily rumored to headline Bonnaroo on the following weekend. Over the last two years (during which the festivals were set on following weekends) both posters shared LCD Soundsystem, The xx and Tame Impala on major slots, among others. 

I wonder who else could book him on Europe, prior to and on the Prima weekend. "APE presents.." on the Friday? Field Day London on the Saturday (unsure he fits there)? The French festivals, We Love Green + This Is Not A Love Song?

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Well, he is heavily rumored to headline Bonnaroo on the following weekend. Over the last two years (during which the festivals were set on following weekends) both posters shared LCD Soundsystem, The xx and Tame Impala on major slots, among others. 

I wonder who else could book him on Europe, prior to and on the Prima weekend. "APE presents.." on the Friday? Field Day London on the Saturday (unsure he fits there)? The French festivals, We Love Green + This Is Not A Love Song?

Yeah I have been thinking APE Presents might be one of the festivals Gabi was on about syndicating with to get White over, seeing as they were likely still trying to get their final headliner recently as well. I suppose the Bonnaroo tip will limit things if he's off back the next weekend but fingers crossed they can sort that out.

Guys, he especifically mentions they're having a lil issues with "the smallest bands" so this delay is not for Jack White or Morrissey, at least at this point. My two cents: Brockhampton, tho obviously is almost impossible to guess which band is going to be the last one to be added to the line-up.

And btw, the headliners I was told a few weeks ago didn't include Jack White. I don't know if I will be right but that's what I know.

Edited by Nesser