Primavera 2018

Runnerups

@MadScientist - I've been VIP last 2 years and I'd say it was worth it. You get roughly 1 euro off per drink. There are another couple of food options which have been pretty decent. You can get into the VIP stand at Mordor, which is pretty relaxing and can just sit back and enjoy a band. Also can get into the front areas at the 2 main stages obviously dependent on capacity - it was pretty easy for most acts, had a small queue for the XX because we went late, and also for Arcade Fire couldn't get in at all but the system at the Mango stage wasn't as good and just a bit of a free for all. You can also go into the area behind the primavera pro stage, we only ever really used this as a cut through, or to grab a drink between Mordor and Rayban/Adidas/Pitchfork - it was mostly full of people relaxing, would regularly see the same people on the way through so not sure if they actually saw any bands...

And there's a seperate grass/seating area infront of the Primavera stage which is nice at the end of a long day.

Toilets are a little better too in the Main stages and Primavera stage VIP areas.

This year my VIP ticket was 200Euro, and mates 'regular' ticket was 185euro, so 100% was worth it as spent less overall with the drinks. Next year though the price gap seems a bit bigger...I'd say it was marginally still worth it though!

Edited by Madz
  • Upvote 2

Hi all, been to glasto this year, and looking towards Primavera next year, planning to buy a VIP ticket tomorrow, so if there's anybody here who can't attend next year and would like to share their code for the reduced ticket with me, I'll be grateful

Cheers!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Thinking of getting early bird tickets but is it possible to sell them on or do they have your name on them? 

there is an official marketplace that works perfectly fine. not sure if it only works for tickets bought via redtkt.

23 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

literally the only one in my group who doesnt have the vip code, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

looks like me may get access to cafe del mar next year? apparently new area in vip with pool and restuarant? 

I think this is just going to be the area behind primavera pro stage - this is where the 'restaurant' type food has been before, in that you sit down and have a proper meal rather than a takeaway burger etc. Also pretty sure there was a pool type setup there. And that's where the 'backstage' stage was, the one folk had to queue up for tokens for this year.

Could be wrong though!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me for being a skeptic, I know how undeniably reliable internet forums are... Does anyone have a link confirming The National as playing next year? (good choice imo).

Also Kendrick would be super but ideally announced after it's already sold out, which I imagine will most likely be earlier this year due to no Glastonbury. 

There is not an official confirmation. The night Ocean cancelled, Gabi went on a couple of forums in order to calm people down. The National popped up on the topic and he quoted that message and said something like "next year, they're coming". I can't find a translation that implies the unnofficial vibe his message had but as a Spaniard, I wouldn't take that message as a hidden confirmation but as a desire/intention. A lot of people want to think they are already booked based on that message but I see it as a "hey guys, I know you are pissed off about Ocean so I'm gonna tell you something about next year: we want to book The National and I think that we can do it".

tl;dr: http://www.foroexiliados.net/t13126p150-frank-ocean#2355671

5 hours ago, Nesser said:

There is not an official confirmation. The night Ocean cancelled, Gabi went on a couple of forums in order to calm people down. The National popped up on the topic and he quoted that message and said something like "next year, they're coming". I can't find a translation that implies the unnofficial vibe his message had but as a Spaniard, I wouldn't take that message as a hidden confirmation but as a desire/intention. A lot of people want to think they are already booked based on that message but I see it as a "hey guys, I know you are pissed off about Ocean so I'm gonna tell you something about next year: we want to book The National and I think that we can do it".

tl;dr: http://www.foroexiliados.net/t13126p150-frank-ocean#2355671

Three weeks earlier, the day the set times were released, Gabi said they were already working on the Mordor running order for 2018. I bet they already had all their headliners set by then.

Back in November 2016 Gabi had a Facebook chat and ruled out The National for PS 2017. I can't recall the actual quote but he basically said they weren't coming until 2018.

The week before the Facebook chat, I had the chance to chat with Prima's Head of Booking, and he personally told me that they already booked some acts for 2018, including headliners.

Of course Gabi wouldn't officially confirm them on a Spanish forum, but saying "next year, they are fixed" on this occasion without actually have them set for 2018 doesn't make much sense.

• Upvote 2

I know Gabi and co tend to book way in advance but seriously doubt they had nailed all the headliners 13 months before the fest. My interpretation of that sentence was that they were planning who would play before the headliner, who would close Mordor etc (i.e: Grizzly Bear's slot).

I don't want to dwelve into the pseudo-The National leak too much, tbh. If that message on that forum hadn't happened, the chances of seeing The National on the line-up would be almost the same as they are now because it's one of those bands that Primavera always try to book (the War on Drugs, Grizzly Bear, Mogwai... you name it). Having a unnofficial confirmation doesn't add very much to the pool cause they were gonna be there unless BBK pulled off a 2016 again. If this whole story was about a less likely band, then I would agree with you and would be as hype as most people are but I'm afraid I'm gonna be on the 'meh' side this time.

In other news, I think we won't have Kendrick this time. I was checking some vids from the tour he started a few days ago and it all seems way bigger than 2014 and bigger than Primavera would be able to pull off without jeopardizing the rest of the line-up. I'm not gonna say he may be up where Kanye and Drake money-wise speaking but well, he very much seems to be there already.

23 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Oh boy I'd be all over that. I'm hoping OMD pop up, with a new album out before the end of year & that. 

No obscure reformation tho I suppose asking you to predict that is a bit of a stretch :P 

Yeah I was sorta counting stuff like Smashing Pumpkins and Cap'n Jazz where it's not a reunion outta nothing but some way there. 

OMD are a p. good shout. Coulda reminded me earlier. :P

22 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Fantastic line up. Can't personally see Kendrick doing but I could be wrong. I reckon Fleet Foxes will play

I would agree normally but they've just headlined Vida in Barcelona and then showed up at Bilbao as well so it'd be a poor booking on Primavera's part.

That's actually pretty good, dentalplan. No impossible bookings and plausible middle names makes it better than the rest of the fakes :) I doubt Caribou will be ready for a full-tour album again this soon and I think we should consider their success on Sufjan doing a big, outdoor gig (swap him for Billy Corgan and his friends, i.e.) but yeah, overall it's a solid mock. I tend to prefer those who clearly know they're fake and add tons of headliners into the middle but as I said it's great.

• Upvote 1