Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I'll make an early guess of Kendrick, The National and Gorillaz.

Gabi didn't like the Gorillaz new album, so probably won't bring them over.

The National are confirmed, as mentioned earlier.

Gabi also mentioned back in November that the festival wanted Grizzly Bear on the 2017 bill but the new album was delayed. Shouldn't be a problem for 2018, if the tour makes sense.

I'd love Kendrick, QOTSA, but we probably won't get both with The National already on the bill. Too much 2014 headliners.

I have no doubt this festival will kick ass, just like each and every year. Had such a good time in both 2016, 2017, can't wait for 2018.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tilted said:

We've booked our apartment for next year 

Wow, already?

Any recommendations? We've done this the past 2 years but never this early, once in Feburary and once in December. We are looking for a 4-person apartment for 2018.

Plus, is there anyone who bought a VIP ticket and does not plan on buying one on the pre-sale? I'm trying to help my friends, who already had a VIP ticket for 2017 but decided to fly over to Glastonbury for the first time once they got the tickets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Mixed feelings on whether or not they should book an act like Kendrick... On the one hand it would be a rare treat to see someone of his stature with a respectful Primavera audience. On the other, booking him could potentially see a further influx of the Radio One/Coachella crowd we have seen in recent years. 

Anyways, my 2018 wish list please and thank you: Bjork, Beck, Nick Cave, The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, St Vincent, George Clinton, Daniel Johnston, Sufjan Stevens, Cat Stevens, Dirty Projectors, Grizzly Bear, Danny Brown... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sgreen7643 said:

Mixed feelings on whether or not they should book an act like Kendrick... On the one hand it would be a rare treat to see someone of his stature with a respectful Primavera audience. On the other, booking him could potentially see a further influx of the Radio One/Coachella crowd we have seen in recent years. 

Anyways, my 2018 wish list please and thank you: Bjork, Beck, Nick Cave, The National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, St Vincent, George Clinton, Daniel Johnston, Sufjan Stevens, Cat Stevens, Dirty Projectors, Grizzly Bear, Danny Brown... 

Kendrick already headlined in 2014, before releasing To Pimp A Butterfly and DAMN., his first big festival headline performance.

I'm certain Primavera will be able to maintain its character even through a bigger Kendrick performance, just like the festival made it past what seemed like the first Radiohead show in four years.

Bjork seems unlikely IMO, but then again: The National are already confirmed by the festival director.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Ack, I hope you're right - don't wanna come across as some 'it's not like the good ol' days' curmudgeon, especially as I do enjoy a lot of the big poppier acts.

There are always amazing alternatives, less reasons to go to Mordor!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

So are the National definitely headlining or would they sub? I never quite know where they sit on the festival circuits. 

Anyway, def going next year. NIN and QOTSA are my big hopes.

They have headlined and definitely will headline again. 

On 11/06/2017 at 2:57 PM, Orens said:

Wow, already?

Any recommendations? We've done this the past 2 years but never this early, once in Feburary and once in December. We are looking for a 4-person apartment for 2018.

Got an apartment opposite Parc del Forum through Booking.com 

Defintely worth a look, still some reasonably priced apartments on there 

On 6/12/2017 at 3:08 PM, Orens said:

There are always amazing alternatives, less reasons to go to Mordor!

Wow, (at least) two people seriously downvoted me for this? 

Just checked my profile, suddenly got plenty of 1-2 downvotes on previous messages. What the fuck is wrong with people in this forum?

• Downvote 5

10 minutes ago, Orens said:

Wow, (at least) two people seriously downvoted me for this? 

Just checked my profile, suddenly got plenty of 1-2 downvotes on previous messages. What the fuck is wrong with people in this forum?

Aha, what?! Wasn't me I promise. I agree with you tbh, kinda hate spending more than a few hours bouncing between those two stages.

23 hours ago, sgreen7643 said:

Aha, what?! Wasn't me I promise. I agree with you tbh, kinda hate spending more than a few hours bouncing between those two stages.

Thanks. a lot of people do hate it. I'm actually more worried about travelling to Mordor back and forth. But agree with you. The area badly needs a conditioning improvement.

I just got at least 9 more downvotes since yesterday. Not that it matters, I just wonder what makes people looking for old posts/comments of mine and downvoting it. Can't recall having a beef with anyone in efests. 

Mordor.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2