How closely do they inspect the photo on the ticket upon entry?

100borrowedfilms

sorry if this has been asked over and over, but I'm a freelance worker who has just been offered a big job opportunity over Glastonbury weekend. This means I'm unable to go, and passed the point of getting a refund.

I've got a friend who looks relatively similar to me who is keen to take my ticket. How closely do they inspect the ticket, and do you think that recent events will mean that security check the ticket photo more closely? I think he looks enough like me to get away with it, but would be great to hear some second opinions.

Your friend would need to carry some of your ID. If your Glasto pic is of you clean shaven get your friend to grow a beard, a couple of weeks of stubble can make a difference, same is true in reverse. 

As long as your friend is prepared for it to be a wasted journey what have you got to lose.

Must be a big freelance job to make it worth missing glasto for.

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Your friend would need to carry some of your ID. If your Glasto pic is of you clean shaven get your friend to grow a beard, a couple of weeks of stubble can make a difference, same is true in reverse. 

As long as your friend is prepared for it to be a wasted journey what have you got to lose.

Must be a big freelance job to make it worth missing glasto for.

yeah it's pretty huge, would be filming in Hong Kong & in the states so feels stupid to turn it down! I looked at going for just Weds-Sat morning but doesn't seem possible due to the potential flights.

Cheers for the advice (& @eFestivals too!), I think i'll just give him the ticket for free alongside my drivers license, and if he gets in then great, if not then at least we tried

12 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Can't believe people are still considering doing this after the security update. 

There are people who will try anything to get in to Glastonbury, security update or no security update. In fact, in many previous years, there were certain members of security who you could pay to get you in to the place that they were being paid to keep you out of. Let's face it, they are on a crap wage, and there's a queue of people each offering them £200+ in cash to get them in. It's a no brainer that some security will buckle under a temptation like that. Security might be tighter this year, but if I had to bet on it, I'd say they'll still be some security that will be on the take.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy two tickets from anyone who can't use theirs. I missed out on the first sale and re-sale but I am absolutely desperate to go and am willing to take a risk of buying a couple of tickets and taking my chances with security. If you or anyone you know has tickets, please let me know and we can try to figure out a way of making the exchange. 

Thanks.

I think security may be tighter this year so it may be more difficult.... I've only been in once on someone else's ticket but found if you use crazy make up / glitter etc... it makes it difficult for the stewards to tell if you're the person on the ticket or not.... that's coming from a blonde white girl who went in on a brunette oriental girls ticket haha! 

13 hours ago, Cath-T said:

I think security may be tighter this year so it may be more difficult.... I've only been in once on someone else's ticket but found if you use crazy make up / glitter etc... it makes it difficult for the stewards to tell if you're the person on the ticket or not.... that's coming from a blonde white girl who went in on a brunette oriental girls ticket haha! 

the more difficult you make it, the more likely they will escalate you for more detailed checks. They aren't just going to go 'ah fuck it, go on in'