Songs that give you a Glastonbury feeling

Simpo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pulp sorted for e's and wizz (of course) but also pulling teeth by green day, purely because I found myself listening to it whilst driving to see my boyfriend straight after managing to get tickets for the first time in the 2015 resale (after trying every time since 2011, and previously being too young for my parents to let me go) was a beautiful evening and was just soo full of excitement  

I'll be sharing the youtube playlist with these in, along with my own selections. B)

Does anybody apart from me have any they associate with the feeling of Glastonbury, without necessarily having heard it on the farm?

Haven't been since celebrating my 18th and 19th Birthdays there in the late nineties and can't wait to be back on the farm this year but still have amazing memories of - 

Embrace - All You Good Good People ('98)

Gomez - Get Myself Arrested ('98)

Ash - Girl From Mars ('99)

21 minutes ago, mario man said:

Big Sur by The Thrills always makes me think of glasto - which is crazy because I've never even seen them at glasto or live anywhere else! Just one of those songs I suppose 

I was thinking about them as well, Big Sur and Santa Cruz remind me of Glasto 2005. they opened the Pyramid after the deluge of the night before and floods and after a few cancellations earlier in the day. We were all wondering if it was ever going to start, and they then come on and accounced "Hello, were the Thrills.." And that started a cracking weekend of music

Not really a typical "Glastonbury" song and far from a classic. 

I went to see MGMT in 2014 and during the walk back it got REALLY busy so we just went into a tent. Turns out it was BBC Introducing and Sigma was on. At the time I didn't really know who they were but literally as soon as we walked in "Somebody To Love" came on. Just reminds me of myself and my 2 friends being in there and being amazed at how good the timing was.#

Other than that I think it was probably Fire by Kasabian as someone else said. I was never a massive fan but the crowd for that gig seemed awesome.

These songs never fail to take me right back;

Caribou - Can't do without you

Hot Chip - Over and over

Stevie Wonder - Superstition 

Massive Attack - Unfinished sympathy

LCD Soundsystem - All my friends

CCR - heard it through the grapevine (probably one of my favourite Glasto moments.  Craig Charles in Arcadia on a very wet and soggy afternoon in 2014 I think?, it had been pissing it down relentlessly, the crowd were still trying to funk their way through it.  I was focusing on a small patch of clear sky in the distance, willing it over to banish the rain.  This tune came on, with each bar the bass built up and that patch of blue inched itself closer and then in one beautiful moment, that wonderful patch of clear sky opened up, swallowing the rain and bathing us in glorious sunshine.  The music seemed 10 times louder as it kicked in.  The crowd went wild, abandoning their waterproofs and dancing their hearts out.  It was pure bliss

This sums up why I love the place so much, sheeting it down with rain, but yet you can have one of the most enjoyable 10 minutes ever, absolutely love this video, nooone gives a shit and everyone just having a cracking time in a monsoon, This song always reminds me of one of the most fun few minutes I've had at the farm. They will be there again this year, albeit it in tent. Enjoy!

Edited by dingbat2