When do queues start forming on Wednesday?

Markaloosa

2 hours ago, Markaloosa said:

Hello! 

This is my third time at Glastonbury but first time driving :wacko:!

What time do the queues start forming in the morning?

Sleeping in my car fills me with dread so the current plan is to wake up for a 3am drive and park up at 6am. 

What time do queues start forming on Wednesday? Tuesday...

It was the case that the car parks opened on Tuesday lunchtime but now they open strictly at nine pm. Expect queues to form all night and be prepared for lack of sleep. The queues move periodically usually every hour so you have be on your toes which means its difficult to sleep. It gets cold too and so far every year since the car-parks opened on Tuesdays its been dry. God only knows what to expect if it pours down all night on he Tuesday/Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, freakifrank said:

Absolutely no queues at pedestrians gate A at 8 am last year. Thought I was in a parallel universe ,walked straight in after usual security checks for the first time ever.

Did they let people in early? Even so, that makes very little sense, with coaches arriving every few minutes.

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Did they let people in early? Even so, that makes very little sense, with coaches arriving every few minutes.

Yeah, I can't remember exactly how early they opened, but I think it was some time before 7am.

It's not unprecedented for them to open a few minutes early, I know that in 2013 I was in and halfway towards Kidney Mead by the time 8am hit. But I think last year was probably the earliest of the lot.

Wow! Charm, that queue is crazy! I had Gate D in my sights but not so sure I have enough cider to get me through it!

I must admit I always thought Gate A was strictly coaches, maybe others have that perception also? Last two times I came by coach it's been super clear. 

Coaches and shuttles from the train station and drop off, yeah. But Gate A is a pedestrian gate so I suppose you could always walk up to it and that would be fine. I can't imagine anyone does, though. Seems to be the case that the queue is very long just before gates open, but then clears remarkably quickly (searches notwithstanding), so you could turn up late morning and walk on through.

I tend to arrive very early, around 5am, but I enjoy the waiting. It's exciting, and great to walk through a largely empty site with your choice of field.

30 minutes ago, Markaloosa said:

Wow! Charm, that queue is crazy! I had Gate D in my sights but not so sure I have enough cider to get me through it!

I must admit I always thought Gate A was strictly coaches, maybe others have that perception also? Last two times I came by coach it's been super clear. 

It's ok really, everyone is buzzing and the time passes pretty quickly, makes it a bit easier to just take the tent in the first time then come back for the rest after pitching up. 

Charm x