Glastonbury Posters

shepnic

It always amazes me that I can't find a poster for every Glastonbury Festival that I've attended. Last year I took a mate and bought him the poster so he could reminisce. It's now framed in his room. It made me wonder why there isn't a poster per year, in a consistent format but with designs/typography that reflects that time. 

Personally, I'd love to have one for each I've been to and then frame them all. Even better if they were printed using the Heidelberg press.

• 11 months later...

I don’t suppose anybody bought the 2016 poster from the official site store and haven’t used it and would sell to me (or rather, a friend who is missing it and I’m asking on his behalf)?

(they’re sold out and no reprint planned)

Edited by GlastoEls

5 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

26 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd love a 1998. My first year but can't fin it anywhere. 

I guess it's a case of where your stance on provenance and where your moral compass kicks in. I mean to say, hypothetically speaking, you could just cut and paste the poster you require, and send it to a half decent printing company stating what measurements and paper etc that you require a copy in, and hey presto, you've got what you wanted. However, I accept that that will only be a visual representation that you will have, and will, most probably, not have come from the same printing works, and will certainly not be of the initial print run, should it be the same company. Decisions, decisions.

I know that copying stuff is legally considered naughty, but if GFL and the various artists that work within it's umbrella want to continue to represent the modern day Zeitgeist, then they are going to have to voluntarily accept burning, ripping, copying etc. If it's just the money that they are after, then it's another case entirely. Who knows what the truth is?