Disabled access

eastynh

Right then peeps, I received my little package and car parking sticker for disabled access yesterday.

Does anyone else have experience of using the disabled facilities on here?

I am a bit unsure of how it works. I presume that I will enter the yellow car park and then head for a rendezvous point for people with disabled access. Does it take longer to enter the festival this way? Would it be possible for me to enter the festival with my friends, set up and then go to the rendezvous point to get the stuff required for the cut throughs, disabled toilets and facilities on the disabled campsite? Although I am planning to camp with friends, I do wish to use the disabled campsite facilities.

Also if I have to initially go to the rendezvous point, what are the queues like? Do they move quicker than the normal queues?

Sorry for so many questions.

44 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Right then peeps, I received my little package and car parking sticker for disabled access yesterday.

Does anyone else have experience of using the disabled facilities on here?

I am a bit unsure of how it works. I presume that I will enter the yellow car park and then head for a rendezvous point for people with disabled access. Does it take longer to enter the festival this way? Would it be possible for me to enter the festival with my friends, set up and then go to the rendezvous point to get the stuff required for the cut throughs, disabled toilets and facilities on the disabled campsite? Although I am planning to camp with friends, I do wish to use the disabled campsite facilities.

Also if I have to initially go to the rendezvous point, what are the queues like? Do they move quicker than the normal queues?

Sorry for so many questions.

Hi, at the rendezvous point you are given your band for disabled campsite/toilet access. You can then get the shuttle bus to the campsite or walk through the main gate with your pass out.

In 2015 it took just over an hour or so to get through the disabled queue from around 8 am. Our friends who were using the coach gate got through quite a bit quicker. There was no queue in 2016 as our coach arrived later (around 5pm).

I would imagine it would be possible for you to go through the gate as normal and set up your stuff and then get a pass out to the disabled point later in the day when it is quieter if you are worried about queues.

Hi, the yellow car park is pretty small, so once you park up you'll see a little white tent/gazebo thing which will probably have a small queue next to it as people will already be waiting to get going. Only the disabled person and PA will be able to enter this way, other friends in the group will need to enter the site via gate A (which is the nearest regular gate). The disabled person will be given wristbands for them to hand to any friends camping with them, if I remember rightly. 

As Abbey said, you can then either get the shuttle bus to the campsite or make your own way there. 

28 minutes ago, alibear said:

Hi, the yellow car park is pretty small, so once you park up you'll see a little white tent/gazebo thing which will probably have a small queue next to it as people will already be waiting to get going. Only the disabled person and PA will be able to enter this way, other friends in the group will need to enter the site via gate A (which is the nearest regular gate). The disabled person will be given wristbands for them to hand to any friends camping with them, if I remember rightly. 

As Abbey said, you can then either get the shuttle bus to the campsite or make your own way there. 

Cheers Ali.

There are 6 of us going so I think that rules us out of camping in the disabled area (think only 4 people are allowed) That's why I am looking at Darble and Pylon for camping. 

Are there showers in the disabled camping areas? I am still going through a flare up and my symptoms are not getting any better. I can't rule out the prospect of needing a shower at some point. 

The disabled parking and toilets are a real help though. Being able to leave the site if needs be and then returning to same car park will make my trip so much more enjoyable (little things make a world of difference).

I am really excited if a little a aprehensive about what is to come.

Yes there are showers in the disabled camping area. There's normally about four of them. There isn't normally a queue for them except between about 8-10 in the morning. 

We have arrived 2ish on the Wednesday the last few years and there hasn't been any queue getting your wristband but if you then need to use the bus to the Spring ground there is normally a 30/45 minute wait.

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

Cheers Ali.

There are 6 of us going so I think that rules us out of camping in the disabled area (think only 4 people are allowed) That's why I am looking at Darble and Pylon for camping. 

Are there showers in the disabled camping areas? I am still going through a flare up and my symptoms are not getting any better. I can't rule out the prospect of needing a shower at some point. 

The disabled parking and toilets are a real help though. Being able to leave the site if needs be and then returning to same car park will make my trip so much more enjoyable (little things make a world of difference).

I am really excited if a little a aprehensive about what is to come.

Ah, so are you not actually camping in spring ground? There's an area directly behind the disabled site which doesn't usually get too full; I guess it'll be classed as the bottom of Hitchin Hill? That'll be a much closer walk to the showers for you if that's the main reason you'll be using the facilities? The disabled loos dotted around the site are also a godsend if you'll be using them - much cleaner and a lot more space which I'm guessing may help you. They're padlocked but you'll be given the code on arrival.

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

How busy does it get on Spring Ground camping? 

We can't arrive until Thursday so if it's going to be rammed we might just head to Wicket Ground. 

I'm pretty sure they only accept as many people as the site can fit, so I'm sure you'll be fine. You just might not get a preferred spot... it might be a bit roomier this year as the amount of people allowed to camp with the disabled person has been cut from 4 to 3. 

11 hours ago, alibear said:

I'm pretty sure they only accept as many people as the site can fit, so I'm sure you'll be fine. You just might not get a preferred spot... it might be a bit roomier this year as the amount of people allowed to camp with the disabled person has been cut from 4 to 3. 

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it

hello from another spring grounder! first time in this campsite last year. we hardly had any queuing, it was a short wait to get wristbands and then another fairly short walk to get in an sorted think through pedestrian gate A although if you have mobility problems you have access to the bus from the arrivals tent. was such a great experience, everyone was so nice and supportive.