In two weeks time i'll be...

JoeyT

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the last few mins of Future Islands, before having a chill outside, then a bimble though the Woods and heading down to the Pyrmaid for the Oxford lads. Might have a brew at the Mandela Bar if queue not too mad

Edited by dingbat2

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Watching the last few mins of Future Islands, before having a chill outside, then a bimble though the Woods and heading down to the Pyrmaid for the Oxford lads. Might have a brew at the Mandela Bar if queue not too mad

I will be following except stopping at the cider bus rather than Mandela for pre-headliner refreshments 

30 minutes ago, mario man said:

I will be following except stopping at the cider bus rather than Mandela for pre-headliner refreshments 

I gave that some thought but I am not a big cider fan other than from the Brothers Bar. Much easier to get a decent spot at The Pyramid coming in from the left than the right so Cider Bus is the better place logistically

....so I'll see in two weeks!

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Waiting front and centre at the Pyramid to watch my favourite ever band :D stoked isn't even the half of it.

And probably pretty damn gillespied to boot.

See I have it in my head that I can't go too crazy on Friday. I really want to remember this set. 

I'm sure it'll all go tits up and I'll be buzzing my tits off but the thought is at least there! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

See I have it in my head that I can't go too crazy on Friday. I really want to remember this set. 

I'm sure it'll all go tits up and I'll be buzzing my tits off but the thought is at least there! 

Yeah I'm really in a bind over wanting to be in a joyous 'enlightened' state for Radiohead but also not wanting to forget the entire thing. Might do my best to lay off the booze a little and rely more on the other stuff which doesn't seem to affect my memory so much. Easier said than done mind - always get caught up in the moment. If I wake up Saturday morning and the last thing I remember is them walking on stage I'll be so pissed :lol:

On 2017-6-8 at 8:23 AM, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Stepping over guide ropes with shoelaces dragging, damp toilet roll in hand, rotten breath, dew on the grass, croaky hello to sore eyed strangers, chatter at low volume, the distant scent of cheap breakfasts, a patient queue, no cup for the compost, wondering who else will be up and smiling when I return.

Beautiful! You totally captured that early morning at Glastonbury feeling. I actually really enjoy getting up to buy a coffee and head back to my tent before the campsite swings to life.

Two weeks time now though I'll be watching fucking Radiohead :)

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I'm really in a bind over wanting to be in a joyous 'enlightened' state for Radiohead but also not wanting to forget the entire thing. Might do my best to lay off the booze a little and rely more on the other stuff which doesn't seem to affect my memory so much. Easier said than done mind - always get caught up in the moment. If I wake up Saturday morning and the last thing I remember is them walking on stage I'll be so pissed :lol:

Yeah I think that's the best plan of attack. Save the drinking for after Radiohead, other stuff during. 

Man I can't wait for this, it's 2 weeks today! :D