In two weeks time i'll be...

JoeyT

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be clock watching to get out of work! Then last minute boot camp session (just to make sure I start achey in the muscles then it won't be such a shock wednesday after carrying stuff), grab my kit and bus it over to Crystal Palace to have a few drinks with the group and pack the cars - ready for leaving at 4am! Eeeeeee!

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

We'll be 20 minutes from Southampton on train from Glasgow (via Wolverhampton). Then it's check in hotel -> Asda for supplies -> pub crawl of the local real / craft ale pubs -> try to get some sleep.

I hope you did Tickety Split on that journey. Splitting at Wolvo saves a packet, usually.

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

She loved it! She's only 15 and goes gigs alone all the time so I'm glad recent events haven't put her off enjoying herself

Excellent - I'm glad she's enjoying herself and I'm sure they'll be lots of other 15 year old girls popping off to gigs and enjoying themselves too :) 

1 minute ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

I hope you did Tickety Split on that journey. Splitting at Wolvo saves a packet, usually.

We did on the way back, thanks. Southampton to Oxford, Oxford to Wolverhampton but it's the same train and even the same seats. The train from Wolverhampton to Glasgow is a separate train.

Struggling to keep it together at work, then calmness personified whilst being a taxi for kids in the evening. Repeat for Wednesday - then 4am taxi to the O2 for early Thursday pick up.

Trying to decide whether cracking open a beer at 6am when the coach pulls away is the done thing these days - not done the coach for a while!

3 minutes ago, mario man said:

Struggling to keep it together at work, then calmness personified whilst being a taxi for kids in the evening. Repeat for Wednesday - then 4am taxi to the O2 for early Thursday pick up.

Trying to decide whether cracking open a beer at 6am when the coach pulls away is the done thing these days - not done the coach for a while!

Yep! I usually have a can of cider whilst waiting - doesn't matter the time! 

Enjoying my 2nd day on site with Fest Staff having hopefully met some great new people. I think I have training on the Tuesday after the staff meeting in the morning so I'm not really sure what I'll be doing after that but i know that I'm bloody excited!

At my desk 'working', counting down when I can put my out of office on, get home, hopefully get a good nights sleep (which I doubt as I'm always like a kid on Christmas Eve the day prior to leaving for the farm!)

2 weeks and counting woohoo!! 

.....practicing carrying two tents and my overnight gear.

Somehow, as I'm on a Wednesday coach, I've got the job of setting up tents for 5 people before the others arrive Thursday and Friday. So if you see a 63 year old guy battling in the wind and rain with two tents flapping around his ears, it would be great if you could stop to give me a hand

...flying down from Glasgow.

Although technically I'll be leaving my place in Devon on the Sunday, I have to drop all my gear off with friends in Bristol who are working from that night. Then I have to get on a flight to Glasgow from Bristol, spend two days there (work commitments) then fly back, go to my hotel in Taunton on the Tuesday night ready to catch the coach the following morning