Wristband for Campervan areas

Nia Wagenaar

We have a campervan pass for this year - bringing our children age 10, 11 and 12 too - what do you need to gain access to and from the main areas to the campervan fields - can anybody come in ? Do you need a seperate wristband or pass? Kids don't get wristbands so how does that work? Do you get a general pass out which lasts the whole festival which you can use to go anywhere outside of the main areas? Any help with this would be appreciated!

^ what matt said.

when you leave the main site, you show your ticket AND wristband, you are then given a passout ticket.

when you re-enter, you need to show your wristband AND main ticket AND the passout, so take care of them all when off site. They will take the passout from you on re-entry. You get given another the next time you leave the site.

Edited by paulshane

12 minutes ago, paulshane said:

^ what matt said.

when you leave the main site, you show your ticket AND wristband, you are then given a passout ticket.

when you re-enter, you need to show your wristband AND main ticket AND the passout, so take care of them all when off site. They will take the passout from you on re-entry. You get given another the next time you leave the site.

So each time you come in and out of the main site you have to show ticket, wristband and pass out ticket - that seems to be a bit OTT - kids don't have any of those!

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

yes, it's been like that for years.

Thank you for the info - what's the point of the wristband - in other festivals you get a campervan wristband & that's it! You have to have one to get into the campervan fields..........

Edited by Nia Wagenaar

Agreed with above.

Just to add, should you lose either your wristband, pass ticket or your festival ticket, you'll be waiting a long time to get a replacement. Keep them all safe.

It gets very busy entering and leaving the festival site at certain times due to each person having their wristband checked, ticket checked and your face matched against it and passout ticket taken/given. 

It's a shame there isn't another method.

1 minute ago, shepnic said:

Agreed with above.

Just to add, should you lose either your wristband, pass ticket or your festival ticket, you'll be waiting a long time to get a replacement. Keep them all safe.

It gets very busy entering and leaving the festival site at certain times due to each person having their wristband checked, ticket checked and your face matched against it and passout ticket taken/given. 

It's a shame there isn't another method.

I assume if you are in the main camping areas you don't go through this every day you just stay on site?

1 minute ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

I assume if you are in the main camping areas you don't go through this every day you just stay on site?

correct, if you stay on site, you won't need to show anything.

it's only leaving and re-entering that has the additional checks.

I guess they do the paper passout as it's cheaper than making x amount of camper wristbands, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

Thank you for the info - what's the point of the wristband - in other festivals you get a campervan wristband & that's it! You have to have one to get into the campervan fields..........

glasto needs heightened security methods, because of the numbers of people who would otherwise try to subvert them to get in free.

It's a system that's been arrived at via necessity, and which works well.

2 hours ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

The campervan fields get walked through on the way to the Pedestrian Gate so couldnt do a seperate writsband (certainly for CV East - and suspect CW West is too small to do something else.

It works well.

just a quick point for the OP...If your older children look as if they could be 13,  carry some ID for them..

We got caught a few times going back in when gate staff didn't believe our then 11 year old was 12 or under, and had supervisors called across to check..

The following year we carried his passport to avoid the arguments at the gate, but this can set your day off on a bad note.We then simply put his passport in the lockups for the day immediately inside the gate..

5 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

just a quick point for the OP...If your older children look as if they could be 13,  carry some ID for them..

We got caught a few times going back in when gate staff didn't believe our then 11 year old was 12 or under, and had supervisors called across to check..

The following year we carried his passport to avoid the arguments at the gate, but this can set your day off on a bad note.We then simply put his passport in the lockups for the day immediately inside the gate..

Both my 11 and 12 year old look older than their ages so added stress......I am beginning to think I might use the bell tent & stay in regular camping!

21 minutes ago, Nia Wagenaar said:

Both my 11 and 12 year old look older than their ages so added stress......I am beginning to think I might use the bell tent & stay in regular camping!

Have you managed to get a ticket?

Both my 11 and 12 year old look older than their ages so added stress......I am beginning to think I might use the bell tent & stay in regular camping!, 

Its not really any hassle. We bring a bag down with us every day from the camper, with hoodies , etc for the evening, and then stick the bag in the lockups along with our tickets,ID, spare monies, and collect it on the way out in the evening...Saves us worrying about losing tickets, etc during the day, and the backup money in the bag has come in handy too :)

Edited by BeddyDriver

3 hours ago, justperfect said:

Whatever you do don't loose that pass out ticket or you'll be spending an hour in the portocabin of doom answering all sorts of questions that you can't remember the answers to.

I found this out a few years ago

Can you remember the general gist of the questions?   I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I lose mine following a few too many cocktails!

36 minutes ago, MrMac said:

Can you remember the general gist of the questions?   I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I lose mine following a few too many cocktails!

Just the general email address,postcode lead bookers inside leg measurements, grandmothers maiden name......

9 minutes ago, justperfect said:

Just the general email address,postcode lead bookers inside leg measurements, grandmothers maiden name......

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Some standard quadratic equations I think

If it's just ax2+bx+c = 0 stuff I'll be ok once the hangover's passed (but before becoming re-Gillespied)

It is to do with re-entry.

I would guess (I could be wrong here) that Worth View only has an entrance to the Worth View carpark, which is only accessible to Worth View people.

Campervan East has the lane running through it, as well as a number of other entry points.  People using gate C from the carparks can and do pass through campervan east.

So, if it was wristband only, as a general punter you take yours off inside, spend the festival without a band, and someone takes it outside to a friend to get in.

Ok, so now it is "check the ticket" against the wrist band.  Now, you'd be relying on the gate staff for the above option - but that might not be a catch-all if your mate happens to resemble you, and the gate staff take you to be a re-entering punter.

So, you now have the wristband, ticket and a "pass-out" card.  You only get one pass-out card per person.  So, even if you had a mate who looked like you outside, who took your wristband, he'd be missing the passout.  Hence the questions.  Or, the person taking the wristband & ticket outside gives them all and their pass-out to the friend coming in - but then they are without one, and have to face the questions.  As a legit punter, they'll probably get back in, but as I understand it the whole process is set out to discourage this (hence why it probably takes the hours that it does, and the questions etc).  Plus, that person going out would only really be able to do that once without being looked at harder the second time.

It is designed to make it very hard to get someone in who doesn't have their own ticket.

22 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I think they need WV wristband and pass out and ticket to get into the festival. I may be wrong but sure @Pinhead has said he's worked on the gate and some of the more self-entitled up there (and I'm not saying that that's everyone before that argument rages again) always complained when they'd left it at the tent. 

Unless that was the gates from the really expensive options? 

That's what we were checking back in 2011 when I last did Pennard Hill Gate (to and from WV). May have changed since however.