New security measures in place

brettredmayne

Aside from the obvious, there are some positives from this.  It will take longer for the campsites to fill up, so there might be a better chance of getting a decent space.

I don't know about you guys, but I've always  gone to a bit of effort to ensure what ever naughty things I have, are concealed enough to withstand a search.  Just make sure you don't have wires poking out of your bag, security get a bit jumpy over things like that.

The queues on wednesday are going to be epic though. That will be a mission and a half

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, barkley87 said:

' I'm guessing that includes fixing stuff to trolleys with pallet wrap? I

I think so. I'm guessing they'll remove it to do a search, making getting on site a real challenge. 

Selfishly, I'm hoping the non-trolley line is clearly separate....

Would they ask you to unpack your tent? Bloody things a nightmare to put away. Now previously been the safest place to store things because they have never in all the years asked people to unpack a tent. That I have seen that is. 

Stupid world :(

♡♡♡

Just now, Titters said:

I think so. I'm guessing they'll remove it to do a search, making getting on site a real challenge. 

Selfishly, I'm hoping the non-trolley line is clearly separate....

That's fair enough. Bungee straps it is! Or I might try and fit it all in my rucksack. We just need to be creative!

do we think this will be pretty rigorous, as in, literally everything out of your rucksacks, tents unpacked, crate boxes opened? suppose thats the only way for it to be properly effective.

not gonna pretend the thought of a complete unpacking and repacking isn't giving me the jitters but obviously, at this point, i wouldn't expect anything less. will put 200,000 at ease :)

4 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Just make sure you don't have wires poking out of your bag, security get a bit jumpy over things like that.

So those of us taking lots of lights and battery packs for outfits would probably be better having them extra visible on the way in to make it clear what they are for.

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

So those of us taking lots of lights and battery packs for outfits would probably be better having them extra visible on the way in to make it clear what they are for.

that would be a good idea. However whatever you do, don't strap them to your jacket. 

hmm not quite sure how a separate queue for trollies will work in practical terms, will it be segregated, and how far back will the segregation go? once the trolly queue has backed up to the end of the segregated zone, what happens?

I wonder what the search rate has been the last few years, like out of 100 people how many people are searched  - at peak time - 5%?

Even if that increased to 20% there shouldn't be an increase in queueing time?

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

This post is the definition of Glastonbury. Bravo 

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

that would be a good idea. However whatever you do, don't strap them to your jacket. 

They already are. But the light up hoodies are fairly obvious. I'll put all my batteries and cables together in my little day bag. 

4 minutes ago, benc said:

I wonder what the search rate has been the last few years, like out of 100 people how many people are searched  - at peak time - 5%?

Even if that increased to 20% there shouldn't be an increase in queueing time?

What if it's 100%? The website does say all ticket holders.

24 minutes ago, andyhh said:

I'm trying to work out how long that would take...is that even possible?

Yes it is possible they search all bags at download on the way into the campsite and when entering the arena

or they did when I was lat there a couple of years ago

As a mostly Thursday arrival I get these full on searches every year anyway. On the way in and inside the festival on one occasion. It's everything out of the rucksack and onto the table. Pants too. I save my worst worn out pants for festivals too.  Oh the humanity.

Not gonna get mad about this in our ever more wrong new world though.  Glad they're officially announcing it too.