New security measures in place

brettredmayne

if they remove your aerosols but then they can be bought onsite then this is ridiculous... an updated banned list should have been produced earlier ... other items being confiscated that aren't on the banned list should be returned to the car without having to go through a queue or kept and labelled until returning home or it's just plain stealing IMO .. ON FB lots of aerosols being removed and a few portable gas canisters as well... madness ...should be all or nothing not selective 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need all this stuff, it's a music festival,the music is supplied,you don't need to bring your own speakers. Just need your tent,sleeping bag, change of clothes,torch,simple toiletries oh and few bin bags. Life is so complicated these days.

if you're arriving on coach you can't take things back to the car, you will lose them plain and simple.  could end up costing a lot of money... .I am hoping that it calms down/some more info is provided.

My brother is insisting on taking his laptop so he can work while at Glasto (I'm making him use the lockups!!). I've heard of people being made to take radios back to the car because of the new security checks. Do you think they'll do that for his laptop too?

2 hours ago, babyblade41 said:

if they remove your aerosols but then they can be bought onsite then this is ridiculous...  

No different to how you'll have them confiscated at airport security but can then buy them in duty free 30 seconds after you've got through the gate. Ridiculous but that's just how it is.

Edited by Zac Quinn

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

No different to how you'll have them confiscated at airport security but can then buy them in duty free 30 seconds after you've got through the gate. Ridiculous but that's just how it is.

I know but they can go in your suitcase can't they... just a bit OTT for me... if someone has gone to the trouble of getting a ticket, and if their intention is a massive terrorist attack I'm not sure what  they are going to do with an aerosol and pen knife ... death by odour more likely 

58 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I honestly think a lot of the stuff on twitter is scare mongering or people just wanting hits. Why on earth would they confiscate deodorant FFS it's bonkers. They won't be getting my deodorant 

for the sake of people stood next to me I hope they let me keep mine...eeeeewwwwww :bad:

Just now, babyblade41 said:

for the sake of people stood next to me I hope they let me keep mine...eeeeewwwwww :bad:

If mine gets confiscated I'll I'll find the fucker that confiscated it on Sunday before I leave and rub his face in my armpit. See what he thinks of that.

4 hours ago, DR OK said:

Can't just be me who thinks it's a little unwise to be live posting about the festival's security arrangements?

I've said this all along, some people are thick as shit.... they are here to protect us, stop moaning lol....security is tight, police and dogs . End of story

Wow. Not sure what to say. I've just spent 15 minutes arguing with the guys checking tickets that I'm me. Ok I've put on a stone but I'm clearly me on my ticket. 

My gf had to show them a pic of my drivers license (which i luckily sent her Monday) for them to let me in. 

Anyhoo I'm in and that's all that matters. 

9 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Wow. Not sure what to say. I've just spent 15 minutes arguing with the guys checking tickets that I'm me. Ok I've put on a stone but I'm clearly me on my ticket. 

My gf had to show them a pic of my drivers license (which i luckily sent her Monday) for them to let me in. 

Anyhoo I'm in and that's all that matters. 

wow scary , wonder how many people that happens to ??

17 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I wonder too. Can't see it being many but still, wtf?!!

It's fine, I'm over it already. Plotted up in front of the other stage drinking a nice cold beer. 

excellent.. I am only taking my DL and that looks nothing like me ... hope no one else has to go through this... cheers and bottoms up