New security measures in place

brettredmayne

5 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Yay. A fellow carrier bag nerd.

Enjoy your festival safe in the knowledge that the ciggie lighter hasn't gone far and must be in one of three carrier bags. Wonderful invention 

Love a good carrier bag.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did ask this is another thread but thought I'd put it in here too. Apparently security have been seen taking someone's wireless speaker. Never had a problem with it before but with increased security do you think it's worth taking the risk and having it taken off me? Anyone else taking one?

18 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This isnt really about new security measures as such... But I'm coming by coach and have spectacualrly failed to pack light. Has anyone had some of their stuff not allowed on the bus, just because they had too much? 

Nope. The luggage almost always fills up long before the seats are full. 

5 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I did ask this is another thread but thought I'd put it in here too. Apparently security have been seen taking someone's wireless speaker. Never had a problem with it before but with increased security do you think it's worth taking the risk and having it taken off me? Anyone else taking one?

You know there will be music at the festival?

1 minute ago, bsolxiv said:

You know there will be music at the festival?

Knew I'd opened myself up to that ha! Nothing wrong with a bit of music when sat around camp having a few beers. Only really use it for an hour or so on the Wednesday and Thursday but would be nice to still have it.

1 minute ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

I'm taking a mahogany-chested, windup grammophone and I'll be damned if security think they're taking that off me after I've humped it a mile over the fields in the heat. I'll get my granny onto them and she's a black belt in karma sutra.

Unfortunately I've run out of upvotes but I approve of this comment :lol:

26 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Nah never an issue, I've seen people take multiple trolleys with crates of beer taped to them, but is at the discretion of the driver I guess.

13 minutes ago, fowls said:

Nope. The luggage almost always fills up long before the seats are full. 

Good to know! Now all I have to do is worrying about carrying it :-D I also haven't packed everything in individual plastic bags, so that's gonna be fun...aint no way I'm unpacking it all again now though...haha

Right, I'm off to bed, as the alarm is set for 3.30am :D

GLASTONBURY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!! :danced:

Just now, elbongo said:

I seriously think a message needs to be sent to Glasto Ltd or whatever stating what ridiculous shit is going on. Not the searches but what's been taken or whatever. It's OTT 

absolutely just what I was thinking ... before it gets ridiculous tomorrow ...any twitter experts on here ?

2 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Dumping tents and selling on tix at inflated prices. Not exactly popular ethics round these parts. 

Nothing mentioned at selling at inflated prices, Both tickets sold for each £100, which they were happy with. as for ethics, ive never been into any of that shit, only ever went to Glastonbury for music,that was enough for us,i do understand lots go for the hippy stuff, thats ok, but it has never been of interest to us, everyone to his own.  The tents were absolutley knackered, we took them down and dumped them by by stewards on way out. they were ok with this