New security measures in place

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, Gommy said:

Has there been any comment on this statement from the e-mail:-

'There will, however, be no entertainment or facilities in the car parks and Festival goers will be expected to remain in their cars until the Festival gates open.'

If this is true this would be somewhat of a departure from previous years - queuing at the gates overnight once in the carpark.

Its always said this Gommy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

That's very surprising.  It was basically none (considering the amount of people we know are in possession), and then it halved in 2015.  

As a percentage of overall drug busts it's remained pretty constant though. It may well reflect the number of resources available to them, which might bode well for those who are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Gommy said:

Okay thanks, so sort of nonsense then. 

It is good advice though.  My son and I were right at the front of the Gate A queue from midnight-ish.  Friends stayed in their cars.  We were among the first through the gates, they were perhaps 20-30 minutes behind us, having only left their cars and joined the queue about 6ish.  They were considerably drier and less knackered than we were.

It's always said it. This is why there is no queue as such, or official queue. People take it on themselves to get out and start queuing at whatever time they do it. It's not official though and come the morning 10 other queues will appear of people arriving. This leads to people just arriving ending up queuing next to a soft twat who has been there all night.

Trick is that when you arrive have a quick shufty and join the shortest queue, you will get in before most of the idiots that have been there all night.

The car parks are open to get cars off the local roads, that's it. 

2 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It is good advice though.  My son and I were right at the front of the Gate A queue from midnight-ish.  Friends stayed in their cars.  We were among the first through the gates, they were perhaps 20-30 minutes behind us, having only left their cars and joined the queue about 6ish.  They were considerably drier and less knackered than we were.

Good advice that's probably likely to be largely ignored now people have been told by the festival that it's going to take longer to get through the gates. Good advice nonetheless.

As I won't be arriving until Late Thursday evening hopefully the worst of the queues will have died down and the search policy will be clearer. 

I'd rather take the risk of hiding a small amount of gear I know the quality of in my bag than buying god knows what inside the gate. 

I forecast a huge sales spike in Kinder eggs over the festival season - not by me as that's a one-way street as far as I'm concerned....

As for alcohol - I'll be switching from Cider/Beer to Vodka/Rum - less weight/volume and I can buy cold cans of coke to make it much nicer than warm cider/beer.

Edited by Penrhos

22 minutes ago, cazzatron said:

I am going to attempt to carry 26-30 cans (in my backpacker rucksack mind, not on trolleys or crates) or as many as I can fit in with my clothes. This is 30 quid worth! There might be a few drunk on the tuesday night if they can't fit but this is me for the weekend booze wise (+water bottle of vodka :) ). Certainly will only be bringing a little money with me just for food costs as I am skint.

I think there are more people on a budget than you might think, although yes, there are certainly a lot of people doing this.

I bring a sack barrow stacked with Cider and Lager personally.. Not all for myself but a group effort. Then go back and do it again Thursday eve.

I plan on visiting more bars this uear but having my rucksack filled with 5 cans or so is so convenient when walking around.

Sure the Glasto security team/police will have worked out best approach to ensuring public safety. The first line of defence will be vetting of all site entrants. A thing made easier by named attendees and pics. And while extra checks to baggage etc will be necessary ,they will also want to avoid large congregations of public outside the secure area which themselves could be seen as soft terrorist targets.

My group don't take many non-essentials but to help this year I'm thinking of bungee strapping items to sack truck prior to security checks and then shrink wrapping once inside as this is where the terrain gets more challenging.

4 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I forecast a huge sales spike in Kinder eggs over the festival season - not by me as that's a one-way street as far as I'm concerned....

I've just bought some shares in kinder. I plan on arriving at the festival by gold plated helicopter

arsehole full of goodies, natch

9 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I've just bought some shares in kinder. I plan on arriving at the festival by gold plated helicopter

arsehole full of goodies, natch

@russycarps - you do know that the helicopters in the Kinder Eggs are only toys, don't you?! They're nowhere near big enough to fly you to Glastonbury.

Ben

Am I right in thinking that it's the entrance to gate A which is on the webcam?

If so surely those who come in via that gate will be able to see if the set up itself (search area etc) has got bigger in comparison to previous years or is that not viewable?

Just now, JoeyT said:

Am I right in thinking that it's the entrance to gate A which is on the webcam?

If so surely those who come in via that gate will be able to see if the set up itself (search area etc) has got bigger in comparison to previous years or is that not viewable?

Was just looking at that, it looks like the same setup as previous years, they could increase the lanes out the front a bit, but there is not a lot of space there to increase searching capacity too much

A few people have mentioned CV searches - I suspect they will not be too bad - in a way it's probably easier to search a caravan, going through cupboards, wardrobes etc where there is no unpacking involved, than sorting through a pile of stuff packed in rucksacks strapped to a trolley?

I'm making the call to now attend from Thursday onwards.

This could change when i start watching the process on Wednesday morning in the beautiful sunshine and see all the smiling happy people enjoying the extra physical contact of being strip searched in front of the gate!

My group was talking about this the yesterday, and now we're a bit worried since two in our group have 'Muhammad' as their first name on the ticket 

To make things worse, they are not arriving the same time with the others, as we only managed to bag tickets for them on the coach resale. So its gonna be two 'Muhammad', with brown skin, arriving together, and we are aware how that might cause a bit of concern in today's current climate :( 

We're just a bit worried if they are going to have difficulty getting in the festival now due to that...

2 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

My group was talking about this the yesterday, and now we're a bit worried since two in our group have 'Muhammad' as their first name on the ticket 

To make things worse, they are not arriving the same time with the others, as we only managed to bag tickets for them on the coach resale. So its gonna be two 'Muhammad', with brown skin, arriving together, and we are aware how that might cause a bit of concern in today's current climate :( 

We're just a bit worried if they are going to have difficulty getting in the festival now due to that...

No, they'll still get in. Just expect more attention.