3 New Things You're Going To Do This Year

nikkic

There's far too many negative threads going on right now, so can we just get back to talking about happy things?!

So.... What are the 3 things you've never done at Glasto that you're going to do this time around? Mine are....

1. See Hobo Jones and The Junkyard Dogs. Never seen them, going to trundle over to Avalon after Hacienda Classical finishes.

2. Go to the SEC early. Saturday night will be The National then heading over to get in early have a wander/dance when it's a little quieter.

3. Go up the ribbon tower. Unless of course there are massive queues in which case I'll probably sack it off (again).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1: see a band at the Park, just never got round it it since the stage started :)

2: get to the front of a stage for a headliner, already done the main stages, but would like to 'tick off' John Peel, or the Park

3: try the Goan Fish Curry

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

nd the Woods area (last years new area) and Carmageddon (this years new area

I think the Woods debuted the year before last?   I didn't go that year, and then didn't go to the Woods last year, so it's on my list of must-dos this year.  Shame the JP lineup isn't to my taste, it usually is.  It wasn't last year either come to think of it.  Has the JP booking manager changed or something - I used to spend all my time in that tent.  ("Is it me that has changed - no it's the children who are wrong")

1. Miss all three Pyramid headliners for the first time (I love Radiohead but there's other bands clashing)

2. Do a proper pub crawl, for the first time (Bimble, Avalon, and everywhere with real ale)

3. Do my best keeping the festival environmentally friendly with the Worthy Warrior crew

I'm gonna try and check out shangri la on Friday afternoon in daylight. Always end up there late and miss half the artwork as dark and drunk and it's crowded.

gonna go and check out cineramageddon on the Wednesday eve hopefully 

Gonna try and eat out three times a day instead of two. Food at Glasto is one of the best bits so more the merrier. Yum!

1. Set my alarm on my phone so I don't sleep through the the early acts I want to see.

2. Eat all the food I haven't tried before.

3. Much like @mattiosmith, I should probably just enjoy whatever I'm at/doing, rather than thinking the next thing will be better. I generally only do this when I'm pretty smashed, but it means I spend a lot of time rushing around for no real reason.

1. Go to SE corner. I've not managed to do that yet but the plan is to attempt it after Lorde this year. 

2. Get to front for an act. Was at the front for Sunset Sons in 2015, it was easy enough done as it was a small stage. I'd like to try for one of the bigger stages though but don't know how I'll work it as my schedule is pretty jammed mainly.

3. Not miss early acts because I'm too hungover to leave the camp. Biggest regret of last year*

*Actually, biggest regret of last year was going to Coldplay instead of LCD Soundsystem but that was a one off and I will never make such a mistake again. 

11 minutes ago, CiderJames said:

1. Finally make it up the Ribbon Tower

2. Watch a band on the park stage (open to recommendations for Sat).

3. Enjoy a festival without any rain.

Temples are on the Park stage on the Saturday. They are quite neo-psychedelic, similar to Tame Impala. Their new album is class! Shame they probably clash with Liam Gallagher though or they would be a must-see

Edited by Graf21