Campervan ticket for sale!

Patti099

I have a spare Campervan West ticket at face value of £100 if anyone is interested.  In theory the name of the ticket holder on the Campervan Pass should match the name on a full Glasto ticket, but I don't think it is strictly enforced - once you have driven up Stickleball lane they can't really turn you around.  If necessary I would walk up and show them the matching ticket.  

2 hours ago, timbrass said:

I have a spare Campervan West ticket at face value of £100 if anyone is interested.  In theory the name of the ticket holder on the Campervan Pass should match the name on a full Glasto ticket, but I don't think it is strictly enforced - once you have driven up Stickleball lane they can't really turn you around.  If necessary I would walk up and show them the matching ticket.  

Is this feasible?? If so I will definitely have it? As it's our first time I am just a little worried. I'll def have it though 

2 hours ago, timbrass said:

19 minutes ago, Someoni said:

Is this feasible?? If so I will definitely have it? As it's our first time I am just a little worried. I'll def have it though 

The CV ticket has both the name and the registration number of the ticket holder. Given the work that's gone in to reduce touting like the festival tickets, and the prices being made 2 years ago for CV tickets, these tickets will be checked. It's a risk and there is a chance you will be turned away. East definitely does have the method of sending vehicles back off site before entry, so West most likely has too. If the CV ticket holder takes you on site, that will be guaranteed though - arrange that instead.

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

The CV ticket has both the name and the registration number of the ticket holder. Given the work that's gone in to reduce touting like the festival tickets, and the prices being made 2 years ago for CV tickets, these tickets will be checked. It's a risk and there is a chance you will be turned away. East definitely does have the method of sending vehicles back off site before entry, so West most likely has too. If the CV ticket holder takes you on site, that will be guaranteed though - arrange that instead.

Ah thank you so I'd need the nameholder in the car with me on the Tuesday to ensure all is good. I think it needs to be as legit as possible with recent events 

Thanks again 

3 hours ago, Someoni said:

Have sent DM with my phone number.  I can get ticket holder to meet you if necessary.  Also you can pay me afterwards - i.e. if you don't get in then its my loss!  CVW is up Stickleball lane which is a long one way.  They don't check on the main road (would hold up traffic) so any checks are made at the entrance to CVW. 

3 hours ago, Someoni said:

Ah thank you so I'd need the nameholder in the car with me on the Tuesday to ensure all is good. I think it needs to be as legit as possible with recent events 

Thanks again 

Very do-able, providing you have the named ticket holder & CV ticket in the vehicle. We did it last year in East CV, as our friends purchased a CV ticket for us in October, and we didn't get our tickets until the resale. Friend just got into our CV as we approached security.

3 hours ago, timbrass said:

Have sent DM with my phone number.  I can get ticket holder to meet you if necessary.  Also you can pay me afterwards - i.e. if you don't get in then its my loss!  CVW is up Stickleball lane which is a long one way.  They don't check on the main road (would hold up traffic) so any checks are made at the entrance to CVW. 

Awesome I'll give you a call? So if the ticket holder would be willing to jump into our vehicle I'm definitely up for this!!!

3 hours ago, Magic Bus said:

Very do-able, providing you have the named ticket holder & CV ticket in the vehicle. We did it last year in East CV, as our friends purchased a CV ticket for us in October, and we didn't get our tickets until the resale. Friend just got into our CV as we approached security.

Absolutely brilliant. Looks like we will be in CW if the ticket holder is up for this too. Wooooooo thank you !

I checked with a friend who was in CVW last year and their Campervan Ticket did not match anyone in the van and the guy on the gate (up Stickleball lane)  could not care less - all he was interested in was whether you have a Campervan Pass.  The guy feeding traffic up from the main road is only interested in whether you have the sticker.  He just wants to keep traffic moving.  Once you are on the lane up there is no option to turn you around - its one way only!

41 minutes ago, timbrass said:

I checked with a friend who was in CVW last year and their Campervan Ticket did not match anyone in the van and the guy on the gate (up Stickleball lane)  could not care less - all he was interested in was whether you have a Campervan Pass.  The guy feeding traffic up from the main road is only interested in whether you have the sticker.  He just wants to keep traffic moving.  Once you are on the lane up there is no option to turn you around - its one way only!

There is an option to go 'round the block' though - by the side of where they search the vans there is an exit that then leads back to the main roads - a friend had to use it a few years ago - their van ticket hadn;t arrived and they wanted the box office (they had festival tickets) and so queued up with us, and despite having all the mails from see tickets etc, had to go out , find a place to camp overnight (Tuesday) then make their way round to the box office on Wednesday , queue and come back round again - they arrived half way through the day on Wednesday

I can see them refusing someone without a CVW ticket (i'm surprised they were allowed up Stickleball lane from the A361), but I know friends who got into CVW last year with a CVW ticket but no matching ticket.  The guy on the gate simply did not care.    Was anyone with a valid CVW pass refused entry last year?

Don't forget that last year was chaos and so checks were pretty slack. We arrived into Bath & West and they didn't even check we had a camper ticket.

They will be planning for a lot smoother running this year so they could be more on it, especially with the security situation.  

They're not being arses though, they just want to stop touting. A plausible story and a smile could explain away a missing ticket holder.

The ticket holder in the van with you is ideal though :)

Just popping in to ask if there's any likelihood of campervan tickets popping up on seetickets at this late stage. Or has the ship sailed? My son and his friends have just managed to borrow a campervan but had forgotten you needed a separate ticket ...

4 minutes ago, Mackem said:

Just popping in to ask if there's any likelihood of campervan tickets popping up on seetickets at this late stage. Or has the ship sailed? My son and his friends have just managed to borrow a campervan but had forgotten you needed a separate ticket ...

Seems to be a few cve tickets floating about on here, I am after a cvw myself 

13 minutes ago, Someoni said:

Seems to be a few cve tickets floating about on here, I am after a cvw myself 

I wouldn't risk buying someone else's though, myself. I think checking will be really stringent this year. So I'm only looking to buy from See.