Bought an Adult Ticket instead of a Child

OhHellsBells

I bought my two Sons tickets in the resale and in the panic didn't realise there was a box to tick for under 16's and one of them is under 16 (he's 14) Should I contact See Tickets? Would they make the change or would they void the ticket? Or should I chance it? (any help would be appreciated, panicking here!)

6 hours ago, OhHellsBells said:

I bought my two Sons tickets in the resale and in the panic didn't realise there was a box to tick for under 16's and one of them is under 16 (he's 14) Should I contact See Tickets? Would they make the change or would they void the ticket? Or should I chance it? (any help would be appreciated, panicking here!)

Your 14 year old will need a full ticket regardless of the fact that he's under 16. The under 16 thing is that if you are under that age then you have to be accompanied by someone 18 and over.

The website says this;

Everyone aged 13 or over on Wednesday 21st June 2017 (when the Festival starts) planning to come to the Festival, must have registered and bought a full ticket. Children aged 12 and under do not require tickets and do not need to register.

36 minutes ago, OhHellsBells said:

Thank you for the replies. The ticket will say ADULT on it though and as we are in the campervan field he is going to be showing the ticket every day. Do you think the stewards on the gate will pull us? He may well be going in and out on his own?

I doubt that they would pull him as it's his face on the ticket, and all they'll know is that he paid top dollar for the ticket. I certainly wouldn't go down the line of contacting See Tickets on this in case they monumentally fuck up the situation. Just not worth it, but that's just my opinion. I wouldn't even stress about it either.

6 hours ago, OhHellsBells said:

Thank you for the replies. The ticket will say ADULT on it though and as we are in the campervan field he is going to be showing the ticket every day. Do you think the stewards on the gate will pull us? He may well be going in and out on his own?

If/when he's accompanied by you, the ticket thing should make no difference. The absolute worst case scenario then is that a steward gets slightly confused and has to call for a supervisor to check (who'll wave you through).

However regarding the second part - in theory a 14 year shouldn't be going in or out on their own. If the gate staff notice the age and remember the rules he should get stopped from doing so. In reality this is often missed and/or relaxed a bit even with people on Child tickets, so the fact he has an Adult ticket there's a high chance it doesn't get picked up at all.