26 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Twin Atlantic said their set is being streamed at 2 05 I think so I'd guess they'll be the first band shown, Radio 1 might be Mini Mansions or Night Cafe I haven't seen anything about that

Such a shame- Sea Girls were brilliant with a great crowd just then. Hopefully it was still filmed for future iplayer streaming

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Such a shame- Sea Girls were brilliant with a great crowd just then. Hopefully it was still filmed for future iplayer streaming

I'm surprised they didn't want them to be on the stream actually, BBC have always been big supporters for them and they're always great live

38 minutes ago, jump said:

Apparently there's a story making the papers that there were some crowd problems at the silent disco or something. The headlines are  saying "crushings".

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/23/reading-festival-crush-after-stampede-for-silent-disco-10619369/amp/?__twitter_impression=true Thankfully doesn't sound too serious.

37 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Starts at 2pm today (2.25 tomorrow and 2.15 on Sunday) on BBC iplayer. No different than previous years.

This has the people being streamed: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e24mzc/performances#all

Thanks for the link, hoping the link for the live feed is easier to find at 1, than it is right now

3 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Heard a rumour the Foo's will play the entire first album in full at Reading.

Where'd you hear that? And not at Leeds tonight? 

2 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Heard a rumour the Foo's will play the entire first album in full at Reading.

They said they're going to feature that album a lot but I'm not sure I can see them doing it in full. Probably a couple more songs than usual though. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Sea Girls were great weren’t they? Super crowd for a 1pm set too

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

They said they're going to feature that album a lot but I'm not sure I can see them doing it in full. Probably a couple more songs than usual though. 

That's what they did last time they played. Great set.

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Watching Charli XCX miming right now is reminding me why I'm not going for the first time in 17 years...

She ain't miming pal it's a backing track.

Audio from the stream is a bit dodgy though.

8 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

She ain't miming pal it's a backing track.

Audio from the stream is a bit dodgy though.

Which she relied heavily on 😂

She was miming I don’t care, she has done it at other festivals this summer, it’s her not even her song... Turned the stream off after a couple of minutes, poor.

I think it's ridiculous how many acts have dropped out this year. Comethazine and King Princess cancelled last minute as well... 

3 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I think it's ridiculous how many acts have dropped out this year. Comethazine and King Princess cancelled last minute as well... 

King Princess was due to illness tbf

24 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Love Fame Tragedy secret set basically confirmed, maybe the Sunday at Reading on Introducing? 

Screenshot_20190823-161831.jpg

Would make sense, Leeds don't get introducing secret sets am I right in thinking?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Would make sense, Leeds don't get introducing secret sets am I right in thinking?

I think Leeds actually has secret sets on the Introducing stage this year, the only reason I'd say Reading is that they'll be able to film it for iplayer.

Juice Wrld supposedly is a no show. No official cancellation anywhere. Anyone on site know if he's turned up?

Apparently they’re blaming it on his flight there? Pathetic excuse given it was 10 min after he was meant to be on stage. was probably having a hissy fit backstage 

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Juice Wrld supposedly is a no show. No official cancellation anywhere. Anyone on site know if he's turned up?

iplayer says 'at the artists request we can not show you this performance'. They had the same thing up for Clairo. I guess with her it's a case of not wanting to be exposed as an out of their depth artist entirely propped up by bought press. Juice Wrld has apparently claimed it was flight issues. That means he'll be at Leeds (lmao sure sure)

I do feel sorry for the people that go exclusively for the rap part of the festival. They only get a few a day, and then the acts start swerving their obligations, leaving the fans crying into their across the shoulder bum bags.

I remember being disappointed when Jay Z pulled out of Reading and Leeds in 2003. We got a big rapper the next year - 50 Cent - but unfortunately for him he got pelted with chairs, fireworks and a cup of shit.