2019 festival

I can see FR being pretty full for Peace as they probably don't share many fans with Post or TOP. I was thinking it was a shame that they closed it early but I wouldn't mind catching a bit of Mura Masa.

Wombats/Black Honey/Pale Waves clash on the Saturday is so infuriating for me. I don't mind missing PW but wombats and BH were two of the biggest draws for me. Same thing with Circa Waves and Royal Blood. It's most annoying because you've got all of them clashing and then no decent alternative to the 1975. You wouldn't catch me dead at their set and even though I don't mind Dave in small doses I know that no one else in my group will want to watch him. Even more frustrating when you see CHVRCHES and Crystal Fighters clashing with Foos the night before. All I want is a good band for the Saturday night!

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Apologies, I must have missed that.

I would assume someone isn’t allowed to leave the country while on bail in the US but idk.

Yeah that’s probably true. 

I doubt he’d even be replaced at this point, or they’d do something like last year replacing Famous Dex with Bugzy Malone and that whole mess.

I tweeted Dan P Carter trying to get Lotus Eater booked to fill in one of the slots available on The Pit on the Ghostemane day and he replied saying ‘Spots already filled’ so we aren’t just getting seven bands on that day. 

He’s replied again saying that the bands are going to be announced. 

Edited by Andre91

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I tweeted Dan P Carter trying to get Lotus Eater booked to fill in one of the slots available on The Pit on the Ghostemane day and he replied saying ‘Spots already filled’ so we aren’t just getting seven bands on that day. 

Yeah, I saw that.

Though earlier he tweeted that they were ‘changes rather than additions’ which suggests that they will take someone like Counterfeit or someone from the other stages and put them in the Pit.

5 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I saw that.

Though earlier he tweeted that they were ‘changes rather than additions’ which suggests that they will take someone like Counterfeit or someone from the other stages and put them in the Pit.

I’ve just seen that tweet. Counterfeit moving is a good shout. My guess would also be Boston Manor moving over. 

• Upvote 1

Lot of movement in the schedule this year, and there are usually one or two that drop out at the last minute or on the day, so it might not be finished yet.

Meanwhile the maps are out.  Brown camp is on at Leeds, which is welcome news for us, and also suggests it has sold ok.

14 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Bin it off and save the budget for the Pit/Lock-Up and for better rap acts on R1. 

The 1xtra tent is far better attended than The Pit / Lock Up. I would maybe consider checking out other festivals such as 2000 Trees if that’s what you’re looking for. The depth in quality throughout their lineups each year is really great. Slam Dunk is also stronger than ever. 

A couple of years ago I was quite anti R&L for a while because I was annoyed that they don’t cater to rock / metal as much as they used to but then I chilled out a bit and realised that the festival isn’t aimed at me anymore and I’m fine with that. I go to Download and Slam Dunk for that (and hopefully ArcTanGent or Bloodstock next year).  I still love R&L because where else can I watch A Day To Remember, Pale Waves, slowthai, Higher Power, Ghostemane & The Distillers in one weekend? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The 1xtra tent is far better attended than The Pit / Lock Up. I would maybe consider checking out other festivals such as 2000 Trees if that’s what you’re looking for. The depth in quality throughout their lineups each year is really great. Slam Dunk is also stronger than ever. 

A couple of years ago I was quite anti R&L for a while because I was annoyed that they don’t cater to rock / metal as much as they used to but then I chilled out a bit and realised that the festival isn’t aimed at me anymore and I’m fine with that. I go to Download and Slam Dunk for that (and hopefully ArcTanGent or Bloodstock next year).  I still love R&L because where else can I watch A Day To Remember, Pale Waves, slowthai, Higher Power, Ghostemane & The Distillers in one weekend? 

Yeah I'm annoyed I couldn't get to Slam Dunk South this year, something came up last minute which I probably could have gotten away with if they kept Midlands but South wasn't an option.

I did a day at Trees in 2016 and thought it was great, not been fussed on the headliners they've had since for one reason or the other but wouldn't mind getting back soon.

5 hours ago, WFD said:

Lot of movement in the schedule this year, and there are usually one or two that drop out at the last minute or on the day, so it might not be finished yet.

Meanwhile the maps are out.  Brown camp is on at Leeds, which is welcome news for us, and also suggests it has sold ok.

Yh leeds fest has sold over 90'000 tickets this year! 

30 minutes ago, Jess26 said:

I know some staff who are working in the medical tent and they have recently had an email saying they need lots more staff as they have sold 90000 tickets already (this includes day tickets) 

Are they not at Reading? Leeds is a 75,000 capacity site and neither day nor weekend tickets have sold out.

37 minutes ago, Jess26 said:

I know some staff who are working in the medical tent and they have recently had an email saying they need lots more staff as they have sold 90000 tickets already (this includes day tickets) 

To be fair with this - I always get adverts about volunteers for hotbox and others and it says that due to ticket sales they are needing more volunteers due to ticket sales this year. I am guessing we would see something about it but it seems possible that they could raise the capacity at Leeds if the demand is there?