2019 festival

24 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Who are people seeing then? This is how mines shaping up (below).

Bit annoyed PUP and Royal Blood clash, literally nothing I'm that bothered about before Royal Blood that day, so we've ended up picking ones we think will be a laugh 

Might go see Enter Shikari before TSSF

Might see higher power before slowthai as well

Screenshot_20190813-124221_Leeds.jpg

Screenshot_20190813-124027_Leeds.jpg

Screenshot_20190813-124313_Leeds.jpg

You, Me At Six

Royal Blood

Bowling For Soup

Against the Current

Billie Eilish

PVRIS

SASASAS

Andy C

Mayday Parade

Himalayas

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

A Day to Remember

Foo Fighters

44 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Who are people seeing then? This is how mines shaping up (below).

Bit annoyed PUP and Royal Blood clash, literally nothing I'm that bothered about before Royal Blood that day, so we've ended up picking ones we think will be a laugh 

Might go see Enter Shikari before TSSF

Might see higher power before slowthai as well

Screenshot_20190813-124221_Leeds.jpg

Screenshot_20190813-124027_Leeds.jpg

Screenshot_20190813-124313_Leeds.jpg

I worked Royal Blood the other day, do yourself a favour and go and see Pup.

The schedule release usually makes you realise how much depth there is to the festival but this year is truly hot stinking garbage.

It's not just 'old man yells at cloud' here either; it's not been targeted at me for some time but at least every time before now it was often a decent spread and you got the impression that they were trying. The poor set lengths, the lack of attempt to book all the acts leading to random late openings and early closures, not to mention the least remarkable year for pretty much every stage... Shit's bad.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The schedule release usually makes you realise how much depth there is to the festival but this year is truly hot stinking garbage.

It's not just 'old man yells at cloud' here either; it's not been targeted at me for some time but at least every time before now it was often a decent spread and you got the impression that they were trying. The poor set lengths, the lack of attempt to book all the acts leading to random late openings and early closures, not to mention the least remarkable year for pretty much every stage... Shit's bad.

Funny thing is me and my friend haven't been for 3 years because of that same reason and we are going this year because we like the line up, especially on the Friday (Leeds) though not sure what we are going to do on the Sunday evening after Twenty One Pilots have finished. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:39 PM, Andre91 said:

I’m generally made up with those times. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to catch either of Shikari’s sets but I’m glad I can see the main stage one and that they don’t clash with The Story So Far. Friday is looking incredible. 

Milk Teeth > Mayday Parade > Enter Shikari > The Story So Far > The Distillers > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > A Day To Remember > Foo Fighters 

Twin Atlantic > Press Club > DigDat > You Me At Six > Puppy > Pale Waves > Pup > The 1975 

Boston Manor > Higher Power > slowthai > AJ Tracey > Billie Eilish > Blood Youth > Poppy > Twenty One Pilots > Ghostemane

That is pretty much band for band who I am seeing at Leeds, though I'm thinking of giving up last 15 mins of ADTR (even though I love them) to see Enter Shikari in the Pit

4 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

That is pretty much band for band who I am seeing at Leeds, though I'm thinking of giving up last 15 mins of ADTR (even though I love them) to see Enter Shikari in the Pit

Yeah, I was thinking this but am thinking that unless we leave well early we won’t get in as the tent will be packed 

3 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

35 minute wait from Fredo to watch a 40 minute R1 headline set from Dave. What's all that about? 

Right? All the timings in the NME seem a little strange to me on the Friday, the gap between acts are huge. Mentioned it earlier but can't help but feel like they have had a secret set lined up for that day which has now fallen through. God knows why he's got such a short set though.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I was thinking this but am thinking that unless we leave well early we won’t get in as the tent will be packed 

I'm working on the basis that it's Enter fucking Shikari in a small tent, it's going to be carnage and the movement of the crowd will hopefully be the way you can get in! Good luck

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I disagree. This is the first r&l lineup in some time that has got my attention. 

The 1975, Royal Blood, Post Malone, Foo Fighters, Billie Eilish, Dave & Fredo, Stefflondon all in one weekend will look massive a couple of years down the line.

Must be the only person looking at lineups dominated by Billie Eilish and Post Malone saying “this is gonna age superbly”.

But don’t get me wrong, I think the headliners are strong for the demo, both the subs are pretty big and the Foo Fighters day caters to their fans quite well. The lack of depth beyond that however is astounding, and the aforementioned bits where they seem to give up on booking acts is a bit of a pisstake.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Must be the only person looking at lineups dominated by Billie Eilish and Post Malone saying “this is gonna age superbly”.

But don’t get me wrong, I think the headliners are strong for the demo, both the subs are pretty big and the Foo Fighters day caters to their fans quite well. The lack of depth beyond that however is astounding, and the aforementioned bits where they seem to give up on booking acts is a bit of a pisstake.

There really is no excuse for the lack of bands on the Pit/Lockup.

Even if they threw a few small(ish) name bands who are currently on tour like Pigsx7 or Cancer Bats it would have improved the line up with little extra cost or effort.

Yes it's like they have given up on the Pit/Lock up stage this year. Like many on here, I enjoy spending lots of time at this stage throughout the weekend but it's pretty uninspiring this year and will be spending more time at the main stage for once. 

Would be better reverting back to two days with full programme?