1 hour ago, thelemon said:

Liam's solo stuff is very popular and also excellent, he's just released what a lot of people are saying is one of the songs of the last couple of years (once), and then you have Noel, his latest stuff isn't for everyone but he is doing something different and pushing the boat out and experimenting. People don't want Liam because he's doing the same thing over and over, but you also don't want Noel when he's doing the opposite?

Liam would smash it, I saw him headline both parklife and benicassim last summer and he killed it both times. He did a great glasto slot too just gone. After seeing the direction the festival is going lately with more pop headliners there would be a lot of happy people if Liam was top of the bill next year. He is huge right now and his voice is sounding incredible.

Well, all of Liam’s live videos I’ve seen consist of the crowd being static for his own stuff apart from Wall of Glass. They go nuts for the Oasis stuff because that’s all they’re waiting for. He sounded bum at Glastonbury. Really, really bum. The ‘best song’ thing is a non-point, really. I think that The Menzingers have recently released one of the best songs of the past several years. It doesn’t mean anything. 

Noel makes music for people who buy their albums from Tesco. He’s in the same bracket as Snow Patrol and the Stereophonics. Thankfully, he isn’t big enough to be discussed as a potential headliner.

I wouldn’t be surprised by Liam headlining whatsoever and I do think that he is probably big enough to do it. I just think that it would be a really dull booking and performance. 

Slipknot on the other hand :ninja: 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

Liam Gallagher is boring. His glasto set was one of the most boring and horrific sets I’ve seen, his vocals were pretty dreadful. His music is popular amongst the dark fruits gang who still want Stone Roses and Gerry Cinnamon to headline Reading and Leeds. 

Give me a Foals, Slipknot, BMTH or even The Killers over Liam any day. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly don’t know what people see in a Liam, I like a few Oasis songs and saw him at Reading 17 but his voice was diabolical, didn’t bother seeing him at Glasto this year.

On top of that, for someone with a horrible voice, who can barely sing in time to a number of songs, and who’s brother is massively responsible for his fame, he’s far too arrogant.

• Upvote 1

Black Bull by Foals is released tonight and I can guarantee that’ll be a better single than ‘Once’ lmao

12 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Black Bull by Foals is released tonight and I can guarantee that’ll be a better single than ‘Once’ lmao

They've already played in on their tour and it sounds boss. Don't think it's physically possible for them to produce bad music.

• Upvote 1

Well anyone doubting LG's vocals should go check out his recent piano sessions for radio 1, but tbh it's not even really about that it's what the songs mean to people and the feeling, tone etc in his voice. It's like the roses, one of the best gigs I've ever been to even though Ian brown slaughtered pretty much every song vocally. Doesn't matter at the end of the day.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Well anyone doubting LG's vocals should go check out his recent piano sessions for radio 1, but tbh it's not even really about that it's what the songs mean to people and the feeling, tone etc in his voice. It's like the roses, one of the best gigs I've ever been to even though Ian brown slaughtered pretty much every song vocally. Doesn't matter at the end of the day.

It does matter. 

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

I get that, it’s just the fact some fans hold him to a god-like status and refuse to criticise his vocals, I know you get blindly devoted fans for every act but they seem to be more prevalent for LG. 

Can’t deny I wouldn’t swoon over an Oasis reunion though.

2 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

No working class heterosexual male is paying money to go to gigs just because "omg he's got a great voice". 

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

No working class heterosexual male is paying money to go to gigs just because "omg he's got a great voice". 

Let’s ignore this guy along with the Gallagher brothers. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, iforaneye said:

Who doesn't love being told what gifigs to go to based on social status and sexuality 😂😂😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iforaneye said:

Most of Frank Ocean's fanbase says hi.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, iforaneye said:

um

what

On 7/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, rivalschools.price said:

Someone said that last year they didn’t complete the Pit/Lock up until August 1st, the BBC introducing stage announced the same time.

Obviously BBC introducing has already been announced so it won’t be the same as last year haha

Well an August 1st announcement for the Pit doesn’t look like it’s happening, ha ha.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Well an August 1st announcement for the Pit doesn’t look like it’s happening, ha ha.

Could they drop it with stage times? It’s sold out so it’s not like they need to sell more tickets 

6 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

Could they drop it with stage times? It’s sold out so it’s not like they need to sell more tickets 

It would be nice to think that they’d have an announcement for the ones who have already purchased tickets rather than using announcements solely to sell more tickets.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

It would be nice to think that they’d have an announcement for the ones who have already purchased tickets rather than using announcements solely to sell more tickets.

I didn’t mean that badly haha

Edited by somethingpersonal

17 minutes ago, somethingpersonal said:

I didn’t mean that badly haha

Yeah, I know that. 

It just seems each announcement is geared towards giving the ticket sales a boost rather than actually letting customers who have already got a ticket know who is playing.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I know that. 

It just seems each announcement is geared towards giving the ticket sales a boost rather than actually letting customers who have already got a ticket know who is playing.

Its 3 weeks till the fest - chill out probably next weekend

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Its 3 weeks till the fest - chill out probably next weekend

Yup, I’m chilled. Just replying to a comment asked why the rest of the Pit/Lock up hadn’t been announced with only three weeks to go.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, ob123 said:

hahahah, just listened to 'Once' for the first time - Horrific, dull dad rock of the worst kind and when shown like this, god, what terrible lyrics - 

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

hahahah, just listened to 'Once' for the first time - Horrific, dull dad rock of the worst kind and when shown like this, god, what terrible lyrics - 

And then compare to this beauty 

• Upvote 1

Im loving this whole 'Dark Fruits' thing, as an old fart (42) so potentially I suspect a borderline dark fruiter, just to be sure Im going to use it correctly, is it people who are basically into Liam Gallagher, Cold Play etc, who camp at the main stage all day, turning their nose up at FRank Carter as he's not on Radio 2 a load and hate all 'The Rap'?

Edited by Benj