2019 festival

You've missed nothing. As I said before, anyone can edit it, some bloke called runawayz just decided to move things around a few days ago.

Also that was probably just a guess anyway, we've had no confirmation on where the secret sets are, if there are any.

Official set times will be out in a week or two anyway.

9 hours ago, Jericode said:

You've missed nothing. As I said before, anyone can edit it, some bloke called runawayz just decided to move things around a few days ago.

Also that was probably just a guess anyway, we've had no confirmation on where the secret sets are, if there are any.

Official set times will be out in a week or two anyway.

Fair enough. Just that the stage had a massive gap before and now there appears to be no room for a secret set so looked as if there was an extra band in there somewhere. Maybe he just extended everyone’s sets or something. 

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Fair enough. Just that the stage had a massive gap before and now there appears to be no room for a secret set so looked as if there was an extra band in there somewhere. Maybe he just extended everyone’s sets or something. 

Yeah he’s just played around with the set times, there’s been no recent additions on the Friday. Still 11 bands on Fri/Sat and 12 Sun so there’s potential for a secret set on either day, will have no real idea until the set times are published though 

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Are there more acts to be announced? Listened to the Radio 1 Rock Show with Daniel P Carter and he said Frank Iero is playing his stage, just wondering as Frank hasn't been announced yet 

Yeah, there’s more to be announced.

Frank Iero is likely to be one as he is touring the U.K. with the already announced Laura Jane Grace.

A lot of backlash towards Mabel on Twitter. She cancelled most of her August festival dates and postponed all of her solo tour dates due to “doctors orders” but then did a set on the One Show on one of the days she should have been on tour. As far as I’m aware her special guest slot at R&L is still going ahead but still, bit of a dick move pulling a sickie then performing on national TV. 

On 8/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, Andre91 said:

The Dark Fruits lot are the male equivalent of Fiat 500 Twitter. The types who wear bucket hats and think that the Courteeners are the best band in the world and that their music taste is really varied because they also love house. They complain that they can’t understand how people can go on a night out and not spend £100 (it’s because not everyone buys a bag of gear to go to spoons followed by some shitty £1 vodka red bull club). 

Essentially, half of Leeds Festival’s attendees these days. 

This is what I dont understand by 90% of the comments here, R&L since 2014ish has been a festival specifically for Dark Fruits twitter types. Its aimed at postGCSE/A Level students, I don't really know what people would be otherwise expecting. Liam would be a perfect booking for R&L, would satisfy a lot of the punters and probably not that expensive. Sure it wont be the most "exciting" booking but I don't think I would really classify any recent headliner choices as such (except maybe Metallica in 2015?). I also aint personally interested in him (not a big Oasis fan and his solo stuff is a bit dull imo) but I wasnt interested in Chillis either and can still recognise they were a good booking.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

This is what I dont understand by 90% of the comments here, R&L since 2014ish has been a festival specifically for Dark Fruits twitter types. Its aimed at postGCSE/A Level students, I don't really know what people would be otherwise expecting. Liam would be a perfect booking for R&L, would satisfy a lot of the punters and probably not that expensive. Sure it wont be the most "exciting" booking but I don't think I would really classify any recent headliner choices as such (except maybe Metallica in 2015?). I also aint personally interested in him (not a big Oasis fan and his solo stuff is a bit dull imo) but I wasnt interested in Chillis either and can still recognise they were a good booking.

R&L has been aimed at GCSE/A Level students for years. They’ve just slowly morphed into the dark fruits kind. I’m sure people a 10-12 years ago were moaning about the emo kids bringing the likes of Paramore and FOB to the festival. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

R&L has been aimed at GCSE/A Level students for years. They’ve just slowly morphed into the dark fruits kind. I’m sure people a 10-12 years ago were moaning about the emo kids bringing the likes of Paramore and FOB to the festival. 

Can't say I wasn't moaning when we had both FOB and PATD as headliners (ish for panic) last year honestly ?

And what @Mattymooz got at is what I meant. Liam helps Leeds which is the struggling site the most, is cheap and would go down well with the core audience without a doubt. He won't sell heaps of day tickets when compared to Foo Fighters or someone but he is so cheap vs them and other big headliners that he should be booked every 2-3 years from a financial perspective.

Why bump him up to headliner when they could probably get him as a sub still? It makes more sense to do that and get him more often than bumping him up and not being able to have him for a few years because he’s headliner too recently. Kind of like Courteeners. They could put them as co-headliners at this point (*shudders*) but it makes more sense to have they as a sub for as long as they can.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Why bump him up to headliner when they could probably get him as a sub still? It makes more sense to do that and get him more often than bumping him up and not being able to have him for a few years because he’s headliner too recently. Kind of like Courteeners. They could put them as co-headliners at this point (*shudders*) but it makes more sense to have they as a sub for as long as they can.

If they can get him to sub sure, but I reckon hes gotta be big enough to headline on his own at this point surely (or at least coheadline). I'd say he's a good deal bigger than Courteeners, even if a lot of the appeal is the old oasis songs.

In saying that, I assumed Royal Blood would have at least coheadlined too but what do I know (and in refernce to the earlier conversation on whether ADTR are big enough, I would have assumed they easily are. They've gotta be bigger than Courteeners/Two Door etc. and surely the fact they play the fest less gives them a boost as to their position if anything. Sure they are less mainstream, but that doesnt take away from their credentials. I aint even a fan, I think the only track of theirs I know of is a Kelly Clarkson cover lol)

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Anyone think Love Fame Tragedy (Murph from The Wombats new side project) might make an appearance on the same days as The Wombats are playing?

That's a good shout there but I can't see it happen since the side project has just started.

Seen on some other forums people going crazy over Kasabians latest tweet, saying they could be the secret set as it looks like they are bringing a new album out. What do people think are the chances of this?

Personally I don't think it will be (as much as I would want it to be), my guesses are:

Catfish

Liam Gallgher

Biffy Clyro

Idles

Gerry Cinnamon

Kaiser Chiefs

Will any clues be given for the secret sets before the festival?