2019 festival

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I still aint sure on Stormzy either. I wouldn't say DJ Khaled of J Cole are close to headlining reading at this point if we are doing that comparison. I think he'd make a good sub, but not anything more than that.

For new headliners I'm down to:

- Catfish (new album out and some kind of exclusive as they headlined every other fest in britain this year it seems)

- 1975 (pretty much the one act I think are nailed on, theyre huge rn, will be back with a new album and target a similar crowd to FoB imo)

- 21P (will probably be back by next summer, depends how their new album is imo)

- BMTH (probably more likely for Download first imo)

- Swedish House Mafia (it's strongly rumoured they're back for Ultra this year. If the comeback is succesful could see them doing R&L)

- Drake (done Wireless before, obvs big enough)

For old headliners I have:

- blink-182 - ticks the Fall Out Boy box, would be coming off a Las Vegas residency so would probably be an exclusive performance like Muse, plus they missed out on the 4 year rule this year)

- Green Day (think it's unlikely their still about but maybe)

- Biffy (due a new album but aint sure they'll solo again)

- Foals (due a new album, probs bumped up to solo but could do V fest or IOW instead easily)

- The Killers (would be a bit weird as this would be the 3rd year touring this album but wouldnt put it past Killers or FR, would be a very KoL booking)

- QOTSA (may be back but probably more likely to sub at glasto if I had to guess)

- The Strokes (again more likely to do something like IOW imo)

I completely agree about stormzy.

would be a weak booking and I wouldn’t want him any higher than a sub

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I still aint sure on Stormzy either. I wouldn't say DJ Khaled of J Cole are close to headlining reading at this point if we are doing that comparison. I think he'd make a good sub, but not anything more than that.

- Catfish (new album out and some kind of exclusive as they headlined every other fest in britain this year it seems)

- 1975 (pretty much the one act I think are nailed on, theyre huge rn, will be back with a new album and target a similar crowd to FoB imo)

- 21P (will probably be back by next summer, depends how their new album is imo)

- Swedish House Mafia (it's strongly rumoured they're back for Ultra this year. If the comeback is succesful could see them doing R&L)

- blink-182 - ticks the Fall Out Boy box, would be coming off a Las Vegas residency so would probably be an exclusive performance like Muse, plus they missed out on the 4 year rule this year)

- Foals (due a new album, probs bumped up to solo but could do V fest or IOW instead easily)

- The Killers (would be a bit weird as this would be the 3rd year touring this album but wouldnt put it past Killers or FR, would be a very KoL booking)

- QOTSA (may be back but probably more likely to sub at glasto if I had to guess)

SHM if they come back won't be doing a R&L headline show, it would be either Creamfields or their own bug outdoor show in MK again or London. They 100% could do outdoors for more money than Creamfields would give them but I would not be surprised to see one happen earlier in the year and Cream later. After all, they are doing these steel yard May events now with Cream headliners and big acts and they had one in November. 

I think QOTSA sub is possible, but if offered Reading outright I don't see how they don't take it. I still feel Glasto might want to offer them Other stage headliner again but I guess with a number 2 and number 1 album they may well feel above that. 

I think QOTSA are headlining every festival they’re playing in Europe so I can’t see them subbing at Glastonbury really. If they’re still touring by then, Reading and Leeds is a no-brainer because they’re covering June/July pretty extensively this year, and the history they have with the fest.

2 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Normally I'd say no because why would they bring someone back who played 2 years prior... However, this year has just blown predictions out of the water.

I feel like Muse isn't that desperate though. They have plenty of other options for fests to play, and seem to play R&L pretty consistently every 5/6 years...

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I feel like Muse isn't that desperate though. They have plenty of other options for fests to play, and seem to play R&L pretty consistently every 5/6 years...

muse could play transmit as they haven't done a Scottish festable since 2010

On 3/20/2018 at 11:06 PM, Mattymooz said:

i don't know about foals as they might have to wait until they find a new bass player

http://www.foals.co.uk/?loc=

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah true I just think with some of the bookings this year I'll never be able to make a confident prediction ever again. 

I would say I'm fairly confident that we'll get one of Foals or The 1975 next year which I'd be happy with and coupled with a strong rock headliner it could get me to buy a weekend ticket for the first time in 3 years as long as some of the rest is pretty solid. Impossible to tell at this point though.

3 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

i don't know about foals as they might have to wait until they find a new bass player

http://www.foals.co.uk/?loc=

That shouldn't be too hard, they're recording at the moment so something tells me they've sorted it already and they'll announce it at some point in the near future. 

3 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

could it be ed sheeran

That would honestly be the death of the festival for me. 

17 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

That shouldn't be too hard, they're recording at the moment so something tells me they've sorted it already and they'll announce it at some point in the near future. 

That would honestly be the death of the festival for me. 

glasto might get them first so it could be 2020

3 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

That's a possibility. Like I said either Foals or The 1975 will headline next year if I'm to guess, no way glasto will have both.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Muse will do IOW or BST next year I'd imagine, along with TRNSMT.

maybe muse and foals will do radio 1 big weekend

24 minutes ago, Cosmos said:

maybe muse and foals will do radio 1 big weekend

Could do but that doesn't tend to stop bands doing other festivals as it's basically just an hour long promotional set for the BBC (which you can only really get tix for if you're local) to sell their new album.

When I went in 2015 the headliners were Muse and Foo Fighters who headlined Download and Glasto respectively that year (well Foos were supposed to headline Glasto until Dave Grohl broke his leg).

On 3/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I do kinda agree. I can't be arsed to look into this properly so this might be based off of assumptions, but surely in the past there's been more relevant acts that could have been booked to make their debut instead of a return of FOB/KoL this year, Kasabian/Muse last year, Biffy in 16, Blink in 14 etc. Perhaps it's just chance, but it seems like the festival actively try to get at least one returning headliner every year; maybe as a safe bet that previously sold well or maybe just because there weren't many other options.

You might be right though, considering the amount of acts that could conceivably be given the headline slot in 2019 then perhaps it'll be the first in a long time to feature all new headliners. Just don't see it personally.

Eminem was also a returning headliner last year and seeming as the fest is going mainstream now i wouldn't be surprised if jay z headlined one day.