It would've made more sense for Billie to go before the TOP/Post co because there will be so much fan crossover. The radio 1 crowd will like her and post Malone while the young teenage crowd who like their "alternative" music which is basically just slightly edgier pop music will want her and TOP (that's not a dig at either btw). Feel like she's about the size to sub a co-headliner, too, which I guess is meant to be someone bigger than 3rd down but not quite at a sub level.

Royal Blood are bigger than ADTR so could've subbed Foos for the rock crowd and then blossoms on the 1975 day for the indie crowd.

Foo Fighters - Royal Blood

1975 - Blossoms

Post/TOP - Billie

Probably would need another after blossoms who could just about sub at Leeds but maybe not down south, although wombats 4th down is probably pushing it, I mean blossoms in that slot looks like a weak day but move everyone down a place and have a bigger act as sub and it would've looked pretty stacked

Edited by thelemon

3 hours ago, thelemon said:

It would've made more sense for Billie to go before the TOP/Post co because there will be so much fan crossover. The radio 1 crowd will like her and post Malone while the young teenage crowd who like their "alternative" music which is basically just slightly edgier pop music will want her and TOP (that's not a dig at either btw). Feel like she's about the size to sub a co-headliner, too, which I guess is meant to be someone bigger than 3rd down but not quite at a sub level.

Royal Blood are bigger than ADTR so could've subbed Foos for the rock crowd and then blossoms on the 1975 day for the indie crowd.

Foo Fighters - Royal Blood

1975 - Blossoms

Post/TOP - Billie

Probably would need another after blossoms who could just about sub at Leeds but maybe not down south, although wombats 4th down is probably pushing it, I mean blossoms in that slot looks like a weak day but move everyone down a place and have a bigger act as sub and it would've looked pretty stacked

The way they do it is to sell weekend tickets. Means that lots of foos fans who normally would want to just avoid Reading will have to go weekend to see Royal Blood and other as well. I am surprised that day isn't more mixed, even the slightest rain and all the rap crowd will definitely leave as there is literally nothing for them that day after Lil Uzi Vert who is major (don't even recognise the 1xtra name but it can't be that big?) Also no way could Blossoms sub a solo headliner - not a chance unless they are below like Foos. With the TOP/Post day, they like to have people moving around a lot and all those acts who would be below Billie really shouldn't have to move just for her - if she was headlining the tent it may be easier to convince some - blossoms would be great in the tent against Post Malone.

EDIT: 1975 is also the weakest day already as shown by sales, probably because it doesn't have as much of a focus as the other two days but this means that moving blossoms to that day is an even worse idea than already is :D 

Edited by gfa

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

The way they do it is to sell weekend tickets. Means that lots of foos fans who normally would want to just avoid Reading will have to go weekend to see Royal Blood and other as well. I am surprised that day isn't more mixed, even the slightest rain and all the rap crowd will definitely leave as there is literally nothing for them that day after Lil Uzi Vert who is major (don't even recognise the 1xtra name but it can't be that big?) Also no way could Blossoms sub a solo headliner - not a chance unless they are below like Foos. With the TOP/Post day, they like to have people moving around a lot and all those acts who would be below Billie really shouldn't have to move just for her - if she was headlining the tent it may be easier to convince some - blossoms would be great in the tent against Post Malone.

EDIT: 1975 is also the weakest day already as shown by sales, probably because it doesn't have as much of a focus as the other two days but this means that moving blossoms to that day is an even worse idea than already is :D 

Agree mostly and you're both not suggesting where ADTR would move to with all of this?

New names addded, Kawala is opening the Main Stage on Friday, Vistas added to Festival Republic on Sunday and BBC Introducing lineup announced

D_Bgm3JXkAI76as.thumb.jpg.1c90f51d5fdea8bc40ad5a7ae2501b74.jpg

Edited by sacred shape

Oh ffs I really like Marscians and they've been added to the Friday.

I literally have a packed out friday, an average Saturday and hardly anyone to see on Sunday.

Very glad to see Vistas appear, easily one of my favourite up and coming bands atm. 

Good to see TPD back too, their Piccadilly set was rammed last year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Very glad to see Vistas appear, easily one of my favourite up and coming bands atm. 

Good to see TPD back too, their Piccadilly set was rammed last year. 

Absolutely buzzing with vistas being added to the Sunday, looking like an unreal day already. Such a good band to start the day with 

Well appy with TPD being added, probs the best set at Picadilly last year, wish more DJs would just play bangers instead of EDM

Very happy to see Vistas on there. Class upcoming band.

Bit gutted to see Easy Life only being at Leeds though... Really don’t see why 5 acts play at Leeds but not Reading? Especially when Reading is the bigger of the two? 

5 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Very happy to see Vistas on there. Class upcoming band.

Bit gutted to see Easy Life only being at Leeds though... Really don’t see why 5 acts play at Leeds but not Reading? Especially when Reading is the bigger of the two? 

Because Leeds has a (small) stage with bands playing on the Thursday, and Reading doesn't.

2 minutes ago, WFD said:

Because Leeds has a (small) stage with bands playing on the Thursday, and Reading doesn't.

Probably to try and entice more sales at Leeds, along with the nightlife, but I know the licenses must make a difference too. Never been to Reading, but hear it's in quite a built up area?

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Probably to try and entice more sales at Leeds, along with the nightlife, but I know the licenses must make a difference too. Never been to Reading, but hear it's in quite a built up area?

I think it is a licensing issue. Reading used to do something at the Rivermead but think that may have stopped due to licensing.

Was expecting the rest of the lineup in one go to tbf not sure why they’ve only announced a few now with till quite a few gaps. 

41 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Also easy life and indoor pets playing the Thursday at leeds

Oh ffs I love easy life and im going reading

38 minutes ago, Jericode said:

I'm surprised the Pit/Lock-Up is still so bare.

Pretty much my reaction when I see the size of the crowd at that stage over the last few years.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 9:30 AM, dum surfer said:

Brockhampton don’t appeal to chavs tho

I still don’t get how this band are seen as slightly credible. They’re only slightly less boybandy than One Direction

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Well appy with TPD being added, probs the best set at Picadilly last year, wish more DJs would just play bangers instead of EDM

I’ve just checked them out on YouTube and seen some of the DJ sets they have done in the past. I’m now looking forward to Piccadilly again for the first time in a couple of years.