Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Samjones said:

Any hunches or ideas as to who the secret sets will be?

If I was betting on it I'd go Catfish or Liam Gallagher (not very inspiring choices and I'm hoping for neither of them) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling it now, Dave will bring Stormzy on at some point during his set. 

(please please please)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 12:26 AM, TheWaters said:

Calling it now, Dave will bring Stormzy on at some point during his set. 

(please please please)

Dave to bring out Alex from Glastonbury, heard it here first. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but if the Clashfinder is correct, the crowd surge from Billie to Post is going to be massive if she finishes exactly as he starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frank Turner's new album is out a week before the festival and he's got a Friday/Saturday gap in his schedule, could see him sneak onto the main stage as the missing act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Frank Turner's new album is out a week before the festival and he's got a Friday/Saturday gap in his schedule, could see him sneak onto the main stage as the missing act.

Still hoping The Streets will somehow be booked as a special guest

Edit: Ha! I went to reply the image to something else, but I'm just going to leave it here

Donald Trump Boring!.jpg

Edited by jamieaslee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but any idea on who the TBC headlining the FR could be?

No idea. It’s only there due to Blaenavon pulling out which wasn’t that long ago, so the festival themselves might not even know yet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

No idea. It’s only there due to Blaenavon pulling out which wasn’t that long ago, so the festival themselves might not even know yet! 

Yeah I know - just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who's free and hasn't been booked (and that are adequately sized to headline that tent)... Possibly The Sherlocks or Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender? Are they the right size or are they way too big to booked last minute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah I know - just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who's free and hasn't been booked (and that are adequately sized to headline that tent)... Possibly The Sherlocks or Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender? Are they the right size or are they way too big to booked last minute?

The fact that they don't need to shift day tickets for that day probably means they won't be going for anyone too big. Sherlocks would probably be around the right size, can't see Gerry or Sam Fender. Would expect one or both of them to get big spots next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah I know - just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who's free and hasn't been booked (and that are adequately sized to headline that tent)... Possibly The Sherlocks or Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender? Are they the right size or are they way too big to booked last minute?

you'd like to think they have back ups really but way too big anyway. Imagine how big that gerry crowd would be even against Foos I reckon still quite large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the clashfinder, I know its not accurate atm, but is there any chance that The Wombats and Pale Waves wont clash? As well as Royal Blood and Circa Waves? Like if another act was to be added that day? Just asking as I have never been Reading before and just trying to get an idea...thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ModBoy said:

Looking at the clashfinder, I know its not accurate atm, but is there any chance that The Wombats and Pale Waves wont clash? As well as Royal Blood and Circa Waves? Like if another act was to be added that day? Just asking as I have never been Reading before and just trying to get an idea...thanks

There’s likely to be some overlap between those, but if you’re lucky with the set times it might be possible to see a decent amount of both. Good thing about Reading is that it’s not far between stages so it’s possible to move around quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, syc1818 said:

soooo lil uzi vert has cancelled his tour. wonder if he will cancel this too

Denzel Curry would be a welcome replacement 

Edit: nevermind he's in America 

Edited by jamieaslee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt they'd replace him. This is the festival that's happy to risk crushing by putting Billie Eilish in a tent when they've had plenty of time to move her given how her popularity has exploded.

They were probably gonna give everyone short sets to account for Foos having a long one anyway so they'll just give everyone lower down an extra 5-10 mins if he does pull out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Doubt they'd replace him. This is the festival that's happy to risk crushing by putting Billie Eilish in a tent when they've had plenty of time to move her given how her popularity has exploded.

They were probably gonna give everyone short sets to account for Foos having a long one anyway so they'll just give everyone lower down an extra 5-10 mins if he does pull out 

Damn, that's a lot of drama. She's playing a huge tent at the same time as one or both of the headliners and you're acting like Festival Republic are Dyatlov and co.

And I'm sure they'd replace Lil Uzi Vert if he dropped off the lineup. They've replaced bands at a few hours notice on that stage before, and the Foos set will have been fully accounted for already.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...