1 minute ago, Twizz said:

Article monkeys also on the Carling stage 

Love Article Monkeys

On 5/11/2019 at 7:20 PM, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Bloody hell I bet it’s Idles secret set. That would be thoroughly disappointing

If Idles did a secret set it would be like Frank Carter last year, doubt it'd be the biggest secret set of the weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:20 PM, VCK said:

Transplants were definitely booked to play the Main Stage, if I recall they were 7th down but pulled out and they were replaced by some band called Biffy Clyro...

Not sure about there being a double set though, if memory serves me correctly the first time that happened was Jimmy Eat World in 2007.

I know it's not technically a double set, but I'm fairly sure My Chemical Romance played a double set of sorts in 2005, in that they opened Leeds main stage and then went to play reading later that day. 

Soz if this has been mentioned but I cba reading through everything.

Further apologies for my next question, but does anybody know yet which way around the co-headliners are gonna play on Sunday? 

Wanna see Twenty One Pilots but hoping I don't have to sit through Post Malone!

Has any other year had so many future headliners on its as much as 2005? The Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, Kasabian, My Chemical Romance, Kings of Leon, Razorlight, Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys. It's mad.

Edited by VCK

Unless he gets announced for a load of shit really soon, I wonder if Serge Pizzorno could show up as a first festival show or something. A bit like Gerard Way that time.

So Tyler, The Creator in London doing something at 3pm today so obvs he's not banned anymore...

How far up the lineup would he be nowadays?

21 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

So Tyler, The Creator in London doing something at 3pm today so obvs he's not banned anymore...

How far up the lineup would he be nowadays?

I reckon headline NME or third down main stage 

55 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

I reckon headline NME or third down main stage 

Surely bigger than blossoms or the wombats?

If they chuck an exclusive tag on him plus with the rarity of seeing him I can see Tyler justifying that spot.

• Upvote 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:39 PM, Andre91 said:

The Wombats are playing Wembley and Leeds arenas. Tyler couldn’t do that. 

Idk, he had a secret gig shut down due to popularity in London the other day...

I'm expecting him to announce a UK tour soon so I guess we'll see

I find the weirdest thing about Tyler coming over is that he chose Buckingham Palace and Peckham as the spots to go to in London. 

12 minutes ago, jump said:

I find the weirdest thing about Tyler coming over is that he chose Buckingham Palace and Peckham as the spots to go to in London. 

You mean there’s more to it?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You mean there’s more to it?

Of course, talking a selfie with a red bus and taking another on the tube are way above seeing Buckingham Palace.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, moonage505 said:

Tyler announced two shows in London in September so I don’t think there’s a chance for him at reading my dudes 

Was thinking more 2020, I'm guessing he had his ban lifted pretty recently, with there being literally no news of it until he turned up outside Buckingham Palace

Managed to cop pre-sale tickets for Brixton today, buzzing.

New album's gone down very well, where would he fit into 2020's lineup?

Is there any chance of a few bands from Slam Dunk being announced now that festival is over and no ticket sale clashes to consider? 

Would love to see Turnstile at the festival. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Is there any chance of a few bands from Slam Dunk being announced now that festival is over and no ticket sale clashes to consider? 

They absolutely demolished Slam Dunk yesterday. It felt like everyone was watching them. It was manic. They would be incredible playing a main stage but not at R&L. 

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They absolutely demolished Slam Dunk yesterday. It felt like everyone was watching them. It was manic. They would be incredible playing a main stage but not at R&L. 

Yes definitely. It reminded me of watching Rage Against the Machine in the early days. Singer's voice reminds me of Perry Farrell. 

It would be pretty tasty watching them in the Lock up stage 

• Like 1

Just watched the whole of 1975 set at Big Weekend and jesus they were fucking good. Wether you like their music or not, their production is on a whole different level to any band in the world at the moment surely? Crazy to think people out there didn’t think they were worthy headliners either. Ending the Friday night at Reading with The Sound will be iconic. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

This would be fantastic. The Slam Dunk line up was amazing this year so a few bands from there would boost the Reading/Leeds line up considerably.

The days of them booking the likes of NoFx, Anti-Flag and Bad Religion unfortunately seem long gone but someone like The Interrupters or ,as you say, Turnstile would still fit the current model.

Is there much history of them sharing the same bands from Slam Dunk in previous years?

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1