2019 festival

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think The Strokes might headline in 2019.  A run of Blossoms > Catfish > The Strokes would work well.

BMTH/21 Pilots, Kanye, The Strokes would be decent headliners. I think they'll go for BMTH or The 1975 but I'm not sure they'd want both in the same year.

I agree. I was thinking BMTH, Stormzy/Twenty One Pilots, The Strokes but that seemed slightly weak.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'm thinking of starting a petition to change Leeds Festival to Leeds Lads Festival. Let Courteeners headline the Sunday, keep the Kendrick shite down south.

Just Pro Evo all the festivals tbh.

Trying to decide between Reading Rock and Daresbury Dance this year. Already got a day ticket to Midlands Metal.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Changes based on what people said. Chance & 21P could coheadline tbh

fullprediction20192.png

That trio of headliners is way, way too much of a damp fart. And I definitely don't see Skrillex and Kaisers playing 2nd and 3rd.

Also, Beartooth playing the same slot as 2018??

Edited by Steve1000

27 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

That trio of headliners is way, way too much of a damp fart. And I definitely don't see Skrillex and Kaisers playing 2nd and 3rd.

Nah those headliners would be reasonably strong in 2019. Jay Z seems pretty random though - I doubt he'll tour if there isn't an album to promote and those don't come around fast nowadays.

Looks like a very realistic and well balance prediction, only problems:

• I agree that Skrillex and Kaisers in those slots are weird. Kaisers have dropped off quite heavily, and Skrillex probably has to a lesser extent. That Saturday would tank.
  • Big Sean wouldn't headline R1 - I think he'd be about fourth/fifth down that stage if they bothered booking him.
  • That Friday R1 is incredibly similar to the Sunday R1 last year, and that was a turkey.
Edited by dentalplan

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah those headliners would be reasonably strong in 2019.

I didn't mean that I thought it was weak, but surely there'd be someone slightly heavier, even if it's the bloody Arctic Monkeys. I don't think they'd have the most rawking headliner in a trio be The 1975.

Just now, Steve1000 said:

I didn't mean that I thought it was weak, but surely there'd be someone slightly heavier, even if it's the bloody Arctic Monkeys. I don't think they'd have the most rawking headliner in a trio be The 1975.

Twenty One Pilots appeal to the same people as FOB and PATD, don't they?

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Also, Beartooth playing the same slot as 2018??

Damn I thought Beartooth was on the main stage this year lol mb

And thats fair about Kaisers and Skrillex. I wanted an electonic act to sub Jay-Z, and as Jack U is looking like it will take a longer break I just stuck in a Skrillex solo set. I did have Marshmello in that slot before but I dunno if he will be big enough by then

Regarding the headliners I had it down as:

21P - The weak headliner that is kind of that years fall out boy

Jay Z - The Muse booking of this year, kind of done with this album tour but gets booked anyway on a euro exclusive. Also is a slightly older act (compared to 21P and 1975 who would be first time headliners)

1975 - The alt-rock headliner that would probably be the biggest headliner after their new album. They're either a UK exclusive or they do a Kasabian and do TRNSMT anyway

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:
  • I agree that Skrillex and Kaisers in those slots are weird. Kaisers have dropped off quite heavily, and Skrillex probably has to a lesser extent. That Saturday would tank.

Kaisers have dropped off heavily but looking at how Kooks and Wombats are 2/3 of the top bands of the clashfinder atm I think they'll try and stick more late 00's stuff on the lineup. They could probably be shoved down to 4th down but then YM@6 would have to be shuffled somewhere else

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:
  • Big Sean wouldn't headline R1 - I think he'd be about fourth/fifth down that stage if they bothered booking him.

Really? I have very little knowledge about rap but Big Sean is one of the few artists I know some stuff from. Also he's labeled as a special guest on the Wireless lineup whilst still being in the same font as Post & Lil Uzi, both I know people on here have said could headline that stage...

13 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I mean who is the heavy act this year? Kendrick?

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Jay Z - The Muse booking of this year, kind of done with this album tour but gets booked anyway on a euro exclusive. Also is a slightly older act (compared to 21P and 1975 who would be first time headliners)

I mean who is the heavy act this year? Kendrick?

Muse are from the UK and play festivals here non-stop. Completely different situation.

Out of the three actual headliners this year it's clearly FOB.

23 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

21P - The weak headliner that is kind of that years fall out boy

Kaisers have dropped off heavily but looking at how Kooks and Wombats are 2/3 of the top bands of the clashfinder atm I think they'll try and stick more late 00's stuff on the lineup. They could probably be shoved down to 4th down but then YM@6 would have to be shuffled somewhere else

Really? I have very little knowledge about rap but Big Sean is one of the few artists I know some stuff from. Also he's labeled as a special guest on the Wireless lineup whilst still being in the same font as Post & Lil Uzi, both I know people on here have said could headline that stage...

I think The Wombats and The Kooks still have some appeal at R+L though whereas Kaisers haven't gone away at all since the 2000's and are now feeling the burn of that. They've only been booked once this decade despite refusing to piss off so that tells you they're not really high up R+L's list.

And Big Sean has been around a while and been reasonably popular in those circles so it's not strange to see him get a slot like that at Wireless. That's a rap festival though, he was bottom half of the second stage at V a year or two ago.

Re: 21P - I think you're underestimating them quite a bit there. Their last album has slowly but steadily sold nearly 4 million worldwide and there's no reason those fans will have left. I would expect their next release will be the biggest rock album of whatever year it comes out.