2019 festival

2 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

His were a bit samey but at least catered to his audience. Dan P Carter seems to want to cater for the people who are already being catered for. There's probably gonna be some hip hop/rap opposite the hip hop/rap he's booking. There's not many rock bands on Saturday at all but he's booked a bill on the Saturday for Post Malone fans

That's exactly why I liked him, I rarely ever listened to his show (fuck staying up to 3am) but when I did it's what I would be listening to anyway.

Yeah, it's been a few years since I last saw The Pit line up and been really impressed by it. I think the last time the strength of that stage alone could talk me into going to Reading was 2014 and 2015, it's been patchy ever since for my own taste.

37 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Billie Eilish is in no way near big or strong enough to sub radio 1 stage.

Her Gigs look pretty good from what I've seen, I'm surprised at the energy. It might not be to your tastes but she deserves the slot for sure. . And shes 17 jesus great achievement for her and all power to her, clashes with post/top might lessen the crowd for her but I still think itll be a big draw. Also this is what Dave Grohl said about her

".... I went to see Billie Eilish not too long ago. Oh my god man. Unbelievable. My daughters are obsessed with Billy Eilish. And what I'm seeing happening with my daughters is the same revolution that happened to me at their age. My daughters are listening to Billie Eilish and they're becoming themselves through her music. She totally connects to them. So we went to go see her play at the Wiltern, and the connection that she has with her audience is the same thing that was happening with Nirvana in 1991. The people in the audience knew every word. And it was like our little secret. So I don't know...and her music is hard to define! I don't know what you call it! I try to describe her to people and I don't know.......I don't even know what to call it. But it's authentic. And I would call that rock n roll. So.... I don't care what sort of instruments you use to do it. When I look at someone like Billie Eilish, I'm like...shit man....rock n roll is not even close to being dead..."

8 minutes ago, jump said:

That's exactly why I liked him, I rarely ever listened to his show (fuck staying up to 3am) but when I did it's what I would be listening to anyway.

Yeah, it's been a few years since I last saw The Pit line up and been really impressed by it. I think the last time the strength of that stage alone could talk me into going to Reading was 2014 and 2015, it's been patchy ever since for my own taste.

His last ever 2014 Lock Up was insane. I miss him booking the stage and 2015 didn't feel the same. Still, 2015 had a decent Lock Up/Pit line up and I think 2016 was very good as well.

Just now, justanothername said:

I'd say a mixture of Slam Dunk, 2000trees and Outbreak have pretty much filled that whole nowadays.

I'll add Boomtown Fair's Diss-ordely Alley to that list too, it covers ska punk and street punk very well. Last year's line up is still fucking amazing me.

I still fancy Idles to get added post-tour, can't see any reason for them to have been held back mind. They're in the Netherlands the week before and Bristol the week after, they've got a perfectly sized Reading and Leeds gap in the schedule.

Unless they wind up at Victorious maybe?

9 minutes ago, jump said:

I'll add Boomtown Fair's Diss-ordely Alley to that list too, it covers ska punk and street punk very well. Last year's line up is still fucking amazing me.

Yeah I guess, but Boomtown is a £200+ festival which covers a wide range of music. The others are cheaper options where 50%+ of the line up could appear have easily been have been on a Lock Up/Pit of any year.