2019 festival

5 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

What do people think of the new Sundara Karma album?

the opener was awesome, wasn't as exciting after but most of the songs that were going to be big i'd heard already as there were like 6 singles :) 

17 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Are we all in agreement that this is the worst ever Leeds and Reading lineup?

You could have copied and pasted this comment from any line up since efests started but to answer your question, it’s already better for me personally than at this stage last year.

The top four on Sunday(Reading) and Royal Blood mean I’ve already got more mainstage acts than main stage acts I watched last year.

Add Shikari twice and the Pit/Lockup and I’m sure this year will be fine.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, moz4pm said:

Are we all in agreement that this is the worst ever Leeds and Reading lineup?

If you'd have said this at this point last year you'd probably get the adverse response than what you're getting now. 2017 and 2018 were some pretty horrific lineups. This year, at this point, has the potential to be the best lineup we've had for a number of years.

the headliners are the best possible 4 for this year i think. Foos could headline any year, The 1975 will have 2 new albums out within 12 months of R&L so are very relevant, Post Malone is  one of the biggest acts in the world right now and TØP are a good idea to co with him. Personally i find it really exciting to see 3/4 making their headline debuts, Its about time we got some new bands instead of Muse, Stereophonics, Kasabian and Biffy Clyro headlining every festival (not that they’re not good bands)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

the headliners are the best possible 4 for this year i think. Foos could headline any year, The 1975 will have 2 new albums out within 12 months of R&L so are very relevant, Post Malone is  one of the biggest acts in the world right now and TØP are a good idea to co with him. Personally i find it really exciting to see 3/4 making their headline debuts, Its about time we got some new bands instead of Muse, Stereophonics, Kasabian and Biffy Clyro headlining every festival (not that they’re not good bands)

Which  acts could headline in the future.

Bastille

Foals

Two door cinema club

Royal blood

Catfish and the bottlemen

Stormzy

Ed Sheeran

Coldplay

Drake

Panic at the disco

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, jj200 said:

Which  acts could headline in the future.

Bastille

Foals

Two door cinema club

Royal blood

Catfish and the bottlemen

Stormzy

Ed Sheeran

Coldplay

Drake

Panic at the disco

couldn’t see Sheeran or Coldplay doing it but other acts could be

Wolf Alice

Don Broco

Travis Scott

Kanye West

Pale Waves (in like 2024)

4 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

If you'd have said this at this point last year you'd probably get the adverse response than what you're getting now. 2017 and 2018 were some pretty horrific lineups. This year, at this point, has the potential to be the best lineup we've had for a number of years.

What was so bad about 2017 can I ask? like i really like it tbh, has about double the amount of acts i'd liked to have seen last year. not tons of interesting names with acts like bastille subbing, but Liam G, Muse, Kasabian and QOTSA is really strong + Eminem as well. Full days, only a bit weaker on the saturday but the NME that day more than makes up for it :) 

https://clashfinder.com/s/read2017/?user=gfa&

6 hours ago, gfa said:

What was so bad about 2017 can I ask? like i really like it tbh, has about double the amount of acts i'd liked to have seen last year. not tons of interesting names with acts like bastille subbing, but Liam G, Muse, Kasabian and QOTSA is really strong + Eminem as well. Full days, only a bit weaker on the saturday but the NME that day more than makes up for it :) 

https://clashfinder.com/s/read2017/?user=gfa&

Liam Gallagher subbing was seen as a bad booking at the time if I remember correctly. 

People were shocked he was so high

16 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Not in the slightest 

15 hours ago, ob123 said:

Fishing? 

I'm not fishing, I'm genuinely sad at whats happened to this festival, I live in Leeds and went ten years in a row and would love to still go, but I go to festivals abroad now like Nos alive in Portugal because the lineup is usually a million times better than what Leeds currently offers.

9 hours ago, moz4pm said:

I'm not fishing, I'm genuinely sad at whats happened to this festival, I live in Leeds and went ten years in a row and would love to still go, but I go to festivals abroad now like Nos alive in Portugal because the lineup is usually a million times better than what Leeds currently offers.

Depends on what kind of music you like I guess. 

As an older attendee onto by 22nd or so Reading on the bounce Id rather see the latest big thing, than a load of biggish bands I’ve seen 5x before when they were relevant and interesting. 

On paper last years Nos Line up looks decent but when you actually look at it, most of the big bands there have played Reading, when they were younger and more relevant. 

Id take 1975 over Pearl Jam every day of the week. Doubt I’ll be interesting in seeing either in 5 years time. 

I am tempted by a foreign fest though, especially as I now live in the US, so Reading costs me well over a grand to attend.  Whicj would you say was the best (for 3 old fellas) to attend, near enough to hotels to avoid having to camp etc...?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

Anyone listened to The Japenese House album?

Listened as they're on the lineup and out of curiosity, surprised how much i like it.

Do we think they'll play on the 1975 day?

Yeah I wasn’t expecting to like it but it’s pretty good. I’d bet on them being high-FR on the 1975 day. Will probably give them a watch if nothing else on.

17 hours ago, Benj said:

Liam Gallagher subbing was seen as a bad booking at the time if I remember correctly. 

People were shocked he was so high

I don't see the problem - oasis singalongs take him a long way I guess.

EDIT: i'm 17 and to some extent i want to see all these older bands like Kasabian, Arctics, Muse, RHCP etc as they have all been around a while yet i have only just started going to festivals. Most of the newer acts like 1975 or Post i'm not really even interested in its the 10 year old indie acts and major headliners I like with a few exceptions quite far down the bill. A lot of people though definitely are more interested in the newer acts like 21p and 1975 but there's definitely a lot of people who want to just see the older headliners even if it just Arctics or Kasabian, plus the 00's indie acts like kooks etc and the bookings reflect this

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

I’m only 17 too and i completely agree, there are bands who i’ve never seen (Muse & Biffy being the two i’d most like to) but a lot of  these old acts aren’t doing the exciting things that newer big bands are doing 

Yeah - for me when there's an older band I like I really jump on the chance to see them. I was gutted to miss Muse, Kasabian, Two Door (who i've now seen at community) and Glass Animals at Reading 17 - and after passing on Glass Animals at APE last year seeing them is now a long time away. The older acts as a proper music fan attract me to the festivals not artists like Post Malone or 21p who will probably tour most years for the next 10 years if they stay popular. After not jumping on Reading 2017 I think i've become really cautious honestly about missing out on acts so I am really jumping on opportunities (strokes comes to mind since they haven't played the UK for 5 years) but definitely this isn't most people at Reading.