Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

They’re bigger now than they were then for some bizarre reason. They’ve headlined Slam Dunk and are doing Ally Pally this week. 

They did an arena tour back in 2016 when they headlined The Pit, though. Don’t really think they’ve grown much at all, certainly not to warrant them headlining the R1 stage anyway. If they’re there I imagine they’ll be on the Main Stage or headline The Pit again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They did an arena tour back in 2016 when they headlined The Pit, though. Don’t really think they’ve grown much at all, certainly not to warrant them headlining the R1 stage anyway. If they’re there I imagine they’ll be on the Main Stage or headline The Pit again.

They supported All Time Low on an arena tour in 2016 :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

They headlined The Pit the other year, no reason why they’d randomly be bumped up to R1 headliner now.

It’s Giggs or Dave, I’m telling you.

Surely Giggs,  wouldn't say Dave is big enough to headline R1. If not Giggs defo a rap act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Royal Blood into The Prodigy :wub:

see also: Royal Blood into Bloc Party | Silent Alarm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Wu-Tang Clan for R1 headliner slot?

That would be mental

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 5:11 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Nope, Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes are.

And maybe Good Charlotte inbetween. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf though nor should Frank Carter.

Reading-Leeds have got a pretty good history of bands that have seemingly been placed in too high slot at the time of the announcement getting bigger by the time if the Festival.

Frank Carter is getting more and more popular, his profile is rising and his music is getting good airplay.

By the time of the festival his new album will have been out a few months and the placing may make sense.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Reading-Leeds have got a pretty good history of bands that have seemingly been placed in too high slot at the time of the announcement getting bigger by the time if the Festival.

Frank Carter is getting more and more popular, his profile is rising and his music is getting good airplay.

By the time of the festival his new album will have been out a few months and the placing may make sense.

Indeed they have and that maybe so, I guess we'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s the guys live rep that’s got him here. I do like Blossom but I don’t think any of their albums are that great, but I’ll absolutely see him whenever I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen Frank Carter in Newcastle and he did mention this, and he seemed quite excited to be 3rd down on main stage so I'm guessing there isn't gonna be anyone else added above him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If foos are playing for 3 hours it's like a extra band they will be on main stage at 8.30 at the latest which means ADTR of about 7.45 stating at 6.30 so Frank will be finishing at about 6 which is about 4 down on a normal day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twizz said:

If foos are playing for 3 hours it's like a extra band they will be on main stage at 8.30 at the latest which means ADTR of about 7.45 stating at 6.30 so Frank will be finishing at about 6 which is about 4 down on a normal day 

Please, for the love of your friends and your family. I’m imploring you to stop smoking crack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Please, for the love of your friends and your family. I’m imploring you to stop smoking crack.

Why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...