Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

I live 2 miles from the Weston Park leg, no one I know has chosen reading or Leeds. They have chosen festivals like Wireless, creamfields, sw4 and the gay pride events which have pop acts playing. 

I am sure reading/Leeds have picked a few, not may though. 

I can't comment too well but i live about 1hr from Reading and 20min from Hylands, one person as far as I know went in the final year of V and i think some people who left went to RiZe only to sell their tickets, was basically a different festival anyway though. About 20 people went to Reading in 2017 and well over 50 last year from my sixth form went to Reading. Before Reading people weren't going to festivals so I guess there's no change. Seems that SW4/Creamfields etc will be picking up the slack. oh and the summertime ball/jingle bell ball. I saw there was something like that in Leicester an arena pop festival with David Guetta headlining. didn't look to be selling well though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gfa said:

I  saw there was something like that in Leicester an arena pop festival with David Guetta headlining. didn't look to be selling well though

Coventry, be surprised if that went ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thetime said:

Coventry, be surprised if that went ahead.

that's the one, seem to be getting bombarded with adverts for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm from Coventry and at 6th form, seemingly the target audience for this, and absolutely no one I know has bought a ticket for it. They've dropped the Saturday indie/rock day that seemed to have a decent billing and have dropped unannounced acts from the Sunday, I can't see it happening at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gfa said:

It will obviously stop if its not profitable. You can really see its doing badly, Tramlines have sold 2/3 of tickets already and there are tons of day festivals happenning up there this year like Courteeners, Blossoms and Sounds of the City. New competition from Y Not growing majorly + Tramlines growth along with less people coming down from Newcastle due to this is Tomorrow + brexit etc too. The lineups are generally very southern focused especially this year, none of the headliners are particularly North specific, whereas 1975 are pretty Southern along with Post and 21p to a lesser extent. Reading also hasn't had much competition from festivals down South growing except like APE, but thats a completely different audience and Community which is only a day festival and its like 2 months earlier.

Also V fest has gone now which has been a nice boost to Readings figure (and leeds too i guess equally)

So 2 American acts and a band that are literally from the North are “pretty Southern”? 

This is fucking mental.

Edited by Steve1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent lineup for my most local festival in my opinion. Getting a lot of hate on Twitter, looks good with what else has been announced.

Foals doing a few smaller fests to prep for Leeds following 2 new albums in 2020?

IMG_20190206_182554.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Decent lineup for my most local festival in my opinion. Getting a lot of hate on Twitter, looks good with what else has been announced.

Foals doing a few smaller fests to prep for Leeds following 2 new albums in 2020?

IMG_20190206_182554.jpg

Elbow see a strange headliner when it is more of a younger crowd that Kendal, would of suited more to that crowd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Elbow see a strange headliner when it is more of a younger crowd that Kendal, would of suited more to that crowd. 

Had Noel Gallagher, Snoop Dogg and Madness before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamieaslee said:

Had Noel Gallagher, Snoop Dogg and Madness before

fair point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

surely with Foals only headlining festivals that TDCC and Wolf Alice are headlining that rules them out for 2020 by themselves, a co headline would be cool though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

surely with Foals only headlining festivals that TDCC and Wolf Alice are headlining that rules them out for 2020 by themselves, a co headline would be cool though

I thought this, but im not sure they would want to co-headline again surely? Hopefully if they do it's with someone slightly better than Disclosure...

2 new albums might push them up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I thought this, but im not sure they would want to co-headline again surely? Hopefully if they do it's with someone slightly better than Disclosure...

2 new albums might push them up though.

Co head with catfish next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Co head with catfish next year?

i feel like they’re too similar as bands to co headline, they might do it with a rapper/DJ, maybe Travis Scott, even possibly Boy Better Know. But if Stormzy headline it’d be strange to see 2/4 headliners as rappers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Decent lineup for my most local festival in my opinion. Getting a lot of hate on Twitter, looks good with what else has been announced.

Foals doing a few smaller fests to prep for Leeds following 2 new albums in 2020?

IMG_20190206_182554.jpg

Would love to see Dermot Kennedy make an appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denzel Curry in the Netherlands week before RnL, making him more likely to play if anyone's interested.

Edit: just realised its a festival and there's quite a few playing from it already.

Screenshot_20190207-210656_Chrome.jpg

Edited by jamieaslee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Denzel Curry in the Netherlands week before RnL, making him more likely to play if anyone's interested.

Edit: just realised its a festival and there's quite a few playing from it already.

Screenshot_20190207-210656_Chrome.jpg

The TBC act is A$AP Rocky, calling it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

The TBC act is A$AP Rocky, calling it now.

He is a Wireless exclusive supposedly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Over the past few years we've come to realise that means very little. 

True, but idk why they would have messed up Rockys booking but billed Cardi and Migos correctly. It would make a lot of sense as a booking tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 3:03 AM, rivalschools.price said:

Black Stone Cherry remind you of Nickelback?????

Ive never really heard them before, on a quick listen this AM, I would say they're not dissimilar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 3:00 PM, Stuielooie said:

 

Oi oi guys!!

New single out today!!!!

Check it out, means the world!

Love ya all xxx

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Benj said:

Ive never really heard them before, on a quick listen this AM, I would say they're not dissimilar

Fair enough 

Can’t hear the similarity myself but we all hear different things when listening to music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...