2019 festival

31 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

does anyone reckon they'll eventually end up stopping leeds if its not profitable anymore and just have Reading?

Why would it not be profitable to have Leeds? And why would they look to lose the massive market up north when there are no other major festivals up there?

8 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Why would it not be profitable to have Leeds? And why would they look to lose the massive market up north when there are no other major festivals up there?

When I went it felt like half the amount of people were there compared to all the times I’ve been to Reading.

14 minutes ago, Samjones said:

exactly what Bisque said, all i see anyone say is that leeds is no where near as busy as reading and that the bookings don't really appeal to the northern audience apart from like courteeners, gerry cinnamon etc. 

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Somewhere on The Pit maybe? Dan Carter usually announces it later on doesn't he? Might explain why they've been absent so far.

Strange that they always leave the Pit/Lockup announcement til later on.

It means the bulk of tickets have been sold  to pop/rap/dance fans before anyone knows who’s playing and it gives the fans of Rock/Metal/Punk time to look at other festivals and spend their money elsewhere.

Then people say that the Pit was empty for half of the weekend, no wonder.

3 hours ago, dum surfer said:

does anyone reckon they'll eventually end up stopping leeds if its not profitable anymore and just have Reading?

It will obviously stop if its not profitable. You can really see its doing badly, Tramlines have sold 2/3 of tickets already and there are tons of day festivals happenning up there this year like Courteeners, Blossoms and Sounds of the City. New competition from Y Not growing majorly + Tramlines growth along with less people coming down from Newcastle due to this is Tomorrow + brexit etc too. The lineups are generally very southern focused especially this year, none of the headliners are particularly North specific, whereas 1975 are pretty Southern along with Post and 21p to a lesser extent. Reading also hasn't had much competition from festivals down South growing except like APE, but thats a completely different audience and Community which is only a day festival and its like 2 months earlier.

Also V fest has gone now which has been a nice boost to Readings figure (and leeds too i guess equally)

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

It will obviously stop if its not profitable. You can really see its doing badly, Tramlines have sold 2/3 of tickets already and there are tons of day festivals happenning up there this year like Courteeners, Blossoms and Sounds of the City. New competition from Y Not growing majorly + Tramlines growth along with less people coming down from Newcastle due to this is Tomorrow + brexit etc too. The lineups are generally very southern focused especially this year, none of the headliners are particularly North specific, whereas 1975 are pretty Southern along with Post and 21p to a lesser extent. Reading also hasn't had much competition from festivals down South growing except like APE, but thats a completely different audience and Community which is only a day festival and its like 2 months earlier.

Are you wayiam?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

We don't all just listen to Courteeners and Oasis you know, I'd argue that the headliners don't appeal to anyone in particular at all in terms of geographically. 

I was thinking that. Not everyone in Manchester walks around wearing a bucket hat, drinking dark fruits, singing not nineteen forever whilst waving a flare around 

32 minutes ago, thetime said:

Would a v customer really choose reading/Leeds instead of V? I very much doubt that is true.

Not many, but V was like 80k or 90k people. That will at least be some more people going to Reading as a substitute for V not being around more, all the glitter people and in fact many acts that have done V even in the most recent years would definitely do Reading like Stormzy who did it in 2017 or Craig David and Rudimental. Its not a lot of people vs the whole 80k, but definitely some people would be going to R&L instead. Those 80k people don't just not go to festivals and theres not really any substitutes now that Big Weekend is back to 1 location again.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not many, but V was like 80k or 90k people. That will at least be some more people going to Reading as a substitute for V not being around more, all the glitter people and in fact many acts that have done V even in the most recent years would definitely do Reading like Stormzy who did it in 2017 or Craig David and Rudimental. Its not a lot of people vs the whole 80k, but definitely some people would be going to R&L instead. Those 80k people don't just not go to festivals and theres not really any substitutes now that Big Weekend is back to 1 location again.

I live 2 miles from the Weston Park leg, no one I know has chosen reading or Leeds. They have chosen festivals like Wireless, creamfields, sw4 and the gay pride events which have pop acts playing. 

I am sure reading/Leeds have picked a few, not may though. 

27 minutes ago, thetime said:

I live 2 miles from the Weston Park leg, no one I know has chosen reading or Leeds. They have chosen festivals like Wireless, creamfields, sw4 and the gay pride events which have pop acts playing. 

I am sure reading/Leeds have picked a few, not may though. 

I can't comment too well but i live about 1hr from Reading and 20min from Hylands, one person as far as I know went in the final year of V and i think some people who left went to RiZe only to sell their tickets, was basically a different festival anyway though. About 20 people went to Reading in 2017 and well over 50 last year from my sixth form went to Reading. Before Reading people weren't going to festivals so I guess there's no change. Seems that SW4/Creamfields etc will be picking up the slack. oh and the summertime ball/jingle bell ball. I saw there was something like that in Leicester an arena pop festival with David Guetta headlining. didn't look to be selling well though

Yeah I'm from Coventry and at 6th form, seemingly the target audience for this, and absolutely no one I know has bought a ticket for it. They've dropped the Saturday indie/rock day that seemed to have a decent billing and have dropped unannounced acts from the Sunday, I can't see it happening at this point.