2019 festival

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's more trying to fit where Frank Turner would go, he could of course be announced as the Radio 1 headliner still TBA. He may well be on an arena tour but it's fair to say it's not been hard nor is it still hard to grab a ticket.

Why does Frank Turner have to fit in? 

9 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Is there anyway The Streets could fit into rhe line-up, besides maybe the R1 headline which clashes with The 1975?

That's the only place i can see them fitting, if they're there.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

@Andre91 @FloorFiller a random one but with Frank Turner not being allowed to be announced due to his yet to be finished tour, I know many think they'll be announced for Trees. Say there is a gap between ADTR and Frank Carter for Frank Turner to slip into.

Noooo

My mate keeps mixing up Frank Carter and Frank Turner as it is so the last thing I need is them playing one after another on main stage, his head will explode 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Noooo

My mate keeps mixing up Frank Carter and Frank Turner as it is so the last thing I need is them playing one after another on main stage, his head will explode 

You know this literally happened a few years ago when Turner opened the main stage and Carter played right after him?

I'm still waiting for the crossover tours with Frank Carter and the sleeping souls vs Frank Turner and the rattlesnakes

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Is there anyway The Streets could fit into rhe line-up, besides maybe the R1 headline which clashes with The 1975?

Might be too low for them and I think even 3rd down it would have to be main stage. Out of Cardi B, The Streets and Ezra, it's Cardi B I can see playing lower at a major festival.

7 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Noooo

I only said it due to no fest dates yet and him becoming free next week. Probably at trees but he's a big booking for Trees if its with the souls too, defo big enough to be able to play more than just that.

11 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Anyone manage to get Foals tickets this morning? Pretty smooth sailing with O2 priority for me but had see tickets open too just in case and saw it sold out instantly.

Managed to get tickets in Birmingham on presale through buying the album. - Absolute nightmare, See Tickets hadnt set the link up so we were directed to them about an hour later, pretty lucky in the end.

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Managed to get tickets in Birmingham on presale through buying the album. - Absolute nightmare, See Tickets hadnt set the link up so we were directed to them about an hour later, pretty lucky in the end.

I saw that, had the same issue for Manchester on Wednesday as it said that tickets would be available through priority so didn't see the need to pre-order the album. Was waiting in the queue for about half an hour for them to say they had technical issues and to wait for an update of when they're back up. They ended up saying that they were making them available at the same time as the general sale so I thought I had no chance. 

15 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I saw that, had the same issue for Manchester on Wednesday as it said that tickets would be available through priority so didn't see the need to pre-order the album. Was waiting in the queue for about half an hour for them to say they had technical issues and to wait for an update of when they're back up. They ended up saying that they were making them available at the same time as the general sale so I thought I had no chance. 

Pretty shocking really, id have been a bit pissed if i hadnt got through after buying the album. Anyway, should be some great gigs. Looking forward to both albums after hearing Exits

3 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I'd of thought The Streets would have a similar fan base to The 1975 so surely a clash wouldn't make sense, making me think TBC is probably a hip hop act, especially with very little on the lineup already.

Who do we think could be on the 1Xtra stage? 

What, screaming teenage girls? Nah I think they're far enough apart to be clashing with each other.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Cammers said:

What, screaming teenage girls? Nah I think they're far enough apart to be clashing with each other.

tbf he is right, me personally being someone who would find it hard to choose between the streets and 1975. Loads of my friends are the same 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

tbf he is right, me personally being someone who would find it hard to choose between the streets and 1975. Loads of my friends are the same 

I'm not sure screaming girls are The 1975's entire demographic anymore...although there was a period I'd never had gone to one of their gigs for that reason.

More the fact both appeal to indie music fans...I know a lot of people who'd find that a hard decision

• Like 1