2019 festival

Aye reckon Shikari will open then main stage and headline the pit. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Pit ended early that night before Foos start, similar to what happened with JEW in 2014.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye reckon Shikari will open then main stage and headline the pit. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Pit ended early that night before Foos start, similar to what happened with JEW in 2014.

but then you'll get the clash with ADTR which is even more of a similar fan base

7 minutes ago, callum97 said:

but then you'll get the clash with ADTR which is even more of a similar fan base

Meh, it’s probably a similar crossover in fanbeses. Probably wouldn’t be too much of a clash either, say Shikari end 5 mins before Foos then theyd mainly be playing in the changover time between ADTR and Foos.

16 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

100%. I've seen the Foos before and it was decent but I'm in no rush to see them again. There's very few bands I'd choose to see over Shikari :P 

I've seen shikari twice this tour and about 9 times all together and no other band comes close imo. but i've never seen Foo's before so it's tough. Maybe i'll catch the last hour of foos if pit ends at like 10.30? Common Dreads is a beast of an album.  

FWIW I checked in with a friend of a friend this morning who's close to Enter Shikari and he isn't aware of any plans to make it Common Dreads in full. Just a continuation of their recent setlists which are full of that album anyway. 

*Their Download set is just a regular set too.

Edited by JSmurphy

Just now, JSmurphy said:

FWIW I checked in with a friend of a friend this morning who's close to Enter Shikari and he isn't aware of any plans to make it Common Dreads in full. Just a continuation of their recent setlists which are full of that album anyway. 

hmmm so what would differentiate the sets? 

Frank Carter being added to the Sunday makes it tempting for me, although I'd be much happier if The Distillers would just announce their own UK show so I don't have to go Reading. I've seen Foo enough times (including last year for free :) ) so I could miss it but if they had Royale Blood switched with ADTR I'd go regardless.

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think they'll get an hour to open the Main Stage as they'll be a 'special guest' opener and then they'll get maybe an hour on The Pit. 

Yeah i can see that, hopefully they will get a big crowd in the morning. Thought pit headliners got longer than that? actually nah i saw Neck Deep and they got an hour i think. 

Probably will see both shikari and foos then as i'd imagine shikari will finish between 10.30/11.

Rob Rolfe liked my tweet about them opening main stage and headlining pit with common dreads if that helps things.

46 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The sets will be different to the ones on tour at the minute, drop the piano songs, change the quickfire and remove a few of the slower songs and add a few classic hits. Main stage set will likely be full of hits and super high energy to bring people to the pit set where they'll play a lot more common dreads songs. 

Speaking to the band Sunday anyway, I'll ask them.