2019 festival

Really does seem to be a lack of spaces for hip hop left. What've we got?

Friday: The 1975 // Some band // The Wombats // YMAS // ??

Saturday: Post Malone // Twenty One Pilots // Blossoms // ?? // ??

Sunday: Foo Fighters // ADTR // Frank Carter // The Distillers // ??

The Hunna will probably take up one of those spaces too. So 3 more spaces for hip hop acts. Certainly feels more like a return to bookings they'd have made 3/4 years ago.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The Hunna will probably take up one of those spaces too. So 3 more spaces for hip hop acts. Certainly feels more like a return to bookings they'd have made 3/4 years ago.

Damn that is actually real tempting. Hmm by bank cant afford APE, this and Glasto....

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

All seems very weird, maybe they’ve just decided rap/hip hop isn’t whats selling them tickets I guess, its just people finishing their GCSEs. Still with post headlining surely there must be some kind of contingency. Maybe someone will be announced later to slot in somewhere as a sub/3rd rapper

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

CHVRCHES for the R1 headliner and The Streets or Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes third down Foos day? 

Is Frank really big enough to play 3rd down main?, I know Dan has just hinted it's basically happening but still. 

Just now, Quackers- said:

That’s what I’ve been wondering but I’m not sure

To be honest @Dan Wilcox does have a history of being correct over the years, he doesn't just post shit for fun.

Another thing; surely Frank Carter isn’t 3rd down mainstage like, thats where Kooks were last year who are headlining community or Blossoms the year before who subbed APE last year. Frank carter were at like 3pm on the second stage at APE i know they are good friends with the festival but surely they aren’t 3rd down thats crazy weak?

Edited by gfa
Matty beat me to it :/

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Is Frank really big enough to play 3rd down main?, I know Dan has just hinted it's basically happening but still. 

To be honest @Dan Wilcox does have a history of being correct over the years, he doesn't just post shit for fun.

The Snakes trajectory has been insane. They weren’t even a band early 2015 and by the end of 2017 they had sold out Brixton. He’s got a lot of appeal so I think he will look just fine third down come August on this new album. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Stuielooie said:

Maybe 4 sets across the two sites, opening with acoustic on the main stage, then the light show late on NME?

Loads of acts have done 4 sets across the 2 sites in the past, though, and that was never advertised as such. Used to always get an act playing mid-main then headline Lock Up.

49 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Nah it wasn't. It was amped up. He even said "If I was a professional, I would have a pedal for this." Every other band I saw on the acoustic stage managed to get this bit right but this incompetent fool didn't so we had to listen to him retune his guitar through the PA system several times for him to only go and butcher Heroes by Bowie.

Why did you go to see Enter Shikari acoustic ffs?

22 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Are The Brave Little Abacus playing @Dan Wilcox?

Shut up.

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm guessing The Subways low main or mid NME Foo's day.

I'm guessing no, heading, co-heading 3 years later and subbing 3 years later again, nah. They are also a sub act now.

Christ if you really think Foals and Biffy Clyro are too small to be a "sub who could headline" you're more bafflingly dumb than I thought.

Anyway, I think this is him trolling again.

Edit: Yep.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Just now, Andre91 said:

The Snakes trajectory has been insane. Th weren’t even a band early 2015 and by the end of 2017 they had sold out Brixton. He’s got a lot of appeal so I think he will look just fine third down come August on this new album. 

I'm skeptical on that one, he wasn't even subbing main stage at Slam Dunk last year and I remember his last tour having dates for not the biggest gigs on sale for a long time.