2019 festival

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I think this is more realistic than my last guess. 1975 has 2 albums coming out between now and March so will be in the middle of promoting. 21P have a new album coming out soon and are huge amongst the u20 crowds. BMTH said they will see us next year and are consistently getting airtime on all their new songs. I dont even like Mantra but i know all the words because of how much it is played. 

Enter Shikari have a new album coming out soon as do Tame Impala but neither are big enough or relevant and mainstream enough to headline. ASAP Rocky is in the same mould as Travis Scott/Post Malone etc and attracts that fan base and is big enough to sub at the moment. BBK are just huge in the UK despite not having anything big coming out, can fill out the role that other big historical names have provided like Liam Gallagher etc. Vampire Weekend has a new album coming out soon and attract Killers fans. Chance doesnt have enough to sub yet but he is a huge name that everyone knows, again like the Post Malone and Kendrick crowd will come for him. I can see Brockhampton being in the Migos 2017 spot / Krept Konan 2018 spot on Saturday.

Not3s, AJ Tracy, Alien Ant Farm, Wolf Alice and Anne Marie to do main stage to.

Untitled.jpg

Tame Impala, Chance, Vampire Weekend and Wolf Alice are all at least 1 slot too low, and A$AP Rocky and Enter Shikari are all at least 1 slot too high.

But in saying that, I think Wolf Alice have already said they won't be doing any more fests on this album?

7 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Kaiser Chiefs are touring Jan/Feb, would they play Reading now or would they go off to Glasto again like they did last tour?

They could do both. They can do as many fests as they like considering they're not a headliner or worth tying down to an exclusive. Haven't played R+L in ages though and I don't see why they'd be invited back nowadays.

10 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Tame Impala, Chance, Vampire Weekend and Wolf Alice are all at least 1 slot too low, and A$AP Rocky and Enter Shikari are all at least 1 slot too high.

But in saying that, I think Wolf Alice have already said they won't be doing any more fests on this album?

Are Vampire Weekend really sub sized? That arena tour they did really didn't sell well and they played End of the Road this year, which has such big name recent headliners as Feist and Bill Callaghan (yeah me neither, and I went to the festival!). Biggest booking EotR have ever made, sure, but I see them as a sort of APE sub act nowadays, a bit like Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Probably wouldn't be booked by R&L at all.

Edited by theevilfridge

10 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

Are Vampire Weekend really sub sized? That arena tour they did really didn't sell well and they played End of the Road this year, which has such big name headliners as Feist and Bill Callaghan (yeah me neither, and I went to the festival!). Biggest booking EotR have ever made, sure, but I see them as a sort of APE sub act nowadays, a bit like Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Probably wouldn't be booked by R&L at all.

Judging by EOTR being their only European date, I think it's more what they wanted to play it rather than only being on a par with Smog.

Anyway, yeah, I think they're quite possibly bigger now than they were five years ago. Stock is rising on 2000's indie acts across the board, whether you wanna loop them in with Wombats and Kooks or the cooler cast of LCD, YYY, Interpol, etc. The fact that they were doing an arena tour when they left off should put them above any of those.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

What about someone live Hozier next year being high on main stage? he released a new EP, is expected to release a follow up album soon and his first album has massive streaming figures 

I don't think Hozier fits the festival, even with a more recent lean towards the mainstream. Think he'd be a good fit for Latitude main stage though.

Also I'm sure I saw a quote from Ezra somewhere suggesting that the EoTR date was agreed on way in advance, when they were expecting to do a string of European festivals over the summer, but that didn't end up happening and they were already committed.

Edited by frontsidecab

3 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Bloc Party have announced a silent alarm live album, could see them perhaps having a high slot like vaccines or courteeners maybe, especially with how courteeners released st jude rewired and that this year and played 

Could possibly see them having a similar slot to The Kooks but they're no longer big enough to sub like they would every single year in the late 2000s.

10 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He could be the reason for the Pukkelpop date change. I know some people were speculating that it could have been for Arctic Monkeys.

I think the Leeds dates (which are Friday & Saturday) preclude him from Pukkelpop though. I guess it is feasible that he is doing the Sunday at PKP but for the rest of the tour he seems to not play more than 2 days in a row (and even then he only plays 2 in a row when he's staying at the same venue).

11 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I think the Leeds dates (which are Friday & Saturday) preclude him from Pukkelpop though. I guess it is feasible that he is doing the Sunday at PKP but for the rest of the tour he seems to not play more than 2 days in a row (and even then he only plays 2 in a row when he's staying at the same venue).

That could be due to transporting his stage setup or something tbf, which he wouldn't have to do for a festival.

57 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Ed Sheerans new tour includes a date for Leeds the week before R&L, which pretty much rules him out (not that he was very likely in the first place but I wouldnt have been suprised if R&L had boomed him again)

He’s got dates in Ipswich on Friday and Saturday of R+L anyway. I’m sure there’ll be more dates added at either venue.

You was daft to think R+L would book him though.