2019 festival

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Oh ffs it's the "skinny jeans band" guy.

Skinny jeans band is pretty simple terminology unless your about 10 years old. Those guys at school that used to walk around with skin tight jeans and hair over one eye and purple nail polish and would always say "rawr im a dinosaur, grrr now im a tiger" and wierd shit like that. They always liked the one type of band like One Night Only, early FOB and PATD etc. 

1 minute ago, Chad888 said:

Skinny jeans band is pretty simple terminology unless your about 10 years old. Those guys at school that used to walk around with skin tight jeans and hair over one eye and purple nail polish and would always say "rawr im a dinosaur, grrr now im a tiger" and wierd shit like that. They always liked the one type of band like One Night Only, early FOB and PATD etc. 

Hahaha that genuinely made me lol, had to give that an upvote.

4 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

But you included Mumford and Sons and Kasabian in them. Think you've got two completely different types of people mixed up here.

2 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Like I said, didnt realise it had to be exact dates. 

To be more specific and not exagerating I mean the Kendrick of 2012/13ish before he released to pimp a butterfly. Chance is there now.

Kendrick coheadlined Wireless in 2015 after TPAB was released. Chance headlined Wireless in 2017. Not saying that Chance is bigger than Kendrick, because he's not, but he'd be no less than a main stage sub at R&L.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But you included Mumford and Sons and Kasabian in them. Think you've got two completely different types of people mixed up here.

When I was leaving secondary school was when Kasabian brought out Clubfoot and all you could hear them singing from that demographic that I listed above was that stupid "ah ahuh ah ahah" chorus. Non stop like that was the only noise they knew how to make. Occasionaly shouting "i bet that you look good on the dance floor" in between. 

They then grew up to start listening to Mumford and Sons and other hipster style bands in college when they diverged into those IPA drinking craft beer afficianados. 

To be honest I think they just listened to whatever the indie room in Propoganda told them to like, which always features that awful "chelsea chelsea" song.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Kendrick coheadlined Wireless in 2015 after TPAB was released. Chance headlined Wireless in 2017. Not saying that Chance is bigger than Kendrick, because he's not, but he'd be no less than a main stage sub at R&L.

I reckon streaming and Chances ability to get out to fans despite not being signed and having huge record numbers made him viable for Wireless head. I just can't see how an artist with 1 album that was meh and like 3? singles that didn't really do anything for anyone, his biggest things so far are features on Justin Bieber songs. 

I can't see FR would book him as sub when he hasn't really made any movements other than being known as the next big thing.

Here's the Reading poster for the year I left school. I think the cool kids wore stay pressed instead of skinny jeans then, wouldn't know, I still wear pretty much the same as I did then and have never been cool.  I've seen all the headliners in the last couple of years. I wonder how many of this year's headliners will still be touring and playing in 2053? ??

reading-83-advert.jpg

16 minutes ago, devilman said:

Here's the Reading poster for the year I left school. I think the cool kids wore stay pressed instead of skinny jeans then, wouldn't know, I still wear pretty much the same as I did then and have never been cool.  I've seen all the headliners in the last couple of years. I wonder how many of this year's headliners will still be touring and playing in 2053? ??

reading-83-advert.jpg

Damn I love this poster. The Black and White & the logo are souch better than the current ones imo

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Looks pretty shit aside from Sabbath tbh.

Special Guests Big Country ffs. I remember a guy on the official Reading forum being obsessed with them playing.

Aye Sabbath weren't as big a deal as Ozzy on his own then. I saw Big Country and the Skids back in those days and it really was a case of picking your feet up off the floor and you'd still bounce up and down. Health and safety didn't exist. It was amazing. Dunno if their popularity was the same down South but they were massive in Scotland. Saw them last year too, or what's left of them.

58 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Anvil as special guests wow, didn’t even think they ever had fans over here. 

They just played the inaugural Stonedeaf festival. Can't say I've ever heard an Anvil song but I must have. They had and still have fans over here though.

58 minutes ago, devilman said:

They just played the inaugural Stonedeaf festival. Can't say I've ever heard an Anvil song but I must have. They had and still have fans over here though.

The film must’ve made them popular again, can’t believe it’s a decade old already but it’s still pretty great. 

10 hours ago, devilman said:

reading-83-advert.jpg

I was at that one. :)

There were no 'cool kids' at Reading back then.

Edited by eFestivals

I remember really enjoying The Fratellis' headline set at Glastonbury that year, actually.

2011 was my first. MCR, Strokes/Pulp and Muse. MCR were phenomenal, Pulp bored me so I went back to the tent to find it had flooded, Muse did the Origin of Symmetry set which was decent but I remember enjoying the Elbow set more.

Edited by Jericode