Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I thought it was a 3 year ban so it should end this year. I can definitely see him getting a big slot though, third down main or NME headliner as said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I thought it was a 3 year ban so it should end this year. I can definitely see him getting a big slot though, third down main or NME headliner as said. 

I remember it being '3-5 years' so don't know exactly how that works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

1975 / Arctic Monkeys / BMTH and TOP is a SOLID set of headliners without an irrelevant stinker. Lets have it Melv.

i'm thinking exactly this. seems like such an obvious and relatively easy set of headliners, right?? i can only see potentially glastonbury being a hurdle for AM / 1975 but even then i can't look past this set of headliners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, been around these forums a while now but just never posted. Been at leeds for the third time this year and while kendrick was my highlight, was great to have a better undercard than last time.

For 2019: 1975 / TOP / AM would sell well imo and would leave room for another solid undercard hopefully. Is it possible for another wildcard like KoL, Eminem etc ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eh1414 said:

Hey guys, been around these forums a while now but just never posted. Been at leeds for the third time this year and while kendrick was my highlight, was great to have a better undercard than last time.

For 2019: 1975 / TOP / AM would sell well imo and would leave room for another solid undercard hopefully. Is it possible for another wildcard like KoL, Eminem etc ??

Definitely possible for another wildcard, as it is every year. I couldn’t give you an example as it wouldn’t really be a wild card if you can have an educated guess lmao. I do think there will be a wildcard though, no way it’ll be the exact headliners we predict almost a whole year ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of 2000's rock bands or "wildcards", who could there really be? I've been having a think and I've come up with

Green Day

Blink-182

The Cure

Smashing Pumpkins

Biffy Clyro

Metallica

Queens Of The Stoneage

The Killers

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Not saying they're all realistic but no one considered KoL as they weren't active at the time, maybe it'll be like that with someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no chance of The Pumpkins, same with The Cure. I do think there'll be someone unexpected though, as Glasto will probably get one of Arctics or 1975 and Bring Me could easily do Download. Most likely someone shit like Blink or The Killers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Absolutely no chance of The Pumpkins, same with The Cure. I do think there'll be someone unexpected though, as Glasto will probably get one of Arctics or 1975 and Bring Me could easily do Download. Most likely someone shit like Blink or The Killers. 

Yeah I realised there wasn't much chance but I can hope lmao. My ideal trio would be Pumpkins, Cure and RATM but that'll never happen in a million years and I've accepted that none of them will probably headline again haha. 

Yeah you're right will probably be someone like that. Doesn't matter how shit they are FR know they'll still sell tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like they could throw Green Day in again outta nowhere. Obviously wouldn't be the Dookie show but maybe they'll just do that briefly to whip up interest for the next project and then do some festivals late summer for the same purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

In terms of 2000's rock bands or "wildcards", who could there really be? I've been having a think and I've come up with

Green Day

Blink-182

The Cure

Smashing Pumpkins

Biffy Clyro

Metallica

Queens Of The Stoneage

The Killers

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Not saying they're all realistic but no one considered KoL as they weren't active at the time, maybe it'll be like that with someone.

Maybe it could be someone like steriophonics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Melvin didn't have a boner for randomly booking Eminem to headline for no reason when he's not actually released any new music then he'd have been an obvious booking for next year.

He'll book a random shite band that has no new material leaving him unable to re-book them a year later when they actually have a new album and people want to see them. So yeah, Green Day/The Killers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then again Melvin booking Eminem in 2013 birthed the whole thewayiam saga so he's my favourite ever R&L booking despite the fact I did not watch him at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jj200 said:

What about the script because they have never been to reading and Leeds before

You posted this very thing on the Glastonbury page you fucking dullard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's already been discussed but I definitely think there'll be a headliner that's less expected at the expense of one of BMTH/TOP/AM/The 1975. Every year there's a headliner that hasn't played any gigs in the UK in over a year (apart from the odd special show/other summer gigs at a similar time to R&L). The last few years there's been Kings of Leon, Emimen, RHCP, Metallica, Blink-182 etc. who all fit this trend.

TOP, BMTH, AM and The 1975 all have arena tours coming up. I think Green Day or Blink-182 would be the most likely as a 'wildcard' headliner who won't have played a UK gig in over a year, probably at the expense of AM.

With that in mind: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Green Day, The 1975.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know it's already been discussed but I definitely think there'll be a headliner that's less expected at the expense of one of BMTH/TOP/AM/The 1975. Every year there's a headliner that hasn't played any gigs in the UK in over a year (apart from the odd special show/other summer gigs at a similar time to R&L). The last few years there's been Kings of Leon, Emimen, RHCP, Metallica, Blink-182 etc. who all fit this trend.

TOP, BMTH, AM and The 1975 all have arena tours coming up. I think Green Day or Blink-182 would be the most likely as a 'wildcard' headliner who won't have played a UK gig in over a year, probably at the expense of AM.

With that in mind: Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots (coheadline), Green Day, The 1975.

Or the killers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×