2019 festival

11 minutes ago, Twice said:

Oh definitely,  it is a matter of personal taste.

Very true again, i hate the 1975 and saying so has struck many nerves by the looks of it nobody seems to like my explanations of why. Ultimately i find them annoying and their music uninspired and boring but youre all welcome to disagree. Ill find the interview in a bit then you might get a good chuckle out of it.

Nah theyre not edgy in the slightest but i feel like their on stage attitude makes them a fair bit cooler looking than the average band. 

I didnt really mean for this tbh i just wanted to say id be disappointed if the 1975 headlined because i don't like them, i didnt quite realise my reasons for disliking them would become such a point of contention haha.

You haven't struck any nerves. You've just presented yourself as extremely biased and shortsighted because you prefer one act to another (several times). 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

However 1975's 2nd album I thought (other than Somebody Else) sounded like a worse version of there first album. Catfish was at least consistent imo but I would still have no idea which album the song belonged to if you just played me a song.

you can tell they're the same band but it's hardly Mumford and Sons-levels of putting out the same album out twice under a different name, come on now

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I don't like the 1975 but the reasons you are giving as to why they cannot headline are absolute w*nk

What reason did i give as to why they cannot headline (save for that their target audience was a bit alienating which i admitted im probably wrong about fron what you've all said)? I gave reasons as to why i dislike them. Not reasons as to why they couldnt headline.

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

You haven't struck any nerves. You've just presented yourself as extremely biased and shortsighted because you prefer one act to another (several times). 

I am extremely biased. I said i don't like them which was an opinion right from the start, i hardly claimed otherwise. My fault though, im not too sure what i attempted to achieve by saying i didnt like them in the first place but here we are.

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

you can tell they're the same band but it's hardly Mumford and Sons-levels of putting out the same album out twice under a different name, come on now

No, they're probably not as bad as Mumford or Catfish, but when you compare the 2 biggest hits on both albums (The Sound and Chocolate) imo they sound very similar. I know they're second album was a bit more slower and a bit more electronic but imo it wasn't enough to distinguish it from there first album and imo the second album got very repetitive very quickly (as lost of the songs sounded similar imo).

I just wanna see them do something a bit more different that is still very them, whether that is go more uptempo or something I dunno. Just atm I think a headline set from them would be very samey and dull atm (especially as they dont have many uptempo songs), it all depends how their second album ends up shaping up imo as when I saw them last year they were cool for about 15 minutes and then I got bored and left.

I haven't heard that EP version of Sex in ages, I might prefer it to the album version. I remember watching that when it had <10k views on YouTube which is pretty nuts looking back.

I'm pleased that they're getting touted as headliners. Having seen them five times before I wouldn't be in any rush to part with my cash, but I think they'd do a top job. I hope with a third album in tow the band don't neglect some of the oldies in their sets - Undo, You and Milk in particular. 

22 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I haven't heard that EP version of Sex in ages, I might prefer it to the album version. I remember watching that when it had <10k views on YouTube which is pretty nuts looking back.

I'm pleased that they're getting touted as headliners. Having seen them five times before I wouldn't be in any rush to part with my cash, but I think they'd do a top job. I hope with a third album in tow the band don't neglect some of the oldies in their sets - Undo, You and Milk in particular. 

EP version of Sex is so much better than the album version. Also, Milk is the best thing they've ever done.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

EP version of Sex is so much better than the album version. Also, Milk is the best thing they've ever done.

Milk, You and Menswear are my favourites I'd say. I don't know if it's the same deal with the physical version of their EP, but on digital release Milk is hidden away after 20ish minutes of silence after You ends. Most times I hear it I've usually completed forgetten I'm listening to music so it's always a nice surprise :P.

• 4 weeks later...

No appropriate festival is gonna shoot themselves in the foot and not consider The 1975 as a headliner

The band know their worth now and barring a calamity they will return as headliners.

I don't get em but you can't ignore them.