2019 festival

Depending on whether Amo blows up or not - and the next 1975 album too - think they could arguably be both outright headliners. That being said, doubt you'd get them in the same year unless it's Arctic Monkeys or a similar caliber booking for the third day.

If the 1975's popularity is still holding from 2016, they've surely got a shot to do it outright. I'd like to think BMTH could too.

2 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Depending on whether Amo blows up or not - and the next 1975 album too - think they could arguably be both outright headliners. That being said, doubt you'd get them in the same year unless it's Arctic Monkeys or a similar caliber booking for the third day.

If the 1975's popularity is still holding from 2016, they've surely got a shot to do it outright. I'd like to think BMTH could too.

They easily could, but:

1. If they want to play Glastonbury as well, like Foals and Disclosure in 2016, I think R&L might bill them as co-headliners.

2. As shown by Kendrick this year, it isn't just acts who aren't big enough to headline outright who get billed as co-headliners. 

Early thoughts on who R/L cannot miss out on:

• LORDE (if active) 
  • CHVRCHES 
  • The 1975 (headline) 
  • BMTH (co-head) 
  • Disclosure - R1 headline 
  • Idles (main 4/5th down) 
  • Vampire Weekend (I know unlikely but a subhead to Arctics/1975 would be fun) 
  • Fever 333
  • The Hunna (as much as we deservedly hate them) - stick them out of the way somewhere
  • George Ezra (headliner? Sub to 1975? I’m a rock fan but really enjoy his music) 
  • Cabbage
  • Sigrid (again)- she’s gonna get bigger
  • Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes - somewhere big for them.
Edited by manchestermusicreview
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Alfie2001 said:

I reckon it will be 

Friday- Bring Me The Horizon co headlining with The 1975

Saturday- Drake

Sunday- Arctic Monkeys

I heard TOP being talked about at Leeds this year by the Panic crowd. They will also benefit from parents buying tickets as fans are under the age to go alone.

Either TOP or BMTH co-headlining but I feel the former fits with 1975 better.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH are notorious for playing short headline sets on tour, usually around 75/80 minutes which makes me favour them as a co-headliner next year rather than an outright headliner for much the same reason as Kendrick this year; their set just isn’t long enough.

So they could well get co-headliner of a form...bigger writing on poster etc but top the night both at R&L?, that's sounds about right to be fair.

33 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I heard TOP being talked about at Leeds this year by the Panic crowd. They will also benefit from parents buying tickets as fans are under the age to go alone.

What are you on about? You know that doesn't really happen that much and a good portion of their fanbase are 16 and over. Shut it.

Edited by justanothername

2 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Early thoughts on who R/L cannot miss out on:

• LORDE (if active) 
  • CHVRCHES 
  • The 1975 (headline) 
  • BMTH (co-head) 
  • Disclosure - R1 headline 
  • Idles (main 4/5th down) 
  • Vampire Weekend (I know unlikely but a subhead to Arctics/1975 would be fun) 
  • Fever 333
  • The Hunna (as much as we deservedly hate them) - stick them out of the way somewhere
  • George Ezra (headliner? Sub to 1975? I’m a rock fan but really enjoy his music) 
  • Cabbage
  • Sigrid (again)- she’s gonna get bigger
  • Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes - somewhere big for them.

Disclosure on the R1 three years after co-headlining? Surely not.

The Hunna and Cabbage both could make FR stage headliners like Kate Nash did this year. 

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So they could well get co-headliner of a form...bigger writing on poster etc but top the night both at R&L?, that's sounds about right to be fair.

Not sure they’re popular enough to even get the Kendrick/Biffy treatment really. I reckon it’ll be a proper co-headline for them. 

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Third main or Radio One headline for me.

Are they really that big though? I'm not sure they really are quite that big yet. I'd say 4th down main or R1 Sub max surely. Like I get that they're decent sized and that's been recognised but I feel if booked it'll be like Broco, we all expect 3rd main, NME headline no doubt but in reality be a few slots below. I mean they're not quite the size of Pendulum, Wolf Alice, Skepta (as he was originally booked as the headliner), or even YMAS, Flume or Haim from last year are they?

I think The Hunna are already on the decline, this new album has kinda flopped. I don't reckon they're gonna be booked next year, but if they are then 4th main/R1 sub sounds about right. Would probably be the best slot they'll ever get at a festival before they drop off completely.

Anyone know how well their tour has sold?

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think The Hunna are already on the decline, this new album has kinda flopped. I don't reckon they're gonna be booked next year, but if they are then 4th main/R1 sub sounds about right. Would probably be the best slot they'll ever get at a festival before they drop off completely.

Anyone know how well their tour has sold?

Shite apparently. I heard their Birmingham "residency" is barely half sold.

16 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Are they really that big though? I'm not sure they really are quite that big yet. I'd say 4th down main or R1 Sub max surely. Like I get that they're decent sized and that's been recognised but I feel if booked it'll be like Broco, we all expect 3rd main, NME headline no doubt but in reality be a few slots below. I mean they're not quite the size of Pendulum, Wolf Alice, Skepta (as he was originally booked as the headliner), or even YMAS, Flume or Haim from last year are they?

We ain't all @Andre91

6 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Shite apparently. I heard their Birmingham "residency" is barely half sold.

Fair enough. Last I heard was that they were doing arenas so assumed they were big enough for the slots I said. If their shows aren't selling well then aye, forget that.