2019 festival

On 6/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, TheWaters said:

I seem to remember people saying the NME decreased in size from it's original size. Not sure why, I'd guess it was when they added 1Xtra and needed space maybe? Someone else will have to clarify.

IIRC they increased the size of the nme in about 2010, adding this extra bit, then it was removed again at some point in time.

12 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Honestly can't see My Chemical Romance coming back. Why do you think they will? 

All the solo projects have gone quiet, they're all still on good terms and eventually they'll want a piece of all the money that comes with going back out on tour together.

• Like 1

Won't let me edit that post, weirdly, but I was gonna add that it's not specific to next year and since 2017 it has been one of the earlier predictions we throw around until it doesn't happen for that year and we put it off again. It really is bound to happen eventually though and R+L will likely be the first UK stop.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Won't let me edit that post, weirdly, but I was gonna add that it's not specific to next year and since 2017 it has been one of the earlier predictions we throw around until it doesn't happen for that year and we put it off again. It really is bound to happen eventually though and R+L will likely be the first UK stop.

You can't edit posts after like 15 mins now unless you're a gold member.

Can see this being the festival that Bring Me the Horizon step up to headline. Last two albums have been pretty solid, the latter getting a lot of commercial plays. Don't think Download would book them as a headliner.

If they're aiming for a similar pattern to this year then I'd guess at:

Bring Me the Horizon / Drake / Imagine Dragons.

9 hours ago, SEV7N said:

Can see this being the festival that Bring Me the Horizon step up to headline. Last two albums have been pretty solid, the latter getting a lot of commercial plays. Don't think Download would book them as a headliner.

If they're aiming for a similar pattern to this year then I'd guess at:

Bring Me the Horizon / Drake / Imagine Dragons.

I don't see Imagine Dragons headlining, at least not on their own. Defo think BMTH will do Reading and Drake would be a solid choice to get....I wouldn't care but others would. I'm expecting a similar acts to Dua Lipa as well.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I don't see Imagine Dragons headlining, at least not on their own. Defo think BMTH will do Reading and Drake would be a solid choice to get....I wouldn't care but others would. I'm expecting a similar acts to Dua Lipa as well.

I think if they're going down the road of making it more open for fans of different genres that they'd be a pretty safe bet with a stacked undercard. Admittedly it would do nothing for me, apart from a couple of their older songs l struggle to think of many other bands that are that dull. (Imagine Dragons).

I think with Glastonbury being back next year that they'll get their pick of the lot, perhaps costing Leeds a headline performance by Arctic Monkeys. 

Edited by SEV7N

Glasto don’t always get their pick; Reading/IOW/V got Foo Fighters a bunch of times before they got around to accepting a Glasto slot.

Don’t see why Imagine Dragons would headline next year when they’re touring this year and can’t even crack this lot of headliners. I don’t get why you think Download wouldn’t have BMTH headline either, when Download has about seven headliners in total and more of their fans go to that.

7 hours ago, SEV7N said:

I think if they're going down the road of making it more open for fans of different genres that they'd be a pretty safe bet with a stacked undercard. Admittedly it would do nothing for me, apart from a couple of their older songs l struggle to think of many other bands that are that dull. (Imagine Dragons).

I think with Glastonbury being back next year that they'll get their pick of the lot, perhaps costing Leeds a headline performance by Arctic Monkeys. 

Arctics for me are nailed on for Glasto but I also think acts will say no to play the following year.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Glasto don’t always get their pick; Reading/IOW/V got Foo Fighters a bunch of times before they got around to accepting a Glasto slot.

Don’t see why Imagine Dragons would headline next year when they’re touring this year and can’t even crack this lot of headliners. I don’t get why you think Download wouldn’t have BMTH headline either, when Download has about seven headliners in total and more of their fans go to that.

RE: Download and BMTH - I think they split opinion. Whilst I agree that they're definitely more suited to Download, I just think they're more likely to headline Reading and Leeds, mainly due to the direction the latest album went in. 

18 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

If chase n status were to play again what slot do you lot reckon they’d get 

Don’t really see them taking a lower slot on the main stage (think they were sub last time on there). Gotta be R1 headliner or sub even I reckon. Have definitely dropped off a little. Are they too big a topper for the dance tent? I thought that about Fatboy Slim and was wrong. 

Edited by Retro P

14 minutes ago, Retro P said:

Don’t really see them taking a lower slot on the main stage (think they were sub last time on there). Gotta be R1 headliner or sub even I reckon. Have definitely dropped off a little. Are they too big a topper for the dance tent? I thought that about Fatboy Slim and was wrong. 

They headlined nme in 2015 as part of rebel sound I think 

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well yeah but Rebel Sound is a smaller act than Chase and Status. Like how Jack White would sub Glastonbury but as The Raconteurs he'd certainly be lower.

Rebel Sound were probably booked a bit high though, and Chase and Status are about NME headline sized now.

On 3/6/2018 at 10:41 AM, MIchael_scarn said:

Definitely that 3rd main stage slot I can see happening. They for sure haven't grown but they haven't fell off either so I'd say it's pretty impressive to not fall off the face of the earth when you take a break and your not necessarily considered a 'huge' band. Their NME slot in 2014 looked very very impressive and seemed to get a pretty big crowd considering they were across from AM.

They ended their set before AM came on. Only really clashed with Jake Bugg. 

16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Rebel Sound were probably booked a bit high though, and Chase and Status are about NME headline sized now.

Oh aye I wasn't trying to say Chase and Status wouldn't play there - it's where I expect them to play if they do turn up next year. Was just saying that Rebel Sound playing that slot doesn't really mean owt.