Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I reckon Twenty One Pilots will headline next time they appear, which is probably this edition. That last album didn't start out massive but it's been grinding out sales practically every week since release and has sold(?) hundreds of thousands here now and millions worldwide, remarkably. They're pretty woeful but I think owt but a headline at their most appropriate fest would be kind of unjust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring Me The Horizon

The 1975 

Arctic Monkeys

I wouldn't be too surprised if Stormzy is headline size on his next album. 

 

Edited by Andre91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bisque said:

21 Pilots as headliners? I can't see it.

TBH I keep getting more and more worried that 2019 could see the duo of 21P and Imagine Dragons coheadlining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

TBH I keep getting more and more worried that 2019 could see the duo of 21P and Imagine Dragons coheadlining

Relax. Imagine Dragons won't be headlining.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like Foo Fighters could headline 2019 if they don't do next year, even if they do a load of festivals next summer I can see them coming back over for this in 2019 to finish the tour. At the moment I'd guess The 1975, Twenty One Pilots and Foo's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I feel like Foo Fighters could headline 2019 if they don't do next year, even if they do a load of festivals next summer I can see them coming back over for this in 2019 to finish the tour. At the moment I'd guess The 1975, Twenty One Pilots and Foo's. 

Feel like Foos, 1975 and BMTH (with BMTH and 1975 maybe coheadlining) seems likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MCR for 2019 because that's the year that Danger Days is set in :ninja: 

But that album is poo though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I feel like Foo Fighters could headline 2019 if they don't do next year, even if they do a load of festivals next summer I can see them coming back over for this in 2019 to finish the tour. At the moment I'd guess The 1975, Twenty One Pilots and Foo's. 

Yeah I think that trio too. One of the non-Foos one would probably be the biggest draw/sell out day tickets fastest too imo. Both seem pretty unstoppable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got bored so thought I'd make this predicition. I forgot 1975 when I was making it but didn't know which other headline to cut out so...

QAulsFb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Got bored so thought I'd make this predicition. I forgot 1975 when I was making it but didn't know which other headline to cut out so...

QAulsFb.jpg

Looks good but surely we can't predict the undercard this far in advance? Skrillex wont sub, dubstep is officially dead and will never recover, so Skrillex has had to resort to making music that sounds like S Club 7, to not much success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve1000 said:

Looks good but surely we can't predict the undercard this far in advance? Skrillex wont sub, dubstep is officially dead and will never recover, so Skrillex has had to resort to making music that sounds like S Club 7, to not much success

Yeah probably cant predict it I was just bored and guessing who should be coming out with new music by then.

And I dunno about Skrillex. Sure he aint the best producer anymore but he is still one heck of a DJm and his brand has a lot of pulling power imo (especially as he has been busy with Jack U and Dog Blood recently so hasnt done many Skrillex shows recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These predictions are really scaring me haha. I hate the 1975 that much that regardless of the rest of the lineup id probably end up not buying a ticket purely out of protest. How dare they win that Brit award over Biffy fucking Clyro.

Twenty One Pilots are a truly empty and dull band and are pretty much equivalent to the likes of nickelback/chainsmokers in that they are the definition of bland within their respective genres.

Im not a fan of BMTH but i dont despise them, although if both they and one of the other two headline i dont think theres a third headliner on existence that could redeem that weekend. 

Come on R&L, appeal to that demographic of yours. Bump Foals to headline outright considering how well they went down last year and especially considering they should have new material on the way by 2019. Arctic Monkeys or Foos if Foos arent playing 2018. If royal blood were to be able to get a single out prior to the festival theyd be a good shout for a coheadline spot in 2019 if you look at the momentum theyre gaining, not sure who with though. 

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twice said:

These predictions are really scaring me haha. I hate the 1975 that much that regardless of the rest of the lineup id probably end up not buying a ticket purely out of protest. How dare they win that Brit award over Biffy fucking Clyro.

Twenty One Pilots are a truly empty and dull band and are pretty much equivalent to the likes of nickelback/chainsmokers in that they are the definition of bland within their respective genres.

Im not a fan of BMTH but i dont despise them, although if both they and one of the other two headline i dont think theres a third headliner on existence that could redeem that weekend. 

Come on R&L, appeal to that demographic of yours. Bump Foals to headline outright considering how well they went down last year and especially considering they should have new material on the way by 2019. Arctic Monkeys or Foos if Foos arent playing 2018. If royal blood were to be able to get a single out prior to the festival theyd be a good shout for a coheadline spot in 2019 if you look at the momentum theyre gaining, not sure who with though. 

That first paragraph is the most tragic thing I've read on this forum.

All the acts you mentioned in your first three paragraphs appeal perfectly to their demographic so not sure what your fourth paragraph is supposed to mean.

Arctic Monkeys will probably headline Glasto in 2019 so I expect R&L will do all they can to get them next year. Foos probably will headline R&L in 2019 if they're not there in 2018.

Royal Blood will surely headline next year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

That first paragraph is the most tragic thing I've read on this forum.

All the acts you mentioned in your first three paragraphs appeal perfectly to their demographic so not sure what your fourth paragraph is supposed to mean.

Arctic Monkeys will probably headline Glasto in 2019 so I expect R&L will do all they can to get them next year. Foos probably will headline R&L in 2019 if they're not there in 2018.

Royal Blood will surely headline next year.

Why? Nothing against you if you like the 1975, but i genuinely cannot stand anything about them and so i really cant justify myself spending a significant amount of money on a weekend ticket for a festival where they hold such a high slot, when there are other festivals ill be able to attend with a different headliner. Their target audience seems to be young teenage girls judging from their very in your face image (not that theres a problem with that, although a young teenage girl i'm not) and irritating album titles. They headlined NME last year too - i feel like theyd need to play a high spot on mainstage before they can come in to headline.

To be fair you're right there, its not that they are awful fits in terms of demographic but i feel there's better, which was the point i tried to make albeit badly. Royal Blood are probably the quintissential R&L band, foals have proven themselves headlining outright from last year and arctic monkeys are arctic monkeys.

True about monkeys although im struggling to find a band with enough pulling power to replace them with. People dont seem to think QOTSA will play next year anymore which could put them in the running for playing 2019 but that may be slightly too far away from the release of Villains.

I'd be more than happy to see Royal Blood headline next year although im not sure what the reception of that would be considering the fact that they've only released two albums, hence why i said 2019 assuming theyd be able to at least get a couple of singles out prior to the festival. 

Even forgetting my personal view on a lot of the bands suggested, it sounds like these headliner suggestions are particularly weak in terms of size and popularity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2017 at 1:28 AM, Mattymooz said:

Got bored so thought I'd make this predicition. I forgot 1975 when I was making it but didn't know which other headline to cut out so...

QAulsFb.jpg

Courteeners switching it up, abandoning their plan to play third down every other year until the end of eternity by choosing to play in 2019 instead. Naughty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Twice said:

Why? Nothing against you if you like the 1975, but i genuinely cannot stand anything about them and so i really cant justify myself spending a significant amount of money on a weekend ticket for a festival where they hold such a high slot, when there are other festivals ill be able to attend with a different headliner. Their target audience seems to be young teenage girls judging from their very in your face image (not that theres a problem with that, although a young teenage girl i'm not) and irritating album titles. They headlined NME last year too - i feel like theyd need to play a high spot on mainstage before they can come in to headline.

If their target audience is young teenage girls then their plan isn't working, all of their gigs I've been to have had a balanced range of ages and genders - if anything, especially in the early days, there was a slight majority of blokes. 

They've already "promised" to come back and headline, and also just headlined Latitude which is increasingly regarded as a 'test' for acts FR are planning to ask to headline R+L in the future (providing they don't completely stall like TDCC). Unless they played below someone absolutely gargantuan like the Arctics or something then having them in a Main Stage slot but not headlining would look ridiculous. They're bigger than all of this year's undercard put together ffs.

Edited by Zac Quinn
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

If their target audience is young teenage girls then their plan isn't working, all of their gigs I've been to have a balanced range of ages and genders. They've already "promised" to come back and headline, unless they played below someone absolutely gargantuan like the Arctics or something then having them in a Main Stage slot but not headlining would look ridiculous. They're probably bigger than all of this year's undercard put together ffs.

Maybe Ive got them wrong then, but anecdotally i cant name a single guy my age who doesn't find them extremely irritating and painful to listen to. Had no idea they had much of a male following at all. 

I dont doubt their size but as i say anecdotally it feels like the 1975 headlining is alienating 50% of R&L's audience by giving them a headline slot as ive always felt them to be very very popular with what i assumed to be their target audience and extremely unpopular with the rest. 

To be fair though, every band under the sun aims to headline big festivals. Im pretty sure the sherlocks promised to headline a festival at one point and while i quite like the sherlocks that promise doesnt mean itll happen.

Either way, personally id be extremely disappointed to see them headlining and i know all my friend group would too.

Edited by Twice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twice said:

Maybe Ive got them wrong then, but anecdotally i cant name a single guy my age who doesn't find them extremely irritating and painful to listen to. Had no idea they had much of a male following at all. 

I dont doubt their size but as i say anecdotally it feels like the 1975 headlining is alienating 50% of their male audience by giving them a headline slot as ive always felt them to be very very popular with what i assumed to be their target audience and extremely unpopular with the rest. 

To be fair though, every band under the sun aims to headline big festivals. Im pretty sure the sherlocks promised to headline a festivsl at one point and while i quite like the sherlocks theyve got a long way to go.

Either way, personally id be extremely disappointed to see them headlining and i know all my friend group would too.

I think this is the worst post I've ever read on here. But, of course, all the guys your age who you know are a completely accurate representation of R&L's audience... 

The 1975 would be an extremely popular headliner and would alienate nobody. Anyone who says any different is only trying to convince themselves otherwise. They're a MASSIVE, current band and will logically headline major festivals next time around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twice said:

Maybe Ive got them wrong then, but anecdotally i cant name a single guy my age who doesn't find them extremely irritating and painful to listen to. Had no idea they had much of a male following at all. 

I dont doubt their size but as i say anecdotally it feels like the 1975 headlining is alienating 50% of their male audience by giving them a headline slot as ive always felt them to be very very popular with what i assumed to be their target audience and extremely unpopular with the rest

The 1975 are in an interesting position where they produce pop very eloquently and have a slightly rock tinge to it (Similar to CHVRCHES and Fickle Friends). This means that they get a pretty decent following of both Pop fans (mostly teenage girls) and rock fans (mostly blokes). Admittedly most of the die hard fans are probably going to be the Pop people, but they definitely have a large following

And you'd be wrong about them being unpopular with everyone else. They had a huge crowd when they played last year and most people I know who don't like them can at least appreciate the talent they have. Plus theres always gonna be other headliners. Just because the 1975 isn't for you doesn't necessarily mean you wont want to go and see some other act who are headlining a different stage, not every headliner has to cater exactly to you.

Just now, Twice said:

To be fair though, every band under the sun aims to headline big festivals. Im pretty sure the sherlocks promised to headline a festival at one point and while i quite like the sherlocks that promise doesnt mean itll happen.

Either way, personally id be extremely disappointed to see them headlining and i know all my friend group would too.

Again, they were very popular last year, and they're the kind of band with a lot of hype around them with a lot of people and will definitely sell tickets. The big question imo is what year are they gonna headline. Album out in 2018 means healine either 2019 or 2020 imo, and I think they'd fit in well whichever year they're booked.

And 1975 are a R+L staple. I can't see them going to Glasto or TRNSMT or somewhere else for their first headline performance of a major festival

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×