33 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I bet you can't wait for them to play 1 song from suicide season (if you're lucky) if they headline next year.

I hope it’s a rarity like Chelsea Smile. 

• Upvote 1

Would love

Childish Gambino+Paramore / Foo Fighters / Swedish House Mafia+Royal Blood

Or tbh Gambino (or whatever his new alias is if he aint keeping Gambino for his new album) and SHM could be bumped down to subs if this year is anything to go by

What I want:  BMTH / Stormzy - TOP / Green Day

What we'll probably get:  Mumford & Sons / All Time Low / 1975

Only taking the p*** but after this years announcement I don't have super high hopes on what we'll get next year.

19 minutes ago, AdamJansson88 said:

What I think we’ll get: 1975 + BMTH, Florence, Stormzy 

Nah I'm sure there'll be at least one headliner with more of a back catalogue than those.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Nah I'm sure there'll be at least one headliner with more of a back catalogue than those.

Yeah possibly an american one as well, the strokes could easily play in place of florence

Hi, I don't like to be the new guy to join and say he has info, but a source has told me that Royal Blood are working on an EP. It is set to be released in 2019. I thought you guys might find that useful :)

56 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So they're (as expected) going down the more pop route. 2019 Reading/Leeds headline slot in - Download headline slot out.

Doubt it matters. I’m sure Download would still have ‘em, and they’d probably go down better there as well.

Tbf he isn’t saying they want to sound like 21P, he’s saying that 21P have got where they are by still sounding like 21P so BMTH want to do that too which is pretty rich considering how far they’ve gone. 

Of course Download would definitely still go for them. 

Edited by Andre91

They got where they did making a poppieralbum....They will continue for the top spot. A few have done it now.

BMTH's time at Download is at an end. They would have caused a riot previously had they been given the headline slot. Now they've gone all poppy it would be suicide. Unless they played There is a hell or similar in full.................

Think you guys are slightly deluded if you think Download are gonna dismiss a band popular among their clientele because they’ve compromised too much. Like who the fuck else is gonna ascend to headline slots? If that’s what bands have to do to be big enough then Download is gonna have to adapt. The festival is still very much their people; it’s not like changing styles is immediately gonna open them up to fans of other genres and when the band has already established its image it will only lessen their appeal to the crowds they already had - as Paramore learned, much to their chagrin.

either

Bring Me the Horizon / Twenty One Pilots, Kanye West, The Strokes

or

The 1975 / Twenty One Pilots, Kanye West, Queens of the Stone Age

Stormzy/Twenty One Pilots, The 1975, Bring Me the Horizon.

Probably too weak and probably needs a bigger hitter in there but those feel like the four most likely headliners to me.

Tbh I think it'd be better for them to go with that than to force in someone like Green Day or The Killers instead.

Maybe if Stormzy doesn't have a new album change it to BMTH/21P, Drake or Kanye (think Drake is more likely to be active of the two), The 1975.

35 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Stormzy/Twenty One Pilots, The 1975, Bring Me the Horizon.

I doubt they'd book 4 acts making their major festival headline debut in the same year. They've never really come close to doing anything like that before.

I reckon only 1 of BMTH or The 1975 will headline next year (unless they coheadline together). Say for example BMTH or The 1975 (possibly coheadlining with 21 Pilots) Friday, Drake or Kanye Saturday and then a returning headliner i.e. QOTSA, The Strokes, Foals, AM, Foos, Green Day etc Sunday. Think that'd be more likely.

Similarly to @PastRecedes, I'd go with BMTH/21Pilots, Kanye, Foals at this point. Could swap Kanye for Drake and Foals for The Strokes too.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I doubt they'd book 4 acts making their major festival headline debut in the same year. They've never really come close to doing anything like that before.

I reckon only 1 of BMTH or The 1975 will headline next year (unless they coheadline together). Say for example BMTH or The 1975 (possibly coheadlining with 21 Pilots) Friday, Drake or Kanye Saturday and then a returning headliner i.e. QOTSA, The Strokes, Foals, AM, Foos, Green Day etc Sunday. Think that'd be more likely.

Similarly to @PastRecedes, I'd go with BMTH/21Pilots, Kanye, Foals at this point. Could swap Kanye for Drake and Foals for The Strokes too.

I don't see what they'd gain by having Foals over The 1975, though, and this year they have 3 headliners making their major festival headline debut.

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Why couldn't they have BMTH and The 1975 but BMTH and Foals? The 1975 are definitely bigger.

Anyway are we certain that Stormzy's a headliner? I know he sold out Wireless rapidly but that might be down to the festival more than him. I wouldn't be against it happening, mind. 

I think it will be BMTH + TOP, someone big like Yeezy, Killers, Arctics or whoever then The 1975. 

I wouldn't rule out 5 headliners again also.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I don't see what they'd gain by having Foals over The 1975, though, and this year they have 3 headliners making their major festival headline debut.

Only 2 are this year? Kendrick and Panic.

Say it was BMTH/21 Pilots, Drake and Foals, that would still be 3 headliners making their major debut as well, I just can't imagine they'd not have at least 1 returning headliner. Think the last time that happened was 09 with Radiohead, KoL and AM, but even then all three had headlined Glastonbury before.

I'd agree that it would make more sense having The 1975 headline over Foals again, but that's just the sort of thing that R&L seem to do innit... like Biffy returning in 2016 and FOB this year.

7 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Why couldn't they have BMTH and The 1975 but BMTH and Foals? The 1975 are definitely bigger.

Because Foals would be a returning headliner. My point wasn't really about the size of the acts as such, more that there's not been a year since 2009 where at least one headliner hasn't already headlined the festival before, and even in 2009 all 3 of those headliners had already done Glastonbury.

10 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Because Foals would be a returning headliner. My point wasn't really about the size of the acts as such, more that there's not been a year since 2009 where at least one headliner hasn't already headlined the festival before, and even in 2009 all 3 of those headliners had already done Glastonbury.

It doesn't matter though when the band being bumped is bigger than the returning headliner. It probably hasn't happened as recently because there hasn't been years recently with as many acts ready. Like Royal Blood, BMTH, Stormzy, 21P, Florence, The 1975, possibly even Chance are pretty much all ready I think.

19 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Only 2 are this year? Kendrick and Panic.

Say it was BMTH/21 Pilots, Drake and Foals, that would still be 3 headliners making their major debut as well, I just can't imagine they'd not have at least 1 returning headliner. Think the last time that happened was 09 with Radiohead, KoL and AM, but even then all three had headlined Glastonbury before.

I'd agree that it would make more sense having The 1975 headline over Foals again, but that's just the sort of thing that R&L seem to do innit... like Biffy returning in 2016 and FOB this year.

Oh yeah forgot FOB "headlined" in 2016. This festival is dumb as fuck.

And yeah that's why I said after I suggested that set that it probably needed a bigger hitter in there :P Those 4 on their own seem like the 4 most obvious acts to me but I think it's more likely on the whole that one of them will miss out in favour of another act. Maybe stick BMTH at Download and have 21P/Stormzy, The 1975, Foals. Maybe Stormzy won't have a second album out in time so have BMTH/21P, Drake, The 1975. Maybe The 1975 will headline Glastonbury instead so have Stormzy/21P, Foals, BMTH.