2019 festival

55 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Good read but ‘Frank Carter was an unknown til a few years ago’?????

He was frontman for one of Britain’s most popular punk bands, released one of the biggest punk albums of the last 15 years and has played Reading about 8 or 9 times in three different bands!

To be fair I didn’t know he existed til 2016

252x313.jpg?1

He was very much known outside of a niche. He was the public face of that band and instrumental to them climbing up festival bills and playing bigger venues. And obviously when he went solo, the band fell back down again.

I’ve said it before and it sounds a bit strange but I think that BMTH got the press push to the big leagues that Gallows were gonna get. I suppose it’s nice now that Frank is getting up there regardless.

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, Walliot said:

Heard from somebody whos relative is interning with F&R that they are chasing Biffy Clyro for the secret set.

The girls like 18 or something though, so would take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Did we get any follow up on this? Or was it just a  tall story

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

252x313.jpg?1

He was very much known outside of a niche. He was the public face of that band and instrumental to them climbing up festival bills and playing bigger venues. And obviously when he went solo, the band fell back down again.

I’ve said it before and it sounds a bit strange but I think that BMTH got the press push to the big leagues that Gallows were gonna get. I suppose it’s nice now that Frank is getting up there regardless.

Yeah, he was everywhere for a while.

To be fair, whilst I’m surprised that there are people who didn’t know who he is, if you don’t follow that genre you won’t pay much attention.

I hadn’t heard of Post Malone or Kendrick Lamar until they were announced last year and until three weeks ago hadn’t heard a 1975 song (wish I still hadn’t haha) so I suppose it’s well possible that people hadn’t heard of Frank Carter who isn’t anywhere near as famous as those guys.(to be fair though, I wouldn’t be classing them as ‘unknown’ on a music blog like the guy that promoted this conversation did)

6 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Good read but ‘Frank Carter was an unknown til a few years ago’?????

He was frontman for one of Britain’s most popular punk bands, released one of the biggest punk albums of the last 15 years and has played Reading about 8 or 9 times in three different bands!

To clarify, I really meant to refer to the group being unknown rather than Frank Carter himself. However, outside of the punk scene he isn’t exactly popular and the music he’s producing with The Rattlesnakes is far more mainstream than what he did with Gallows. For a lot of people who have never really delved into hardcore punk, Frank Carter will be a new name for them. The wording was poor but I’ll stand by the sentiment.

On 2/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, TheAuxCord said:

Aware that this may not interest many, but I've quickly typed up a blog post about the artists that I think are the most worth seeing this year and wondered if anyone had any qualms with it or thinks I've missed someone? 

https://theauxcord77.wordpress.com/2019/02/23/10-artists-you-need-to-see-at-reading-leeds-fest-2019/

I love The Chats.

i think Post should close both sights as he’s bigger and will draw a bigger crowd, would be awkward for the closer to have a smaller crowd than the penultimate act. however personally i wants Pilots to close as i think their music is much more hyped up and it’ll be a better closing show, either way i’m buzzing though

2 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

i think Post should close both sights as he’s bigger and will draw a bigger crowd, would be awkward for the closer to have a smaller crowd than the penultimate act. however personally i wants Pilots to close as i think their music is much more hyped up and it’ll be a better closing show, either way i’m buzzing though

TOP have been working their way up though and headline most other fests they do, Post made a massive jump I reckon it will switch. No obvious way around though I think i'd say Post down south TOP up north.