2019 festival

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

The week before in germany. Reckon we will get Two Feet, Loyle Carner and Boy Pablo out of this lot

Think we'll see Skegss too tbh. Would be a nice little booking.

21 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Loyle Carner Mid R1 would be very nice

Didn't he play about 4th down R1 in 2017? Reckon he'd be about mid main or a slot or two higher on R1.

8 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Think we'll see Skegss too tbh. Would be a nice little booking.

Didn't he play about 4th down R1 in 2017? Reckon he'd be about mid main or a slot or two higher on R1.

Only coheadlining Sound City with Mabel though. Dunno if thats just a weird booking or if he was booked too high in 2017, but his gigs don't seem to be at that big of a venue either. 4th down R1 is where about I would place him if I didn't know that is where he played last time tbh.

43 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Only coheadlining Sound City with Mabel though. Dunno if thats just a weird booking or if he was booked too high in 2017, but his gigs don't seem to be at that big of a venue either. 4th down R1 is where about I would place him if I didn't know that is where he played last time tbh.

Sound City is two days and he’s headlining one day of it. And his tour is an intimate one, and obviously sold out on the spot. I think @TheWaters is right about where he’d place.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sound City is two days and he’s headlining one day of it. And his tour is an intimate one, and obviously sold out on the spot. I think @TheWaters is right about where he’d place.

Its still an event that last year was headlined by Peace and DMA's and this year the other headliner would be lucky to get 5th down on R1.

And as far as I can see his tour before last was still smaller venues, plus looking at his placement at NASS this year and Latitude last year (where he was booked lower down the lineup than Jorja Smith, who I wouldnt be suprised to see get 3rd down R1)...

12 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Its still an event that last year was headlined by Peace and DMA's and this year the other headliner would be lucky to get 5th down on R1.

And as far as I can see his tour before last was still smaller venues, plus looking at his placement at NASS this year and Latitude last year (where he was booked lower down the lineup than Jorja Smith, who I wouldnt be suprised to see get 3rd down R1)...

bruh

57 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Vampire Weekend coming back with new music, how likely are they?

Chance they could sub the 1975, but as they're in Europe in July it seems more likely they'll play Citadel Fest. All Points East is als possible.

Reckon Two Door Cinema Club are likeliest to sub The 1975.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:34 PM, Mattymooz said:

The week before in germany. Reckon we will get Two Feet, Loyle Carner and Boy Pablo out of this lot

personally hoping for Kampf Der Künste Poetry Slam - I love their stuff

24 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Do catfish’s tour dates in April and may have any effect ?

I'd say there's a very good chance of them being there as they're doing Sziget a couple of weeks before and the 2 festivals seem to a share a few big name acts each year. However, They've already got 3 out of 4 of the headliners as well as the likes of pale waves and yungblud so I can't see R+L wanting to be too similar in how they lineup but in reality I doubt it matters as more people would find it easier and cheaper to spend a weekend in the UK than in Hungary.

I was basing it of the fact that they aren't currently on the bill for any other UK fests I think and the fact that Sziget has shared big acts with R+L in the past. I didn't think they'd still have the same appeal after headlining all those smaller fests last year but seems like they're still on the up and a sub slot at R+L would give them the platform to go on to bigger slots at bigger fests. Their dates seem to tie in with R+L more than any of the other sub shouts I've seen 

15 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I was basing it of the fact that they aren't currently on the bill for any other UK fests I think and the fact that Sziget has shared big acts with R+L in the past. I didn't think they'd still have the same appeal after headlining all those smaller fests last year but seems like they're still on the up and a sub slot at R+L would give them the platform to go on to bigger slots at bigger fests. Their dates seem to tie in with R+L more than any of the other sub shouts I've seen 

What about Tame Impala? No UK fests set on this album. TDCC, same. Bombay if they’re back. These all make much more sense to me, personally.

Catfish could have subbed R+L any of the last few years. I don’t think - now that they’re headlining fests that R+L headliners are also headlining - they should now finally be subbing R+L. I wouldn’t say they’re ‘still on the up’ and needing a platform as they should really be looking at headlining Reading now - if they sub on this album then they set a very high bar to clear to ever headline Reading.

N.B. Sziget shares North American acts cos it makes sense to do both massive festivals in one run of shows but it’s not the same for European acts, really. Obviously it sometimes shares touring UK acts but there isn’t the same logic.

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What about Tame Impala? No UK fests set on this album. TDCC, same. Bombay if they’re back. These all make much more sense to me, personally.

Catfish could have subbed R+L any of the last few years. I don’t think - now that they’re headlining fests that R+L headliners are also headlining - they should now finally be subbing R+L. I wouldn’t say they’re ‘still on the up’ and needing a platform as they should really be looking at headlining Reading now - if they sub on this album then they set a very high bar to clear to ever headline Reading.

N.B. Sziget shares North American acts cos it makes sense to do both massive festivals in one run of shows but it’s not the same for European acts, really. Obviously it sometimes shares touring UK acts but there isn’t the same logic.

I thought Tame Impala were out of the question now seen as they're headlining Coachella but US headliners and European ones do tend to differ occasionally so I guess it's a possibility. Two door were my original thought but I wasn't 100% sure what their summer plans were as they've been touring this same album at festivals for 2 summers already as well as their comeback in 2016 followed by a lengthy tour. Bombay would be my personal choice along with The streets for at least one of those spots but depending on where they're placed at other festivals I'm finding it hard to picture if FR believe they warrant those slots quite yet even though they're set for huge comebacks I presume. 

I thought they were one of the subs for Sziget tbh but it's hard to know how FR judge them as they continually haven't booked them for R+L since 2015 even though it seems that they're always around. I thought Community would be the one that set their stall out for their positioning the year after but they headlined the smaller fests instead which I personally thought would be their downfall and they would struggle to keep the momentum they have going. 'On the up' was the wrong choice of words I meant it more as they have a stable and committed fan base that I thought would lose interest but it seems like they're still going strong and on to even bigger arenas now.