33 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Looks like the rumour of Foals dropping 2 albums could be true, can't remember who said it on here but yeah i'm so excited for this project.

It was @gfa

Not sure whether he said EE bassist would join as a touring member or not

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Yeah think we discussed that has it been confirmed? The change in backing music from 25 seconds to the end of that video made me think of EE which reminded me of the rumour about the bassist.

6 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

It was @gfa

I didn't say that but yeah, I think the EE bit was from NME. Should be a good year for foals

14 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

saw the 1975 last night. they are going to absolutely kill that headliner spot, just incredible stuff

Seeing them next Friday at the o2, stage design looked fucking mental last night judging by videos. Probably the best stage design I’ve seen 

Would be good to see Gary Clark Jr play on main stage in Sunday. New album out in March and friends with Dave.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, teeman89 said:

Would be good to see Gary Clark Jr play on main stage in Sunday. New album out in March and friends with Dave.

Yeah, he was awesome in Glastonbury a few years ago.

Cant see him playing Reading to be honest, that would (unfortunately) be the emptiest main stage crowd ever.

Looking forward to his new album though 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

saw the 1975 last night. they are going to absolutely kill that headliner spot, just incredible stuff

I looked at the setlist. MAN. Banger after banger after banger. They’re also playing two of my favourite songs from the new album (How To Draw / Petrichor and I Like America...). I really want to get a day ticket for their day at Leeds because their set is going to be one big, lovely party. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I looked at the setlist. MAN. Banger after banger after banger. They’re also playing two of my favourite songs from the new album (How To Draw / Petrichor and I Like America...). I really want to get a day ticket for their day at Leeds because their set is going to be one big, lovely party. 

It's going to be great. Notes on a Conditional Form will be out by then too. 

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

the atmosphere was electric man, for every song. if they can translate the entire stage design to reading it'll be fucking magical

• Upvote 1

What were they like with ID for tickets and stuff? Got 2 for Manchester potentially but won't have bought them through Twickets so won't be my name on there, which isn't normally an issue for me as I've never been checked but the 1975 have a partnership with them iirc? Wondering if they're stricter because of that?

6 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

What were they like with ID for tickets and stuff? Got 2 for Manchester potentially but won't have bought them through Twickets so won't be my name on there, which isn't normally an issue for me as I've never been checked but the 1975 have a partnership with them iirc? Wondering if they're stricter because of that?

Dw, someone asked Jamie Oborne if they would check names on the tickets and he said they wouldn't

Enter Shikari anywhere on the bill? Spoke to them last night before their Sheffield show and Rory said they had unannounced plans for the UK summer that they couldn't spill. 

Edited by Bandit Tom

1 hour ago, Bandit Tom said:

Enter Shikari anywhere on the bill? Spoke to them last night before their Sheffield show and Rory said they had unannounced plans for the UK summer that they couldn't spill. 

I think they’ll be a second stage headliner at Download. 

How likely are they to rebook Skepta after him cancelling last year? Have they rebooked an artist in the past after they cancelled the year prior?

Edited by alf13

1 hour ago, alf13 said:

How likely are they to rebook Skepta after him cancelling last year? Have they rebooked an artist in the past after they cancelled the year prior?

Eminem 

4 hours ago, alf13 said:

A2 canceller in 2017 and played 2018. Not huge but just an example.

Hoping Playboi Carti is rebooked tbh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, alf13 said:

HAIM pulled out in 2016 and got booked a slot higher in 2017. Would probably depend on why they pulled out.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Lizzo to get an earlyish slot on the Dance Stage if she's around.

Didn’t she do that last year?

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Don't think so. Noname did, don't know if that's who you're thinking of?

No lol. I just looked and Lizzo played early on 1Xtra. I think if she was back she’d play somewhere like R1, but chances are she won’t be back for a few.

Edited by dentalplan