2019 festival

8 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Well no because people would have gone to the other stages rather than seeing him. I saw him due to there being no other option. If I had a choice however I’d much rather go and see Peace over post if they finished when a normal headliner did and clashed so surely I’m not the only one, this would have affected his crowd.

Similar size I should have said. Not having Peace against is a weird one. They would have closed the 1xtra stage and the pit headlined by Ghostemane early anyway you'd have thought.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

If you are in to guitar music at Leeds, then after 21P and Peace, many will be heading back to their tents/going home. 

Very strange decision. 

Ps - crowd size for Bowling for Soup at Leeds was biggest ive seen for many years, 20 deep outside, no chance of seeing them if you went to see the Chats. There is still a market for guitar music at Leeds, even if the majority of attendees are more interested in Billie Ellish /Post Malone / AJ Treacy etc

4 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

ADTR’s crowd looks massive. 

Not sure if this is meant sarcastically or not but the crowd was tiny. They were the only band subbing that they didn’t close off the circle throughout the set (they even did it for Blossoms). Only got busy for the last couple of songs when people were coming in for Foos. 

Finally home. Didn’t fancy drinking booze today in the heat, god I’m getting old. Will put a proper write up either tomorrow or Tuesday (when I should be working!). Just one thing I wanted to mention though and that’s how well the circle pen thing worked. Stopped all the idiots coming and trying to push and crush people half way through a set. Really hope they keep it for next year. 

Leeds was a bit of a nightmare for most of today. It was scorching and lots of vendors were running out of water mid afternoon and the queues for the water stations were approaching an hour (I waited just over 55 minutes to fill my couple of bottles). 

Overall it was a great weekend and I’ll post some comments later on sometime on the sets I saw. 

The biggest downer of the weekend was of course the young girl who died and who I assume was the girl a few feet away from me fitting on Friday at the main stage. Awful, awful stuff. 

50 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if this is meant sarcastically or not but the crowd was tiny. They were the only band subbing that they didn’t close off the circle throughout the set (they even did it for Blossoms). Only got busy for the last couple of songs when people were coming in for Foos. 

I thought it was a big crowd from where I was standing

i thought they were absolutely awesome 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Leeds was a bit of a nightmare for most of today. It was scorching and lots of vendors were running out of water mid afternoon and the queues for the water stations were approaching an hour (I waited just over 55 minutes to fill my couple of bottles). 

Overall it was a great weekend and I’ll post some comments later on sometime on the sets I saw. 

The biggest downer of the weekend was of course the young girl who died and who I assume was the girl a few feet away from me fitting on Friday at the main stage. Awful, awful stuff. 

Reading was really good for water. At all the stages the security was filling up people's bottles quickly. Was a new queue system for refill stations too