2019 festival

1 hour ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I think it might have been mainly down to not wanting to clash Frank Carter with foos. Ideally would've been bastille on the post day tbh

Yes to be honest Frank Carter didn't draw anywhere close to a 3rd down main stage crowd, would have slotted in 4th/5th no problem, Bastille took enough people from Foo's that it wasn't to a point of not being able to move inside the barrier.

20 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

surprised Bastille pulled such a crowd away from the Foo Fighters, it's like the graveyard shift being against them on this lineup. Crazy that Chvrches clashes completely as well. Mammoth 3 hour set lined up, reckon they got some big surprises to throw out in that set.

Wheres Billie eilsh because she hasn't turned up on stage

36 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

surprised Bastille pulled such a crowd away from the Foo Fighters, it's like the graveyard shift being against them on this lineup. Crazy that Chvrches clashes completely as well. Mammoth 3 hour set lined up, reckon they got some big surprises to throw out in that set.

doubt they'll actually do 3 hours, they did 23 songs as it was with somewhat dragged on drum solo's etc and it was nowhere near.

Pretty sure the Foo's assigned an extra half an hour to Reading over Leeds just like in 2012. They also wanted to get people who went to see them in 1995 to get in touch in regard to the Reading set and they also asked what songs people wanted to hear played that might not be normal Foo's setlist songs like Aurora etc. They played 27 songs in 2012 as well.

Edited by robillustrates

54 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Pretty sure the Foo's assigned an extra half an hour to Reading over Leeds just like in 2012. They also wanted to get people who went to see them in 1995 to get in touch in regard to the Reading set and they also asked what songs people wanted to hear played that might not be normal Foo's setlist songs like Aurora etc. They played 27 songs in 2012 as well.

They did play long although there was a cover and the rest wouldn't overly bother me too miss, I am one of the more hits, single and well known Foo's fans though. Dave said Reading won't get the Hero cover with his daughter as she has to back to school.

16 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Anyone know if there’s any truth in the fact that Posty only agreed to appear if there were minimal clashes to ensure he got a bigger crowd than last year... would explain the Pit/FR closing early I guess. 

I doubt it. He'd have got the same size crowd anyway surely? There wasn't much competition even if all the stages ran. He was lucky they didn't all leave on account of him being dull as dishwater mind you.

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I doubt it. He'd have got the same size crowd anyway surely? There wasn't much competition even if all the stages ran. He was lucky they didn't all leave on account of him being dull as dishwater mind you.

Well no because people would have gone to the other stages rather than seeing him. I saw him due to there being no other option. If I had a choice however I’d much rather go and see Peace over post if they finished when a normal headliner did and clashed so surely I’m not the only one, this would have affected his crowd. 

i saw the clashfinder, even with the minimal competition I'd still have left after 21 pilots personally.

I watched some of his set, was fine for what it was, somewhat minimal but his fans are proper loyal and looked like they loved it.

I was impressed with 21 pilots, loved the performance despite only knowing half the songs.

Edited by robillustrates